Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,075 of 1075
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    That map indicator for where your guns are pointing is ridiculous. I know a mod exists for it but I never used it.

WG can say what they want about it not really affecting gameplay but it does. I have quite a few examples now, one of which I recorded but can't post yet because its using a....certain ST test ship which-is-not-a-battleship.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    Yeah, it definitely does. Especially for firing into smoke or over land with scout on invisible ships.

The unimplemented indicator, the one that shows how much angling the target is, is what I loved to use before I got too lazy to reinstall the mods for every update. That literally informs you whether you need to aim higher or lower at a straight lining target that is seemingly perpendicular, since 1 degree off perpendicular does have an effect on straight water ling aiming at long distances.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    I got used to studying the map icon for the angle. I'm on a 1440p monitor, and I've blown up the mini-map to quite a good size. I've gotten pretty good at reading even minor offsets on the icons, you wouldn't be able to describe it but your gut can tell the more you play.

Which rolls nicely into abusing using the new shot placement indicator. It hasn't been long since its been implemented. But I'm starting to reach the point that I can eyeball a decent enough shot on a visible ship whose hull I'm decently familiar with from just the mini-map. Shooting into smoke or over islands for ships based on their last known position marker isn't much more compared to that. If you're good enough, literally the only thing stopping you from getting the same results as usual is whatever extra dispersion you get from firing blind. Which frankly, while noticeable, isn't much for some ships especially. Like Yamato or the ship I mentioned I was using which is totally-absolutely-not-a-battleship.

Last edited by DLRevan; 08-04-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    After reading "Puka Puka" fleet manga introduction found some url and translated version:
    News https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/pukapuka-fleet/
    Transladed manga (in a forum): https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/t...fleet-comic33/