Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The Salt Shack.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher I like that recent post on reddit to try and promote tanking. Just adding very obvious and visual feedback that you are "tanking" will encourage players to do so. Like a number popup with a different formatting from damage when you take a ricochet.

Visual feedback can be very subliminal in directing player action.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    The only teammates I'm getting today are all magicians. I look up after less than 5 minutes and half to 3/4 of the team are magically gone.

Edit: These are the kind of teammates I'm getting.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 01-24-2017 at 09:13 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    I don't have salt moment, but I induced salt.

First game out in my Atago after two months of inactivity. Go into a coop match. Get six of eight possible kills. I'm not paying attention to the chat until a friendly north carolina starts shooting at me. Then I look at the chat. It's full of cries about me "kill stealing" after unloading full braces of torpedoes into enemy BBs. Friendly North Carolina chops off about 2/3rds of my HP. He whines some more. My response is "CRY MOAR, SCRUB," and he reports me after that.

First game ever being reported in coop for maximum team carry, and this is how i feel:

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It' s not that I like callin people bad players, but....
    A Zuiho player. On the winning team. Who managed to get a base XP of 2 points! (nope, didn't forget anything; it's two XP)

Signature by Fog

Rep
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    @Chia Maybe he DC'd or something lol

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Lieutenant
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So 5 tier X matches in my Zao, with my mate who is a very good player in his Gearing, we try to carry, we break our backs of terrible allies 5 times..... yea salt filled night.

IGN
    KradHunter
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    two words: FUCK RANKED!

Married to Nagato on August 19, 2015

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    It's been a long while since I posted here.

I love the Operation on its own merit. The PvE is fun.

But I hate just how much the game was designed around the ability of having a coordinated clan to play with. Managing anything above 0-2 stars with a full team of randoms is so frustrating it's ridiculous, and it makes me just so gods damn mad that at this rate, I can be playing the mode daily and constantly, and I'm still not going to be able to get the 10-point commander before it rotates to a new Operation because I just can't carry a team of deadweights hard enough myself.

Take this "win" for example:

I've had to step away from my preferred role of playing Ryuujou here because I can't count on anyone else to deal with the 3rd wave DDs before the breach. That said, I can't do it alone, and so over two days and nearly 24 hours of actual gameplay, I've only been part of a game that didn't breach once. That 6 ships suck was really 9, as two ships I did all the work on I left for the forts to finish, so I could start working on other ships, and the third I was killing when the mission "completed". Two allied DDs on the team this game. Both died on the second wave. One DD somehow got hit and killed by the AI Zuihou's torpedoes.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)