Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Salt Shack.

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)

The Salt Shack.

Since we don't have a generic megathread to use anymore, I thought it'd be ok to bring in a thread for players to basically do a little venting like they did before, if that's all right.

Everyone's had those games where someone or a group of someones make a dumb decision, and it ends up costing the game, or at least costing severely. Post your stress stories of your teammates (Or yourself. Be honest) doing stupid things, saying stupid things, or otherwise just being dumb.

I was just in a game at Hotspot capture points as Hiryuu, and half the team decided to give into tunnel vision bloodlust. Every ship that spawned on the right side of the map bar myself made a proper push, and killed off the enemies occupying the C Point. But instead of then capturing the point, pushing in to B with a flank, and generally assisting the team struggling on the A side (we captured it, but the enemy concentrated their BBs on that side), they instead thoguht it was a brilliant idea to sail right past and around the C point to charge the enemy backline with their sluggish BBs and one Nurnburg. Obviously, we lost that game by an 800 point spread, because while they were chasing (and not catching up to) the enemy CVs, their team was racking up points from owning B and C while their forces collapsed onto the smaller half of my team desperately trying to defend A. They never even got in range to shoot the enemy CVs because they obviously had a brain and moved to the left half of the map.

Just to add insult to injury, the game was a 4CV game, and the enemy Shoukaku had the T5 Cmd. Skill. Because the team on my side of the map was pushing in blindly, both the Shoukaku and Hiryuu focused all of their planes on my side, pretty much preventing me from doing anything since I can't fight four squads of fighters by myself, especially when two are buffed by AS. Got complaints about not helping them, but there was legitimately nothing I could do against those numbers, and I couldn't even play to the other side of the map because it had two Cleveland and an N.C. that my allied Shoukaku kept trying and failing to attack.

Last edited by Emerald Acid; 07-03-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)

Rep
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    You know how my posts are... This is my kind of thread! Woohoo!

A match earlier today of the classic Lemming Run that left 2 other ships and myself on one side of the map. You guys have played this game enough to know how Lemming Runs go. Vast majority of team goes one way, gets put into an abrupt halt by 1-2 ships while the other side with the fewest ships gets rolled. The Lemmings despite all their ships cannot go past the middle, lateral line and they lose 2 ships in the process. The few of us out west are kiting or trying to slow down the bigger enemy force. To my horror, I look and see a Farragut got through a middle run to attack our CV, sinking one. It just spiraled out into a big mess from there and was quite pitiful.

Of significant note on the whole "Strike vs Air Superiority" aspect of CVs, of which I've converted fully into "Strike > Air Superiority," the same match was notable for a 2 CV vs 2 CV affair, Tier VII and VI. Our CVs were Hiryu, Independence, both Fighter Spec. Despite the sheer amount of fighters they had up, I shook my head when the enemy RJ **STILL** sneaked in her entire Strike Air Group that hit our Hiryu real hard. That is the value of good Strike CVs. They still can get the airstrike in with savvy play even against Air Sup CVs.
    @Emerald Acid Situation awareness and tunnel vision is a killer, man. Normally with a somewhat evenly distributed team it's hard to get focused down like that by 2 CVs because they'd still have to fly over or near friendly ships to get to your CV. But when the team disposition is screwed up, your CV is in big danger to get overwhelmed like that.

In addition, with all these Kill oriented missions to get to Mikasa, I'm having a lot of trouble getting kills. I'm doing damage, winning my better portion of matches, but I kills for mission progress sucked for me today. And too bad the discounts don't count for Tier IX+ ships. I'd like to get Zao and possibly another ship or two. Especially Queen Flamethrower.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 07-03-2016 at 04:54 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Team was shite. I carried their asses with a 1.5k difference to the next guy on my team.

But they were all seals and I was using kamikaze again. Maybe they weren't that shite.

Short rants are nice once In awhile.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    @DLRevan You gotta let it out!

Anyways, just finished a match using Fuso. 4 kills, was #4 scorer for my team. It was looking real bleak, I was on weak side and next thing you know a handful of Cruisers and a Texas was chasing me. Thank goodness Fuso has decent speed to at least somewhat kite and keep me out of TX gun range while whittling down Cruisers.

Anyways, it was looking bad when I finally went down despite a pretty good showing. Disappointed but decided to keep watching. Next thing you know my team somehow made a comeback and started killing the enemy off in quick succession. It was one of those quick turnarounds where someone on the other team was complaining how the hell the they blew such a good lead. Hell, I watched and even I didn't know how the guys made that comeback.

Regardless if it was a win or loss, I got the kills needed to wrap up phase 2 for my quest to get Mikasa. Now working on Freedom: July 9th Argentina Mission, need 40 kills. This may take a while. Won 7/14 matches today, completed 2 phases towards Mikasa. Productive enough, time to call it a day while I'm ahead.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 07-03-2016 at 08:10 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Just when I thought "We need a thread like this", someone already opened it while I was away XD

So, I had this game on Solomon in Isjaslaw, starting north.
    By the time I reached the B cap, there was an enemy cruiser coming towards me. Set off my torps, then started shooting at him.
    Some hits, 1 fire, pretty average, but then my allied Derzki just decided to get in on the fight, sailing straight into my slow soviet tors, taking the 2 of them that could have hit that cruiser, sinking himself & getting me my first TK'ing

And another game, on Neighbours map, I witnessed our CV sending his fighters straight towards enemy base right at the start. When they spotted the enemy TB squads, I thought "nice anticipation, shoot them down fast"
    Nope, the squads passed each other at less than 1 km distance, by the time he ordered his fighters back the enemy CV was already in perfect Alpha Strike position.

Signature by Fog

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    I had Hotel game.

Enemy Hotel rams me.

I still open Games first. (forum)

DLRevan's rants in poor Haiku

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    Really getting annoyed how the enemy team always seems to be the team with Atlanta/Cleveland/Texas combos, whereas my team gets maybe one Cleveland. I just styled all over the enemy CV's planes, but I couldn't contribute anything against the actual surface ships because of the absurd AA spread everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Just edited the OP to give a bit more freedom to the thread. Maybe I should have called it The Salty Spitoon like I originally planned...

~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Acid View Post
    Just edited the OP to give a bit more freedom to the thread. Maybe I should have called it The Salty Spitoon like I originally planned...
    Wouldn't people usually brag in the Screenshots thread, to make their stories more believable ?
    Because I can always say I citadeled to death an Iowa with a New Orleans...

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I suppose. I was just thinking about it since I wanted to post a brag, but I didn't take a screenshot because it didn't tell the story; I took a video replay instead.

I'll go ahead and remove the edit, then. Hopefully nobody will complain about the fact that videos aren't screenshots.

- - - Updated - - -

A Fusou shot down two of my three Saipan Bombers while on approach.

Wtf RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the feeling that I'm the only one playing this evening, with all my consecutive posts.

Just had a game where we were up 300 points and had a triple cap. Team proceeds to throw the game away because all the allied BBs were being coward backliners and let the enemy triple cap back.

Last edited by Emerald Acid; 07-03-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    ~

Rep
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid BFT+AFT+Manual AA trait on that Fuso, callin' it! I've seen people build AA ships out of stuff that typically is mediocre.

"Haze Grey & Underway"