Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

[WARSHIP GIRLS] Autumn Event 2016 E3 and E4 Completed. Here's a tip

Welp, overall i must say this event is a total BLAST !

It's challenging, but not at all mindless grind like past events, also no rngesus involves, so what you get is the result of your fleet setup and the order in which you engage your fleet with.

Before we begin, i must say the support fleet where you get it from friend list makes a very VERY good back up plan for you, and the best support fleet setup imo is 4 BB/BC , 2 CV or plain 6 BB/BC setup.

You can use it to clear off intimidating fleet like yellow/rainbow BB/BC, or like me, to clear boss nodes. Support fleets do a really good job to soak up the initial wave of air plane rngesus damage before sending in my main fleet to do clear ups, normally after the support fleet engagement you should be able to end the fight without too much of a problem with your main fleet.

So back to the main course,

I setup my E3 and E4 fleet with this in mind,

first fleet, your main power house, this should be the fleet where you use it for the hardest, baddest fight which you think it's impossible to win, so it should set up with your highest level BB/BC, 2 CV, and AT LEAST 1 CL in the group, in E3/E4 some of the main fights comes together with 1 submarine, so that is where your anti-sub CL comes in handy. (3 BB/BC, 1 CL, 2 CV)

second fleet, should be your back up plan for your main fleet just in case your main fleet got focus fire-d. in E3, due to restriction, you'll need to use a combination of BB/BC, CA and CVL for your backup-fleet. I mainly use this fleet when the enemy comes with dd/ca/cl or anything that's not a full fleet of 6. (E3: 2 BB/BC , 1 CA , 1 CVL, 2 CV) (E4: 3 BB/BC , 1 CVL, 2 CV)

Third fleet, your anti submarine fleet, fit in 2 CVLs and others with anti sub DD and you should be able to go. Only use this fleet for anti-sub, or to clear out remains.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Engagements

When you started your fight, go through each and every enemies on the screen first, plan ahead as to which to engage which, and which fleet you'll need to replenish through out the 5 continuous fight, you get 3 replenishments in E3 and 4 in E4, so use up all your ammo/fuel before ending the fight, and make sure ONE OF EITHER your main or your sub has at least 80% ammo fuel for the next wave. one great tip is your dd torp can still deal 20+ damages with torp in night battle even though they have 0% ammo and fuel, so make use of their last bit of damage before they're totally dry.

Below are my fleet levels and equipments.

As you can see, i dont have high level fleet as well so dont be intimidated by the seemingly high level fleet the enemy has.

Of course, Max upgrade for all ship should be a no brainer, dont even think of going out without it. The BB/BC and armor CV in E4 has shit tons of armor, so be very careful and patient with them, plan who should be going to night battle and who should be left out from battle for the next engagement.

I had cleared E3/E4, and so should you :)

good luck admirals.

P/S: low speed ship has the tendency to get hit VERY easily, i.e CVLs, so do plan ahead with the possibility of CVL no longer functioning in mind.

Last edited by kenken2k2; 09-18-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/CxrqyRv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Lieutenant
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This was a decent event overall, though pretty hard imo. Is this system of port defense taken from Kancolle? Or did HM come up with a completely new innovation?

Rep
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Edit: Your fleet pictures don't show, Ken. :<

I'll give those comps a whirl for a few times before I quit the whole thing. I think the minimum suggested levels for E3 and E4 are bullshit (60 and 80 respectively). My ships used in E3 are mostly in their 70s-low 90s but I still get a red ship in every fleet in wave 3 and it's just frustrating. Most of the people I've seen pass E4 had multiple lvl 100 ships and sometimes even multiples of Mod equipment.

It seems like you absolutely *need* a high-level friend fleet to even pass, which I've seen some people in the less populated servers (like the iOS ones) struggle. Something like a friend fleet should be an option, not a requirement to pass a map.

I have to give Kudos to MF for trying something different for an event and the limitations are a neat challenge. There's a room for improvement though. I feel like the top reward for such a hard event should've been something like a BB instead of a CA, but that's just me.

I'm curious on what the overall feelings about this event on WSG's Tieba. Did they find it too hard? Just right? etc etc etc

Last edited by Mignonette; 09-19-2016 at 01:30 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @Mignonette

i used dropbox link, it's showing on multiple of my laptops though, and seems to be working fine with or without clicking /downloading the picture.

have you tried turning off and on your computer :P ?

P/S: to summarize, it has lv70~90+ BB, lv80+ BC, lv75~99 CV , lv76 CL, lv 60~80 DD, lv50~65 CVL and Lv75 eugen

P/S2: In my experience for friend fleet, i find that as long as it has a decent level , say lv 80~90, it should be fine, in E3 and E4 i have only used it once or twice outside of boss nodes total. The only problem comes when like you said, when you're unable to find any friend to add at all. But then i've never met with such issue because i seem to received quite a number of friend request even days before the event. Saratoga server.

Add me: UID188665

Last edited by kenken2k2; 09-19-2016 at 03:27 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/CxrqyRv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Sadly I'm not on Saratoga. ...and the pics still don't work even after restart but whatever.

I tried a few more times and still got blockaded at E3's Wave 3 (even after getting help with weapon set-ups and such). I just don't care anymore and hope my luck next event isn't complete shit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @kenken2k2

Got 403 from the image when I tried to open the link, do you make it public? Else, you can upload it to imgur.com

Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    just use imgur.......make things so much easier

夕颜婊子汝母何不效仿徐婊田中之母呢