Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Webmaster, Guardian Gensui Hime's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Never? I mean
    Just look at the RN

Systems Administrator, Webmaster
    Distinguished Fleet Admiral since 2013

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    @Gensui Hime
    Don't be so negative. The Royal Navy cruiser branch is slated to make its debut soon™. And with the branch power creep, they'll rekt everything.

I hope.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Another ship which is probably going to get screwed hard is Izumo. I can easily imagine Fred being a better BB in numerous ways.

@Keyan_TTK The Italian navy? Too busy skinny dipping after emptying Pola's whine storage.

As for the RN, at this rate I'm starting to have some doubt that we'll see their cruiser line this year. German BBs were supposed to come out around Gamescom, and now they've been postponned to sometime in september. We never even had a timeframe for the RN cruiser line besides "this year", so it's not looking too promising.

And I didn't create the bingo :p

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    @Keyan_TTK The Italian navy? Too busy skinny dipping after emptying Pola's whine storage.
    Here's an interesting lapsus. ^^

As for the RN, at this rate I'm starting to have some doubt that we'll see their cruiser line this year. German BBs were supposed to come out around Gamescom, and now they've been postponned to sometime in september. We never even had a timeframe for the RN cruiser line besides "this year", so it's not looking too promising.

And I didn't create the bingo :p
    The German BB is not that far away, tbh. With WG's update pace [how many weeks between the last three updates ??], and seeing some Prem BBs being tested by the supertesters, I think it's safe it's gonna be out for August, September at the very last.

And by "your Bingo", I meant obviously "the Bingo you posted", you grammar Nazi.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    @Mobius Thats why I said the new types were fairly well balanced, meaning NC and higher.

And yes, I recognize those strengths of nagato, but my point is she is 'merely' the ideal model of BB. Kind of average in everything, and as a result she's actually better than Colorado, and quite good tier for tier versus other BBs.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post
    Here's an interesting lapsus. ^^
    Oh man I completely missed that one haha. Gonna leave it like this for posterity.

The German BB is not that far away, tbh. With WG's update pace [how many weeks between the last three updates ??], and seeing some Prem BBs being tested by the supertesters, I think it's safe it's gonna be out for August, September at the very last.

And by "your Bingo", I meant obviously "the Bingo you posted", you grammar Nazi.
    Well they said that 0.5.9 will add them for the ST, and they will be released to the public in 0.5.10. Assuming at least one month between each major release (might be more depending on the feedback from the ST), we're looking at mid september for the German BBs, maybe later.

And I wasn't trying to be a grammar nazi, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being credited for someone else's work :p

@DLRevan Problem is that where Nagato is kind of average in everything, Gneisenau seems strong in just about everything.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Webmaster, Guardian Gensui Hime's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    German BBs are slated for release to public next update (0.5.9) and every large update is about 3 to 4 weeks apart so expecting them soon.
    http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/c...eships-teaser/
    least thats what I heard
    @DLRevan Problem is that where Nagato is kind of average in everything, Gneisenau seems strong in just about everything.
    Nagato's secondaries are ridiculous and is the only reason you'd drive it around imo.

Systems Administrator, Webmaster
    Distinguished Fleet Admiral since 2013

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    @Gensui Hime Nagato with a concealment build does as well, if not better. Her secondaries are good certainly, but use of them is limited. She is definitely by no means defined by those and is probably one of the best BB by tier regardless. Weirdly, because of her 'average-ness'.
    @Mobius Does have 2 less guns, rather inferior ones at that. We'll see.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    @Gensui Hime
    -If everything goes okay, German battleships will hit the ST in patch 5.9 and release in patch 5.10.
    Source

And yes, Nagato has excellent secondaries, she's not average everywhere. But again, German BBs will also have good secondaries (better than IJN ones in fact, because German secondaries will shoot HE instead of AP, as opposed to IJN's 140/152/155mm secondaries), with Bismarck's secondaries having 7km base range. Higher tiers will have similar range or maybe even better. So once again, it seems like they get the best of both worlds with little drawbacks.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    If with Gneisenau WG is trying to pull a Myogi (as Gneisenau is to Bisko what Myogi is to Kongou), I'd like to remind that Myogi's gun arrangement was bad, and her belt armour wasn't extraordinary. Gneisenau will be able to use four of her six guns while bow-on, her AA power rivals Atlanta's and her secondaries is a good deterrent to enterprising destroyers.