Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Rep
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    I've done a few minor overhauls to the Wikia layouts as follows:

• Removed the huge margins from the ability icons by wrapping the image with custom CSS instead of Wikia's built-in float property.
      • The margin will be re-added depending on their appearance. Currently the ability image border makes it looks slightly lean, as if they were arranged one pixel to the right after another.

• Implementation of datatable and typography-xl-optout CSS class.
      • datatable is used to adjust the experimental tables
      • typography-xl-optout is used to reduce the font sizes in character quotes.

• Implemented negative top margin to "fuse" multiple tables together.
    • Bloomed category is now automatically added to all Flower Knights with blooming stats. Their implementation date is still manually added however.

To do list:
    • Create a flower family Lua translation module (assuming Hydrokirby haven't beaten me to it)
    • Redo the story translation to be similar to Hydrokirby's story dialog section here.
    • Conversion of seasonal quotes to Lua. The ordinary quotes will remain as-is.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 10-12-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 Why'd you choose the names datatable and typography-xl-output anyways? I don't have a clue in the world what those CSS classes would be used for just looking at them.

I'll try to get to stuff... in time... Today, I was actually thinking of trying to make the bot update modules.

Rep
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroKirby View Post
    @LostLogia4 Why'd you choose the names datatable and typography-xl-output anyways? I don't have a clue in the world what those CSS classes would be used for just looking at them.
    "datatable" is a name I chose at a whim. Considering your concern for variable name conciseness, I might decide to name it as "responsive-infotable" instead.
    "typography-xl-optout" is already used in Kancolle Wikia. It was so-named as a CSS class that is used to opt-out of Desktop XL layout's enlarged typography. It's pretty self-explanatory as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroKirby View Post
    I'll try to get to stuff... in time... Today, I was actually thinking of trying to make the bot update modules.
    So the PyWikibot on NazunaBot is getting to the testing phase?

Last edited by LostLogia4; 10-12-2017 at 03:32 PM.

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 That name doesn't say anything more than the previous name... What is its purpose and what is it used for? These are what you should ask yourself when naming variables.

Technically, I've tried things with the bot in the past, but recently I've decided something. I kept trying to take that huge boilerplate script for a PyWikibot and forcing it to accept parameters in the code instead of being passed through the command line, but that kept failing for some unknown reason. Documentation is scarce for the script too. Instead, I hope to try making my simple script update all modules. If something breaks, I'll manually undo the change.

Rep
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby I'll keep that in mind. The naming conciseness can wee into YMMV sometimes, though.

For the story translation, it turns out that the extract_lines.py only works in Python 2. It's not impossible to convert it to Python 3 (in fact I spent an hour doing exactly that and come nearly close), but I've opted to make my own (partly-reverse engineered) script for that.

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4 You could just use Python 2 like everyone else... Just gimme awhile. I can make it work in both Python versions. It's not impossible to make scripts work in both 2 and 3; a lot of my scripts do because I'm familiar with both. In the meantime, please don't re-invent the wheel.

Rep
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    @HydroKirby Except that I already did. At least for my own goal, that is.

https://gist.github.com/LostLogia4/f...f7f0c291cb367b

The scripts also uses CSV to some extent as well, so I simply use .split() functions to separate them by commas.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 10-13-2017 at 01:15 PM.

IGN
    HydroKirby
    Rep
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    I connected the card sheets translator script to NazunaBot, so I can update the sheets just by double-clicking on a batch file on my desktop.
    Card Sheets

Oh, and I'd appreciate any help adding the pictures girls with tipster text in the event's Card Flip section. Sadly, the previous card flip event's page only got 3 of the 4 tipsters uploaded.

Finally, some more technical stuff. I've fixed the Python script that parsed masterData for the Wikia. The Japanese description of abilities was split off to its own section, so now I don't know how to re-connect base abilities to individual abilities for non-playable characters. It used to be simple because the bundled ability stored the base ability, all related info, and the description altogether irregardless of whether or not the ability was owned by a flower knight, synthesis mats, or enemies. Hence, I don't know what base ability 12 on the Ability Unit Tester does, although there's a very good chance it belongs to Aqua Shadow Higanbana or her "tails".