Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    @Nakasugi It was only a page or so ago in this thread that we discussed using official flower name spellings instead of what the gacha page says. The gacha screen says Ionocidum, but the gacha screen meant Ionocidium. Following the true intentions of the FKG devs, we're going with the intended names. The same thing goes for Ballo(o)n Vine and Tasse(l) Flower.

If you attempt to Rename a page, there's a pre-selected checkbox that says "Leave a redirect behind". That causes old links to [[Ifafa Lily]] to go to [[Fire Lily]]. The only issue is that files like ifafa_lily_icon00.png won't be renamed even if you change the character page's name. However, only content moderators like LostLogia and myself are able to change filenames. It's kind of a PITA for anyone to fix all the files for a character, so keeping the character renames to a minimum is requested to support our laziness. That's why the IconName field is provided in character pages. Character pages would be rename-able by any Wikia editor, but files for that character actually follow the format (IconName)_icon00.png so that nobody needs to change change the files as well. If the difference between IconName and the accepted character name becomes an issue, you'll need to bug one of us to put it on our todo lists.
    [+] Spoiler
    There's no tool for us to mass-rename files "smartly". We have to do it one-by-one or build a one-time use tool/bot to do the renaming for us. Just imagine mass renaming files on your your home computer. Now imagine doing that through a web browser.

Regarding Chocolate Lily's name, did you look at the comments to the character's page? Chocolate Lily already showed up in a gacha many months back.

@LostLogia4 BTW, I noticed the IconName for June Bride characters uses the suffix "bride6". I think "june_bride" or even "jb" would've made more sense. For now, that's the least of my concerns though.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4, @HydroKirby thanks for the explanation.

FKG ID: 719962525

Rep
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroKirby View Post
    [MENTION=22077]There's no tool for us to mass-rename files "smartly". We have to do it one-by-one or build a one-time use tool/bot to do the renaming for us. Just imagine mass renaming files on your your home computer. Now imagine doing that through a web browser.
    Why you don't want to use original unique character IDs and original file names?

For example:
    Sangobana ID = 141
    ...wiki/Flamingo_Plant => ...wiki/141
    Her files:
    icon_l_154901.png, icon_l_154902.png, icon_l_454901.png
    stand_s_154901.png, stand_s_154902.png, stand_s_454901.png

What is the point of renaming?

I'm working on a personal simple project "FKG-Info".
    Currently implemented:
    Parsing: masterCharacter, masterCharacterSkill, masterCharacterLeaderSkill.
    Displaying some attributes.
    Translation skills and abilities.
    Knight filter by rarity, attack type, ability type, nation.
    Downloading images from nutaku or dmm and saving to hdd.

I can add export for wiki pages, if you give me templates, аnd help determine all fields from masterCharacter data.

Screenshot of my programm:
    [+] Spoiler

Important question: Creating a topic about the reverse engineering of FKG data files does not violate forum rules?

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    I would suggest re-direct the said page though.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Nakasugi not anyone can memorize those.

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 130]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    @Nakasugi This is intriguing. I would like to cooperate with your project. LostLogia and I have been working on stuff like this for a long time, but progress has been extremely slow because we both have real life things to deal with. The main goal is to have a true database of flower knights rather than manually inputting their info into each separate page.

The whole reason for renaming files is that the images need to be user friendly for people to link in the Wikia in the first place. If I want to arbitrarily put Sangobana's icon on a page, I'd have to dig out the filename "icon_l_154901.png" from somewhere. That's why we use "flamingo_plant_icon00.png". An example of this is the Shop page where we put the event girls and buyable 4* girls images onto the page. That said, if we could build the database of characters, I can make a template which can do the ID lookup for an image based on a flower knight's name. That would be no problem at all.
    [+] Spoiler
    Incidentally, a lot of the old images uploaded to the Wiki from the game itself have unaltered names. I always have to look up what random sequence of numbers a particular gift or item stood for because I'm too lazy to rename them.

The reverse engineering is erm... I'm not sure how close we are to violating any rules. I mean, the Wikia itself hosts tons of content straight from the game itself and there's even guides on the Wikia for how to do the hacking and the particulars behind the data formats. LostLogia and I did our most private conversations over Discord.

Regarding the character template, it does exist but LostLogia and I have been talking about getting it overhauled. It'll look the same on the outside, but the internal workings will be wildly different. For now, you can see how variables are passed to the CharacterStat template from a character page when you Edit it and look at the source code. The details of the full overhaul are mentioned in my blog post, but some parts have changed. I need to update that post.

Rep
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    @dandan550 Do you have some place specific for me to start? Last time I checked (admittedly, a very long time ago) there wasn't really much progress on TLs.

Rep
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby Wow! Now I understand how FKG wiki work.

Ok. I will create topic with information about Master data. If we recognize all fields, I will be able to write C# code that exports all knights data to Lua.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    @Jifaru for starters we could go for the main story. Alternately, the character script lines can be another although this will be the longest as the heroine cast grows on with each event.

lastly are the event storyline. But since this can be checked/done later since the game saves it for those who are interested to read it again (bored?)

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 130]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    @dandan550 I was thinking more along the lines of getting character voice lines TL'd first since they probably are of more immediate interest to players. Translating the story line by line rather than just doing a plot synopsis is, in my opinion, not a very efficient use of time for either us or the reader.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    @Jifaru World Map might needs some TL and correction too. Although I would like to make each nation has their own page and have some written description over translated description, list of flower knights belong to that nation and list of events related to that nation etc.