Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Petition to remove the IRC emulator threads from the new posts section on the front page. It becomes seriously unusable with the amount of retardation those emulator threads spawn.

Fou ki ra hyear presia reen was zweie ra na stel yorra zuieg manaf ma zweie ra irs manaf chyet oz omnis.
    <Murasame> no more swimsuits ;_;
    <Patches> Yep. Put your tits back in your shirt, Murasame.
    English KCV FAQ

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2340 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chronomeister View Post
    I was just short of taking out the GCT spam from the sidebox and there's even an option to remove it completely. However, I stopped short when I realized that one people complaining about an issue on the internet does not mean general consensus on the issue. I only know now that one person does not like seeing GCT posts in there but I have no idea how many people agree with this and how many are opposed. If more info is gather on who likes it and who doesnt (and how many dont care) then more action can be taken.
    I still have only one vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

Rep
    Mentioned
    1529 Post(s)
    Hi. I have a pretty good idea of what you are referring to(and frankly I am not opposed to that suggestion), but just to make sure that we communicate clearly I am not willing to take chances and make assumptions.

I think as the person making the suggesting it is your obligation to make the request clear and unambiguous so that it can be worked on.

Just so that we have it on record, I would suggest you to make the recommendation again by editing out the age-inappropriate sarcasm and hyperbole in your title/post and clearly state what your suggestion is so that the others reading this thread can consider your suggestion even if they are not in the mood for childish wordplay.

Thank you.

Last edited by Kalinsre; 07-28-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure my original thread provides enough information on this. I am not sure why the New Posts box shows multiple posts for the same thread instead of just one link per each bumped thread. This leads to aforementioned New Posts box being completely occupied by The Very Best Content This Forum Has To Offer, namely the General Chat Thread posts. However it seems I'm the only person on the forums who would like to also see other bumped threads in said box, therefore I rescind this suggestion.

Fou ki ra hyear presia reen was zweie ra na stel yorra zuieg manaf ma zweie ra irs manaf chyet oz omnis.
    English KCV FAQ

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2340 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuubari View Post
    I am not sure why the New Posts box shows multiple posts for the same thread instead of just one link per each bumped thread.
    Because that's the way vBulletin programmed it. Unfortunately, none of the builtin settings allows me to only limit to only one post per thread. Go complain to vBulletin about that.

Actually had this been your original request I'd be more open to this than to completely suppress a popular thread because of one user. I might look into this since it is much more reasonable that your "Get rid of this thread" request.

Edit: and 2 minutes into looking I find the forum threads block. Kinda what you are looking for but doesnt display the text of the latest post nor a link to it. Should I continue or is this good enough?

Last edited by chronomeister; 07-28-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

Rep
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Thanks, this will do fine.

English KCV FAQ

Rep
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Update: that box does not have a way to go to unread posts…

English KCV FAQ