Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)

Mods and skins spotlight

With mods and skins being a big part of the WoWs experience for the more passionate players, I figured it would be a good idea to show off some mods or skins which may not available in Aslain's famous modpack.

Tanz's historical and fictional skins:
    Sample of his work:

Musashi (for Yamato)

Takao (for Atago)

Yuubari

Hipper

Tirpitz

Iowa

Benson

Wyvern's historical skins:
    Sample of his work:

Kiso (for Kuma)

Warspite

Blyskawica

Zuikaku (for Shoukaku)

Adella Yukikaze's rust free skins:
    Sample of her work:

Hiei (for Kongou)

Nagato

Amagi

Yamato's rust free skins:
    Sample of his work:

Shimakaze

Izumo

Secession's historical skins:
    Sample of his work:

Blyskawica

Murmansk (with historically accurate colors)

Misato's rust free skins:
    Sample of his work:

Izumo

Montana

AwoLFreedom's rust free skins:
    Sample of his work:

Gearing

Kiev

Last edited by Mobius; 07-08-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8275 Post(s)
    Latest Aslain modpack doesn't have either of the KanColle appearance packs =c.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (7/31)

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid check here. Looks like they haven't updated for 0.5.8 yet, but the 0.5.7 ones should still work

Quote Originally Posted by iPe7eR View Post
    >Implying every place on the internet isn't infested with tumblrfags.

https://asia.warships.today/signature/2008227745/light.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Wawan25's Camouflage Unique mod:
    Now this guy's mod is a bit special. You know how each camo type (let's say type 5) will look different between nations, but look the same on every ship of that nation no matter the class or the ship?
    Well, this guy is creating a unique camo for every camo type for every ship in the game
    For instance, here are three IJN BBs in type 5 camo:

A few IJN cruisers, again in type 5

Notice how despite being the same nation, the same tiers and the same camo type, each camo is unique to the ship it's applied to.

He's not just doing it for Japanese ships either:

And not just type 5 either

He updates his mod pretty frequently, with the most recent version usually found on his blog.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    [PORT] Lights of New York
    by GoldPile

- - - Updated - - -

There is one bad thing about how WoWS has common parts with common textures, is that there can be gaps in ship coverage by modders. Tanz for example has a wide array of great ship skins. But subjects he doesn't cover or you don't adopt for whatever reason, will likely look awkward in some of the ships. He doesn't have Sims, for example but he does have Benson. The problem is those 2 ships share the same turrets, textures, so if I'm using Tanz's Benson, Sims will look screwed up. OTOH, someone else has Sims but I can't use it because the textures will conflict with Benson's.

I really wish the ships each had their own set of textures.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher I agree with you, but I doubt it will ever happen. This is probably a VRAM saving measure for potato PCs, so I can't see them changing that anytime soon.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    844 Post(s)
    Complete ARP voice mod now using WoW's own built-in voice switcher.

The mod now includes all ARP voices present in WoWs even if you don't have them yet. This also includes Tsundere Heavy Cruiser and Gunzou.

@Mobius VRAM is not affected by that, but RAM is. That being said, it is a trivial amount unless you had to load all ships in one game for some reason. Rather its a common practice to save on install space. WoWs could take up more space than does now if not for the sharing of texture assets. It might not matter for one ship, but when you consider that almost every ship has shared textures and meshes with something else when you include things like AA guns or rangefinders, it's very significant savings.

An easy solution is to arrange texture mod overrides by directory like how sound mods work now, and allow modders to override textures for specific ships.

Last edited by DLRevan; 07-12-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tanz has posted a preview of his German BBs skins

Bayern

Gneisenau

Scharnhorst

Bismarck

Freddy

Sausage

Rep
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    @Mobius

Bismarck and Scharnhorst look so sexy. And damn you for making more anxious for their release.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    @HydraGoliath Yeah, Scharnhorst camo is damn sexy. Not too fond of the color choice for the tier 9 though, but then again Germany did use green IRL on Tirpitz

Unrelated, but Wawan has updated his mod to 0.5.9 and has added some new camouflages: