Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1083
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    That map indicator for where your guns are pointing is ridiculous. I know a mod exists for it but I never used it.

WG can say what they want about it not really affecting gameplay but it does. I have quite a few examples now, one of which I recorded but can't post yet because its using a....certain ST test ship which-is-not-a-battleship.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2449 Post(s)
    Yeah, it definitely does. Especially for firing into smoke or over land with scout on invisible ships.

The unimplemented indicator, the one that shows how much angling the target is, is what I loved to use before I got too lazy to reinstall the mods for every update. That literally informs you whether you need to aim higher or lower at a straight lining target that is seemingly perpendicular, since 1 degree off perpendicular does have an effect on straight water ling aiming at long distances.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    I got used to studying the map icon for the angle. I'm on a 1440p monitor, and I've blown up the mini-map to quite a good size. I've gotten pretty good at reading even minor offsets on the icons, you wouldn't be able to describe it but your gut can tell the more you play.

Which rolls nicely into abusing using the new shot placement indicator. It hasn't been long since its been implemented. But I'm starting to reach the point that I can eyeball a decent enough shot on a visible ship whose hull I'm decently familiar with from just the mini-map. Shooting into smoke or over islands for ships based on their last known position marker isn't much more compared to that. If you're good enough, literally the only thing stopping you from getting the same results as usual is whatever extra dispersion you get from firing blind. Which frankly, while noticeable, isn't much for some ships especially. Like Yamato or the ship I mentioned I was using which is totally-absolutely-not-a-battleship.

Last edited by DLRevan; 08-04-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    After reading "Puka Puka" fleet manga introduction found some url and translated version:
    News https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/pukapuka-fleet/
    Transladed manga (in a forum): https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/t...fleet-comic33/

Rep
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Aug. 23 Update 0.7.8.

Stalingrad will come in cost of steel. In latest "news" or forum info the ship not in line with other t10 in balance aspect... And the new ranked season is T8 and T10.
    Player with "this balanced russian ship" will likely farm end-ranked and T10 randoms too. Feels like a poor peasant when try to play any t8 than entered t10 aprox 80% and farmed by "monsters" like this (and others).
    As Kronshtadt owner has experience how capable can be the Stalingrad... Somtimes I blink confused when broadsided Hindentroll east citadel hits from russian 30,5 AP, and this not very rare. In other high lvl bb is hard to achieve this. The Kronshtadt is very manoverable with double rudder mod, not like a t8-t10BBs. Detection is bad but use wasd can reduce heavily incoming dmg at long-med range. Vulnerable HE spam too not like Stalingrad. Stalingrad has enhanced guns compared with Kronshtadt...

Stalingrad "most selling" points:
    - 50 mm deck armor.
    - Got both (!) HE and US CA AP normalisation.
    - Very high sigma and Krup value.

Bad things:
    Armor belt is weaker than Kronshtadt? Can't see the exact number until now.
    Concealment is very bad.

Rep
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    As the current ranked season up and running the random match pairing feels quite different:
    T8 and T10 ships are occupied in ranking. T9 played for silver grind. -> T7 ships grabed T9 to fill teams.
    Tested a bit:
    T7 (Nagto and Schanhorst) BBs ended uptiered ALL the times as BBs is the most popular in ranked and has some defficit except T9.
    T7 cruisers are not effected that much as cruisers are not popular in ranked. CVs there are too (not in ranked) and can wreck an uptiered T7 with little effort.
    T9 cruisers can be top tier more than before ranking but that is not an easy life with abudance of MO&Mushi.

I wonder what is the next free XP ship: Jean Bart(BB), Bourgogne (BB) or Alaska (BC)? BBs overpuplated again.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2449 Post(s)
    CV rework preview:

ROCKETS!!! High fire chance, low penetration and numerous rockets per plane. So decent damage and hit rate on DDs but shatters on non-superstructure of BBs and maybe even CAs.

The 3 drops per attack so up to 3 attacks with 9 planes seems to make this more focus on withering large HP targets than big alpha strikes.

Also, lol @ fighters being a consumable and infinite number of planes.

I do wonder since 1 CV player only can control 1 squadron, I wonder if they'll allow 2 or more CVs per side.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    You'll probably have to wait pretty long to see it. I was slated to test, but in the short time its been up for testing its been pulled. I won't say how long, but you probably get the idea.

Which sucks because I've lost a lot of motivation to play this game. All I see are Worcesters and her mad sisters. There are far more cruisers than any other ship, and far more US cruisers than any other at that. And the result is everyone just hides at the back. Cruisers, destroyers, battleships, whatever. I don't blame them, how can they even move without a coordinated team?

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    From 7.9:

Ships for Doubloons
    In the game client, the following ships are now available for purchase using Doubloons: Duke of York, Arizona, Katori, Asashio, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, De Grasse, Duca d'Aosta, Huanghe.

>>> Asashio <<< Yes, Yes we need more TROLLpedo.
    Asashio.jpg

I have some feeling, if UK dds will apear, the only "recomended" ship for high tier will be gunboat dds, radar cruisers (WARchester or similar with fast ROF) and maybe CVs.

Last edited by hidahos; 09-19-2018 at 09:25 AM.