Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Newly Registered
    IGN
    FKG #258562552
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Question Best Threads/Sites to Come Up To Speed?

Howdy,

I haven't played in a couple years, but I've finally hit the point my wandering ways into gatcha games and Azur Lane have surpassed my level old RNG intake. So I'm definitely looking at coming back to KC for a while. I know I've missed a bunch of events and likely even this year's New Years event stuff, and that my fleet is likely so far behind in girls and gear that I'll have to play on easy mode for all of 2020.

That said, what would be the recommended threads and/or sites to best come up to speed on changes to the game mechanics and what the "new normal" is in terms of...about everything I guess?

So yeah, this isn't a "should I come back" post but a "how best to come back" one. Any response here or via PM would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5673 Post(s)
    Reading the previous patchnote in either of the wiki probably is the quickest.

Big changes in the past few years I can think of right now include LBAS, opening ASW, ASW cap raised to 150, CV cutin, Night CV, Special attack (for Nelson, Nagato and Colorado), Ise class k2 (BB that can carry carrier fighter), friend fleet (NPC).

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Newly Registered
    IGN
    FKG #258562552
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks @211303. I didn't even think about the patch notes!

It also appears they reset map progress at some point and I have to reopen everything again. Hopefully there are some new graphics or something to go along with that.

Lieutenant
    IGN
    Shadowfury
    Server
    Truk Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @Bedlam Yeah they changed from Flash to HTML5, so the game runs at a higher resolution and 60fps now. I'd reread the map guides as you play through the maps again, many of them have changed