Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    745 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby It is done. Good thing I do have Hordeum as my tipster.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

Rep
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Don't we need a Lolicon category? There are quite a number of those in the game.

MAKE PESTS GREAT AGAIN!

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    @TribalNugget No, for multiple reasons. For one, I don't want to propagate that usage of the word. In Japanese, it refers to someone who likes little girls as opposed to the little girls themselves. In that sense, I don't know of any lolicons in FKG in the first place. Secondly, because of the double-meaning a word like that has, I'd rather people use an unambiguous description such as "young" or "likes young girls".

I do want to have descriptive tags/catageories attached to flower knights in the future, but deciding on consistent vocabulary will be important.

Rep
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Changed the lay-out?

MAKE PESTS GREAT AGAIN!

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    @TribalNugget Yes.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2365 Post(s)
    Need some confirmation for latest nico girl. The wikia has Titonia as her name but googling gives me Tithonia. May I know what was the reason for the missing "h"?

Rep
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It seems that we don't have a category for 5* and 6* star knights that weren't introduced via an event (Black Baccara, Toad Lily, Convallaria, Bipinna Cosmos,...). Mind if I made one (might call it "not introduced via an event")?

MAKE PESTS GREAT AGAIN!

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    @TribalNugget That is not the purpose of the split... "Event 5*" does not refer to characters introduced from an event. It refers to the 5* which you can earn for free from that event. Furthermore, that character is weaker than other 5*s. Finally, those characters do not come out of gacha. Because these differences can affect a player's important decisions, the category is split on both the EN and JP Wikis. By decisions, I mean things like "should I roll gacha to earn this character", "does this character only come from a specific event", "is this character weak", etc.

By contrast, there's no merit to mentioning which 5/6*s were around since release.

As long as I'm here, I might as well state my progress update.

• Romaji names are added to the knight lists and individual character pages. I might revert this from modified Hepburn to traditional Hepburn because the original intent of this was to aid searching for characters by name for people who can't type Japanese, but modified Hepburn doesn't help for people who can't type macrons.
    • With a lot of help from LostLogia, individual character pages have almost all character data now migrated to Lua. This means character page creation has been greatly simplified because it's procedurally generated by the master data and will update whenever the master data does.
    • Event pages are being simplified. I'm moving a lot of event particulars to pages that explain how each event type works. This helps Shuls and I get event pages up faster.
    • Equipment is now automatically translated... But the huge majority of names don't have translations, so there's "fix me" links on almost all character equipment. This is where I'd love to have the help of other translators. This feature will be used to make lists of equipment and also simplify creation of event pages and the event wares.

Now for the planned updates.
    • The stage data displaying template probably won't be ready for 3rd release of Nidhogg maze stages in two days from now. It's a really complicated function because of all the options it takes. The 1st and 2nd maze stages are in Lua already, but the 2nd one isn't actually displayed anywhere on the Wikia.
    • 6* Alstroemeria does not show up in the Other Characters list. This is a bug, but it's a bit of a complicated fix.
    • Wares are still almost 99% manually written.
    • There's still not enough groundwork done to make a "list of equipment". Part of this involves renaming all old equipment icons already on the Wikia.
    • A planned feature I wanted was a global stat-wise comparison of an individual character to all other characters. You can manually see this by sorting lists of characters by stats, but I would like to see this on individual character pages.
    • Another planned feature is a table of abilities. It would relate ability types and its percents/multipliers to all names of characters that own it. This is complicated because some characters change their abilities as they evolve/bloom/rarity grow, and I'm not sure how I want to store and represent that.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was a category for knights like the one's I mentioned (which aren't event girls), that were never introduced via an event.

For example, Black Baccara was never introduced via an event, while Dendrobium was introduced via Event 2.

Bipinna Cosmos was also never introduced via an event, while Chocolate Cosmos was introduced via Event 3.

Do you understand it now?

MAKE PESTS GREAT AGAIN!

Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @TribalNugget I think he undestood you perfectly, he said "By contrast, there's no merit to mentioning which 5/6*s were around since release." and his point was that when people go to the wikia and want to check wich knights they can get from gacha/events having a "not introduced via an event" category would just be confusing and unnecesary.