Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8287 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher Also her tissue paper armor that will get citadeled by a sneeze from a DD.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)

Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid In Perth's tier range, the only Cruiser as stealthy as her is OPAF Belfast, and she's Tier VII. Perth is one of those Cruisers that's easy to keep out of sight unless the player's stupid, and if a DD wants to creep close to Perth, they have to contend with catapult fighters, hydro, on top of her creeping smoke. You can torp, that's all the DD can do, but that's why she's got Hydro.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow look so interesting!
    thank you guys so much for sharing such good information :))

Rep
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Some news coming from an event in Russia and translated by a Redditor:
    1. Developers don't like the disbalance between IJN and USN CVs - one of the possible solutions is to rebalance all setups and add AP bombs an an alternative for USN, which will ravage straight-sailing BBs and overpenetrate anything without an armored deck.
    2. There was a complaint about the balancer not balancing sub-classes equally - e.g. one side can have 2 Grozovois, balanced by the other side having 2 Khabarovsks (instead of both having one of each); since they are different sub-classes (DD and DL), this is imperfect, and the balancer should account for sub-class as well. The devs answer that this is too complicated and it's not good to overload the balancer.
    3. No premiums ships higher than T8 are currently in development.
    4. The first versions of the tech trees aren't perfect, shit happens. Replacing/reshuffling ships inside the branches, as happened with VMF and IJN DDs, is a lot of work that few people need - those who finished them already don't tend to replay it, and there aren't many new players - so the only planned change to existing branches is the USN cruiser fix.
    5. La Galissonnière will be buffed, probably in the same patch when De Grasse is released.
    6. New Orleans is doing fine thanks to its concealment, Baltimore will be looked at, but overall these aren't AA cruisers anymore, since there are many new branches and the old roles don't work. Play them as support.
    7. Epicenter as a mode is fine, Epicenter on "Tears of the Desert" is not fine, the devs want to do something about it.
    8. There aren't many CVs on high tier battles - after the changes to credit calculation, the dispersion of the credit gain became smaller (i.e. noobs lose less but unicums earn less, too), the unicums noticed it and started whining - but now the devs changed it again, they're still observing and want to do something about it.
    9. Something that would allow clans to play together is being developed - NOT team battles.
    10. There were too many signals from containers, they don't want to balance ships for them and to inflate signals' worth, so they had to cut the amount of signals that you get from containers.
    11. Cool flags in various regions are thanks to the regions' event departments.
    12. The UI department is overloaded with work, so they can't do everything on time.
    13. The devs don't like the smoke timer, it'll be replaced.
    14. Premium ships are meant to be historically accurate regarding the ship's looks in a certain period of time; tech tree ships can be a mishmash of different sisterships and it's ok.
    15. A new training mode was made, it's displayed as a special offer to 50% of the newbies. Later, the devs will check its statistics and decide whether to expand it or cancel it.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3775 Post(s)
    > No premium T8 in development
    Rip HSF Musashi

> Baltimore not AA cruiser any more ? Blame powercreep. Why does Hipster have better AA than Baltimore ? (Although to be fair AA Balti is still a good AA platform)

> LG buffs: yay, I'll probably start grinding the French tree.

Also, a little something that may (or may not) make @Mobius drool, the first pic of Jean Bart's WoWS model:
    [+] Spoiler

in its 1942 configuration.

- - - Updated - - -

More news:
    https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/05...st-may-2017-2/

A new Russian BB will be unveiled on June 5th, and it seems Nikolai doesn't exist, since the new one shall be the first.
    It's fairly well known, will be in its 1944 configuration, and its name is has two words. So, Gangut/Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya coming to WoWS after KC, or simply Royal Sovereign/Arkhangelsk ? The latter would mean there'll probably be a Revenge-class BB in the Brit tree.

A Polish tree will be showcased in June, with t7-10 ships shown.

Another FreeXP ship will be announced soon.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Those informations are partly (or completely) incorrect. Sub_Octavian has said on Reddit that there's no Polish line coming:
    Polish line in June then? Good to know, this information is very valuable to me as WoWs developer :)
    Seriously though, I think the translation and / or interpretation is wrong.
    Let me help you with this.
    What was said:

1. More Polish ships are possible - true.
    2. SOME line will probably be announced in June, with tiers 7-10 images - true.

That's it. Don't link it:)
    Cheers.
    As for Jean Bart, here's what I said in that thread:
    As much as #Iwanttobelieve, that seems to be a bit of a stretch to assume this from the video. Having a model of Jean Bart in her incomplete state for illustrative purpose is not really a proof of anything.
    Hell, I'm not even sure it's Jean Bart. The bridge looks more like Richelieu's than Jean Bart's if anything.

And I doubt we'll see Revenge-class in the tech tree since they were essentially a worse version of the Queen Elizabeth-class.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3775 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    Do you really want to deprive the Russian Navy of one of its rare real Battleships ? To the gulag with you, comrade!

About Jean Bart, I was mostly trolling you ;)
    That said, someone knowledgeable might have already told you that until 1946, Richelieu and Jean Bart very much looked alike, as if they were sister ships at different stages of completion. Here is how Jean Bart looked like that fateful November 1942 morning:

Jean Bart's bridge was modified when completed between 1946 and 1949.

And this is her final form (and how I want her to be in game):

Rep
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I said in the tech tree so it doesn't include premiums. Sorry, you won't be getting rid of me this time

And I checked in John Jordan's book and it seems like you are indeed correct. Didn't know they had the same bridge initially.

Then again, WG doesn't usually model different bridges for sister-ships. Remember Kongou, who has Hiei's bridge?
    Ships in the tech tree are meant to represent a ship class, which is why you can have different ships IRL serving as a single ship in game (Kongou and Hiei, Missouri is the stock hull of Iowa, I think C hull Mogami is actually Suzuya, etc...). Premiums however are meant to represent a single ship so they usually get unique models.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3775 Post(s)

Heart of Oak intensifies ??

Is that really a Brit BB, with 4 twin 457mm guns and radar ??
    Are these the T7-10 ships which release was teased a few days ago ?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)

Last edited by Mobius; 06-05-2017 at 04:37 PM.