Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Virgin

Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Ace Virgin

Official site: http://acg.163.com/

Another "Kancolle clone" mobile game made by the Chinese!

This time is about the moe anthropomorphism combat aircraft from World War II to the modern era.

The game system is very much like KC. I'm expecting you are going to say "Oh no, the Chinese did it again!"

Well, you can consider this is a "healthy" version of the "Kuusen Otome Skyvalkyries X" (Formerly called Virgin Strike).

For me, the game is not too bad, the game flow is quite smooth. The only thing I hate is the Chinese voice...

It's available for both Android and iOS. You can register the game account by your Chinese mobile phone number, Weibo account or 163.com email account.

Please tell me what you think about it if you are playing or played it.

Last edited by Moeflyer; 09-08-2016 at 04:19 AM.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is a great game to play while I'm playing StockColle, er I mean Kancolle. Thankfully, you can use your number instead of a Chinese number when making an account at 163.com.

Been playing for an hour, but my first impressions. (Note: I refer the girls to AVs, which stands for Ace Virgins)
    *Retreat and Go! buttons are in English, yay!
    *AV's hp is restored upon going back to base, so no docking required?
    *Daily login rewards, 7th day gives a 4* AV, H-6
    *First copy of AVs are automatically heart-locked for us
    *When selecting maps, ticking orange box on lower right corner shows us the AVs that we haven't found yet on those maps
    *You can custom change your AV's name for free!!

Some other tidbit I noticed:
    *Green square thingies are required to construct AVs
    *There might be quests to explore all nodes on maps... ew.
    *There's currently 96 AVs, and we get 50 slots
    *Expeditions are unlocked at HQ Lv 6.
    *I THINK we can get a free 5* AV from 3 choices at Lv 25 when clicking on the sparkling girl's face on main screen. Not sure.

My favorite drop so far, whom I renamed to Miku: http://i.imgur.com/JboaXKE.jpg
    Only thing I'm wondering so far about is J-7 campaign or something... How to get her? http://i.imgur.com/6ay88CI.jpg

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The battle system is a clone of the Kancolle, that's why I don't like this game.It's fine if this game launched one or two years ago,but for the time now,there is 【Warship Girls】 and 【Girls Frontline】in China with a better battle UI,not just some squares hitting each other.But if you are OK with that,then this game doesn't look that bad.

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic12507_2.gif

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Funny that you mentioned Warship Girls, because it felt like the devs played it, listed down the cons, and then tried to fix them or made them better. That's what Ace Virgins feels like. Warship Girls was alright, but I was really turned off by some of the terrible artwork they did for the IJN ships, modernizing your ships requires like 100+ fodders, and I think there was no resource regen (can't remember the last one since I quit a long time ago).

Girls Frontline seems interesting. Mostly the JP voices and the gun personification thing drew me in. I'll be sure to check it out later.

Back to Ace Virgins. This is more of a casual clone of KanColle. There is no permadeath, many daily login rewards, nice artwork, Chinese voices is ok, and it doesn't take too much of a toll on my CPU compared to WG. OP didn't mention a preview of the artwork, so here's a link to some of the girls and their damaged form (NSFW): http://acg.163.com/news/official/201...95_616081.html

Anyways, I'm Lv 26 now and noted down some new things to share:
    *You can't modernize your girls, but you can for the weapons.
    *Your girl slots increases by 1 every certain level. Base is 50, but I have 64 slots at Lv 26.
    *At HQ level 25, you can choose from a choice of three 5* girls. I chose the pink haired girl because I wanted to test out what her class does. I regretted later... Her class is like a CVL in KanColle.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @Nanodeath well you can use weapons as materials to modernize your weapon, for girls that's a different way. In Development you can retire your girls to acquire chips,and use chips to modernize your girls. Make sure you do so,this will greatly increase your girls status. The chance to mordernize is based on your girl's level.
    The three girls from 25,they are all very powerful,you just need to modernize them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And about Warship Girls,I don't know if we are talking the same thing or there might be some misunderstanding.There's a lot of things happen last year,the devs team and the distribute team split up and they run the game server separately. The game changes a lot in the dev side and last week the server from distribute side closed. But there's two things i'm curious about.
    1、I admit there are some ship's art is not good enough,but I think the IJN ships' art are fine.so I don't think which ship's art you are talking about,can you make that specific?
    2、There's a limit of your resource based on you HQ level,If your resource reach the limit,then they won't regen.

here's some IJN ships' art I love, from left to right Mutsu、Nagato、Shimakaze、Maya、Takao、Kongo,

- - - Updated - - -

Back to topic,I checked all the art of Ace Virgin,I think I will give it 6.5-7/10 (Warhips Girls 8.5/10 Girls'Froneline 9/10)
    There are some fine arts that are adorable,but there are some terrible arts too.
    Here I pick some girls I like from my inventory.

Miss Zero,I use the formula 330 330 230.

Sister Su, formula 450 150 210.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    To be more specific, I'm just not fond of seeing some of my favorite ships dressed like skanks. Take Akatsuki for example. She's even more revealing than Shimakaze. About the internal conflict, that's the first I've heard about it. Don't have any motivation to come back to it though.

Ah, so you can modernize the girls... I mistaken that button for equipping weapons. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Anyways, how far are you in the game? I'm currently stuck at 3-1 as the enemies keep wrecking my fleet using Lv 20+. Right now, I'm just grinding at 2-1, which has proven to be a real chore as of now since leveling is soo slow starting at 20+. This is the only 2nd Chinese mobile game I've played, are they all like that?

Last edited by Nanodeath; 09-10-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanodeath View Post
    To be more specific, I'm just not fond of seeing some of my favorite ships dressed like skanks. Take Akatsuki for example. She's even more revealing than Shimakaze. About the internal conflict, that's the first I've heard about it. Don't have any motivation to come back to it though.

Ah, so you can modernize the girls... I mistaken that button for equipping weapons. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Anyways, how far are you in the game? I'm currently stuck at 3-1 as the enemies keep wrecking my fleet using Lv 20+. Right now, I'm just grinding at 2-1, which has proven to be a real chore as of now since leveling is soo slow starting at 20+. This is the only 2nd Chinese mobile game I've played, are they all like that?
    my HQ level is 26 and I'm stuck at 3-6,grinding at 2-7.Leveling is too slow,too.But today there's special campaign that give you a lot of experience,make sure to check out.
    By the way,J-7 is the reward for your first charge in the game,with 1000 resources each.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm actually really liking this game. Granted the UI is not that great

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDrop View Post
    my HQ level is 26 and I'm stuck at 3-6,grinding at 2-7.Leveling is too slow,too.But today there's special campaign that give you a lot of experience,make sure to check out.
    By the way,J-7 is the reward for your first charge in the game´╝îwith 1000 resources each.
    Oh nice. thanks for the heads up about the campaign. So, my hunch about J-7 being a reward for charging was right. Oh well.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanodeath View Post
    Oh nice. thanks for the heads up about the campaign. So, my hunch about J-7 being a reward for charging was right. Oh well.

well,It starts now,the first special campaign give you experience,the second one give you chips to modernize girls,the third one give you weapons materials.You got 3 times to challenge for each one.