Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4
    A lot of knights have their bloom image broken currently as they are asking for XXX_chara02 while their bloom images are named XXX_02 instead
    I was wondering if you was aware of that and @HydroKirby suggested making nazuna fix it?

Infracted User
    IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3122 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby It is just my speculation, but then again GT could be worse.

Yeah, we kinda need a grammar checker for the character quotes. As a lot of the girl's quotes hasn't being fully translated yet...

Rep
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @Soul Turns out there are several character CGs that were left with their old names when the refactoring take place, which I only found out after looking up the unused photos. Rosy Lily in particular wasn't refactored properly for the bloomed icon.

Also, NazunaBot don't have the privileges needed to rename files because it's practically the same thing as moving Wikia articles, so it required content mod user rights at least.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 05-30-2017 at 05:23 AM.
    Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    I came up with two ideas to solve two different problems. I'm going to memo them here for myself and others.

1. Character module names should be in Japanese. It'll allow us to program Lua modules knowing (a) the module name will never change, and (b) the module name accurately represents the character in question.
    [+] Spoiler
    Long description: Character names get changed on occasion, but this presents a major problem when LostLogia and I are trying to merge all the character info. I still don't have a solution to programatically find all flower knight modules outside of maintaining a list by hand somewhere. If someone were to change the name of one of these modules (eg. Module:Helenium to Module:Sneezeweed), the list would break. I came up with the following options.
    Module Naming SchemeBenefits/Problems
    Accepted English name (Module:Helenium)The module name must be changed if the accepted English name changes. The list-of-all-knights would need to be updated immediately. All existed references to the old module would not need to be fixed as long as redirects are made.
    Given English name (Module:Seemania (for Bolivian Sunset))Rather than looking deeply into the exact flower the character represents, you go by the obvious reading. Wikia maintainers would be free to edit the accepted English name, but barred from changing the given English name to prevent Lua module upkeep. This would only work if people agreed on given names in the first place, but there's flower knights with no official English name like Idsuroei. This system essentially suffers the same problem as the first one.
    In-game ID (Module:120805 (for Helenium))The module name will never change even if the character's name does. The downside is that it's very difficult for editors to call upon specific character modules without looking up character IDs on the side. I thought of using a helper function like {{Character {{!}} display_by_name {{!}} Sneezeweed}}, but this has the exact same problems as above.
    Romaji name (Module:Hereniumu)The module name will never change, but some people don't follow standard (aka Hepburn) romaji guidelines, and some people can't read kana in the first place, so there's a problem with imminent typos. Furthermore, the romaji names may be harder to remember than the English names even if they're remotely similar, so depending on how versed an editor is with transliteration, they may struggle with accessing specific character modules.
    Japanese name (Module:ヘレニウム)The module name will never change. Unlike using the ID, the module name clearly represents the character it refers to. An upside this has over the English text schemes is that there's no need for spaces. I don't think "Module:Nerine (June Bride)" is a valid module name, but "Module:ネリネ(ジューンブライド " should be valid. Note that those are full-width parenthesis just like all the Japanese names use.
    This all assumes the Wikia can handle Japanese in Module names. I need to test this, but I presume it'd be fine because if it didn't, I'm sure Japanese people using MediaWiki software would complain up a storm about it.

2. I want to have descriptive tags for characters. If we could build a "Find Flower Knight by Description" page, it'll allow players who know 0% Japanese to be able to find their own flower knights.
    [+] Spoiler
    A big problem I've wanted to solve is to somehow help all non-Japanese speaking players, whether new or veteran, to be able to recognize their own flower knights. The idea I had was to have a search system which filtered out results based on tags you clicked on.

I got the idea from the Japanese Wiki's List of Five Star Characters Page. If you click "Enable Filter", you can narrow down your search results and watch the table of characters diminish.

I suggest we store information about all character portrait descriptions. I don't want to go danbooru-level in-depth, but I was thinking something along the lines of this.
    IconNameTypeEyesColorHairWearingAccessoriesWeapon
    Nerine (June Bride)MagicBlueBlueBlue, Ponytail, Ribbon, Wedding Shawl, LongApron, Wedding DressRibbonRing, Crystal
    AppleMagicBluePinkPink, Short, FlowerPinkRibbon, Jewelery, Bracelet, NecklaceApple, Present, Gift
    Dancing Lady OrchidSlashBrownYellow, Red, BlackBrown, Short, PonytailDress, Skirt, Greaves, Boots, Tights, Sweater, GauntletsTwin Daggers
    The table would assume the player has 0% Japanese knowledge.

I won't put stats in there because that assumes the player has maxed their levels (useless table bloat for new players).

Adding the favorite gift as a column may be feasible if the player understands how to recognize the tell-tale sign of which gift is favored. This does not require knowledge of Japanese; you just go to the gift-giving page and spot the 好きな物 text on some gift types.

The table would be generated programmativally based on metadata added by editors into the character modules.

The problem is that Wikia doesn't have a built-in way to filter tables. I know that users can add their own javascript to the Wikia, but I don't know how far that can be taken. Greasemonkey/Scriptish is an option, but that's sort of roundabout. Maybe someone else can offer an idea for filtering them?

Rep
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby I suppose that's the best option we could come up with, since Flower Knight ID is not entirely unchangeable, however rarely.

As for table filters, I could only find a list-type filter for now. Not sure if the search-type filter script is available.
    http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User...or_Long_Tables

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 I saw that before. I'm not sure how it would handle table cells with commas in them. If it doesn't split the data by commas, then it will need adjusting.

Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Character English names from current gachas:
    イオノシジウム - Ionocidum
    キルタンサス - Fire Lily

on wiki:
    Ionocidium, Ifafa Lily

I would have fixed it, but I do not know how to do it.

FKG ID: 719962525

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    @Nakasugi The former is obviously has spelling mistakes lol. Ionocidium is still correct because that's how it's genus spelled.

You can change Ifafa Lily to Fire Lily though. You just need to click the "edit" button (the square blue button with "edit" on it), then double click on the template and it will pop out the form for you to edit.

Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @MrHueHue Maybe Ionocidium is still correct, but official name is official name even if contain errors.

If I change name on the character's page, changes apply to the table? Will not be lost link ".../wiki/Ifafa_Lily".
    I do not know how the wiki works.
    And finally, I do not like this character, so I'll leave it to someone else.

[+] Spoiler
    Rice_Lily ↵ Chocolate_Lily

FKG ID: 719962525

Rep
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Any content mod can rename the characters and put a redirect on the character pages (plus refactoring for linked pages). Asset images is a tad harder, since they need to be renamed as well, which is why I provided the IconName variable so it's pretty much unnecessary. The only time I'll agree on renaming them is when these characters are relatively recent (usually before they have any seasonal lines).