Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

[Warship Girls] Autumn 2016 Event

Okay my fellow admirals! Stop grinding for panties already and stock up your resources! It's because THE ENEMIES ARE PLANNING FOR THE REVENGE for you plundered their undies...

Larger image: http://imgur.com/a/QUFqk

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hmm good thing I already stock up a lot of resources before that already.
    Though it would be new to us - we are too aggressive while the Abyssals are too passive
    Let's see how we should fight this time.

Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Let me explain this event.

This is a defensive battle, not an offensive operation (not like the ordinary game). The thing you will do is to send a fleet to defend 4 naval stations.

Therefore, the shipgirls you assigned to defend those ports will be LOCKED and SHIP CLASS SPECIFIC,

and you cannot assign them to do any repairs, equipment changes, expeditions and normal missions. And the supplies are rationed. (Sounds familiar?)

(Yeah, I'm feeling regretted for being too eccentric to BB and CV , many DD's/CL's/CA's/SS's levels are terribly low)

Recon is the key to success, if you want to take initiative, you have to get a good grasp on the intel about the enemy fleet formations.

Also, you must defeat the whole enemy combined fleet which invading the port will count as a success.

This time you can invite a FRIENDLY FLEET to help you defend the ports!

However, they cannot be supplied and you can only CALL THEM ONCE.

Also, you can't call them to reinforce you if there is/are any critically damaged shipgirls in the friendly fleet.

That's all. Any questions or something I need to make clear?

Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    how the hell do we get new ships if our fleets can't leave the base?

also its pretty much a big middle finger to the players not allowing us to repair ships that we sent to defend the bases.

Honestly I think i'll pass on this event

Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggyz View Post
    how the hell do we get new ships if our fleets can't leave the base?

also its pretty much a big middle finger to the players not allowing us to repair ships that we sent to defend the bases.

Honestly I think i'll pass on this event
    Oh, I forgot to tell you, this event has no new ships for you to grind!

So it won't make those African admirals feel bad from this.

Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    so what do we get from this event. Because it seems really stupid if MF gives an event but no rewards

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So basiclly they change the gameplay from Random RNG into RTS game than? Nice try MF. Challange accepted. I put my SC2 honor in my line.
    I can't wait for deep explain for this.
    Less salt than i expected.
    Wow.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Tiggyz

4 maps, 4 rewards: 5-star fighter plane (+12 AA), CVL Ryujo, 5 or 6-star bomber, CA-68 Baltimore. The grand prize doesn't seem that impressive but stat-wise Baltimore is arguably one of the best CAs during WW2.

Rumors are that this defensive "event" is a starter, as once the defensive phase is over there will be a counterattack with other rewards (people speculate there will be Iowa class BB Missouri). Of course these are just speculations, as the counterattack might take place a couple of months later.

Rep
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dene323 View Post
    @Tiggyz

4 maps, 4 rewards: 5-star fighter plane (+12 AA), CVL Ryujo, 5 or 6-star bomber, CA-68 Baltimore. The grand prize doesn't seem that impressive but stat-wise Baltimore is arguably one of the best CAs during WW2.

Rumors are that this defensive "event" is a starter, as once the defensive phase is over there will be a counterattack with other rewards (people speculate there will be Iowa class BB Missouri). Of course these are just speculations, as the counterattack might take place a couple of months later.
    I think those rewards will be for the other event coming up and not this specific defensive event? I could be wrong though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @omiqqe

Nah, we still have to pray for the mercy of RNG-sama. This is mostly a test of players' fleet depth. Without solid bench ship girls, one risks using the main fleet (like Lex, Sara, Hood, Bismarck etc too early or too frequently in the defensive phase, which could lead to unexpected injuries, making the final wave of enemies unbeatable). Instead of RTS, this is more like a turn-based SLG. One has to mind fleets composition, choose when and where to use backup and main fleet, and allocate limited resources accordingly. Should be more interesting compared to the standard 2BB2BC2CV routine in past events.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Mignonette

I think currently the general consensus is that these are the actual rewards for the "defensive" map, since there will be no drops, MF got to have some standard awards to provide players with a little incentive (albeit a little cheap compared to previous events - no capital ships). That's why people think the actual counterattack would have drops of rare IJN ship girls with Missouri being the grand prize, but that could be well into the winter.