Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The next update will be on 29th Sept thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Regarding Tasse Flower, shouldn't we be using the name Tassel Flower instead? There's no flower to date that has a name that is unlike the flower it's based on (eg. Nutaku's Cactace instead of Cactus; a similarly bastardized name doesn't exist in the DMM version). I definitely see it as a Typo on the FKG devs' part. If we must by all means go by the name on the gacha page, then we'd have to change Balloon Vine's pages to match the mis-spelling they had on the previous gacha for Crit Rate Up girls (Ballon Vine iirc).

As helpful as it is that the devs provide us with English names, I don't trust non-natives to get English correct all the time. That'd be our job. Hence, I think we should use Tassel Flower and Balloon Vine because it properly conveys the original intention of the devs.

Rep
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby I've renamed all the asset files and redirected the page to its proper name. Still wouldn't change Helenium's icon name though, that'll have to wait until we've gotten flower knight's module at least.

I should've refactored that from early on, cuz if I wait until seasonal voice lines came out it'll be a pain to refactor.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 05-24-2017 at 03:47 AM.
    Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroKirby View Post
    Regarding Tasse Flower, shouldn't we be using the name Tassel Flower instead? There's no flower to date that has a name that is unlike the flower it's based on (eg. Nutaku's Cactace instead of Cactus; a similarly bastardized name doesn't exist in the DMM version). I definitely see it as a Typo on the FKG devs' part. If we must by all means go by the name on the gacha page, then we'd have to change Balloon Vine's pages to match the mis-spelling they had on the previous gacha for Crit Rate Up girls (Ballon Vine iirc).

As helpful as it is that the devs provide us with English names, I don't trust non-natives to get English correct all the time. That'd be our job. Hence, I think we should use Tassel Flower and Balloon Vine because it properly conveys the original intention of the devs.
    I guess it would be fine if the name has a bit of spelling errors made by FKG Devs.

Yeah, Tasse Flower is typo, it's suppose to be Tassel Flower, but I don't corrected it because it's an official name anyway.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3050 Post(s)
    @MrHueHue yeah... I assure that the devs will notice that typo error sooner or later.

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 140]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    I had encountered a FKG player who didn't understand English, used our Wikia, and yet wasn't doing the daily quests because they couldn't remember them. To help make the quests more memorable, I changed the format of the table of quests to have much less text (the English translated title is removed and the Japanese title is written only once) and also have images hinting at what to do. The problem is that I couldn't think of a good image hinting at Secret Gardens and/or Character Quests. I want something that is small, but is not simply Japanese text. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me or put in into the table.

In other news, the migration of Template:AbilityText to Module:Ability is at a standstill while I try to support not-showing-suffixes and only-showing-suffixes specifically for Yamabuki/Japanese Kerria. It doesn't sound hard, but adding a 2nd function seems to have broken everything lol. The broken think is Module:Ability/Sandbox and not the real thing though.

@dandan550 I doubt it. I had already pointed out the typo in the official DMM forums during the event's 1st half, but nothing changed. Also, I might be misremembering, but I think Balloon Vine had her name spelled correctly during her first release, but it was mis-spelled for her Easter version. So there's no consistency.

Rep
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby The latest update have make some Flower knights to be bloomable without the bloomed CG.

The problem, of course, is that I had used Flower knight's bloomed image params to unlock the bloomed stats until now. I've fixed that so that the bloomed image and stats are unlocked under different conditions.
    Incidentally, this also means several girls have bloomed stats without the icon to go with it, so I'll need a placeholder image. I'm considering using the elixir icon for the placeholder image.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 Probably a silhouette with "Coming Soon" word on it might be a nice placeholder. It can be any silhouette though.

Rep
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)
    @MrHueHue The icon resolution is a bit small (80x80) to fit the "Coming Soon" text with reliable legibility...

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3050 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby hope so.

Anyways can anyone checked the translator who is adding the scripts in some of the girls... I think someone is pasting Nutaku translation into them. As I saw on Dia's before.

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 140]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 I think you're underestimating the space you have with 80x80.

Worse comes to worst, you can use an SVG or just type in the text and use some CSS.

@dandan550 Some people have put Google translations of quotes into the character pages. It further justifies to me that what we're really lacking is a Quality Assurance crew.