Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event has ended. Check the event threads for more info.
Bookmark Thread
    IGN
    ExtraCrunchy
    Server
    Harashajima
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

"Aww damnit, I forgot the plan...oh yeah, KILL THE ABYSSALS!"

*Deep breath*
    I've been playing Kantai collection since mid-April. I'd known about it since 2013, but wasn't very interested in the whole affair (I was more into the ground warfare side of WW2 history, although I do confess that I was also mostly a "skim the Wikipedia entry" kind of history buff until recently). I started to grow interested when I learned about the Figma and other action figures that were being made, but I knew it would be better to play the game itself before I actually spent money on anything.
    In addition, as you may have guessed, I'm a Halo fanboy, but an important corollary to note is that I'm only really into the Pre-Halo reach stuff, and I really enjoy coming up with fanfiction ideas, though putting them down on paper is a very different beast. My disillusionment with the newer entries in the Halo franchise left my creative side craving for another franchise to vicariously live through. Lo and behold, Kantai collection seemed like the dark horse solution to this problem. So I started playing after watching another guy's playthrough series on youtube and promptly forgetting all the important details I should've gleaned from it and was quickly sucked into the vortex of moe anthropomorphisms of Warships, never to return. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Whew, hope you stuck through all that. I didn't want to stray to far into my life story, but I also didn't want to leave out any important details.
    Now that this is out of the way, I hope to have fun here.

A few important facts about me and Kantai collection:
    -I'm a level 93 admiral, but I'm pretty sure most of my girls are under-leveled because I spent a while messing around without a proper sense of what to do, and I tried to spread out who gets leveled equally.
    -My favorite girls are Takao, Kirishima, Ashigara, Fuso, Kiso, Sendai, Shiranui, Yuuadachi, and Chitose.
    -I've never listened to the in-game BGM. I mostly listen to soundtracks from 90's video games.
    I've already got around 5 story ideas, preferably interconnected, floating around in my head. I can't draw well to save my life, but hopefully as my skills improve, I'll be able to start putting my ideas down in comic form, and possible drawing some OC Warship ladies that I've been thinking up. Fear not, I'll be sure to take things slow, as I've already done when it comes to art skill improvement, to avoid being stuck in with the "Original character do not steal!" Cringe-bait subculture on a certain art site for deviants.
    -I love reading through the various translated doujins and manga that are available online. Seeing all the different interpretations of the universe is fun.
    -I though the anime was "Meh".
    -Kantai collection motivated me to man up and create an account on Danbooru, if only to have a convenient blacklist.
    My favorite fan-created admirals:
    -Kamio Reiji.
    -Admiral Shiro.
    -Admiral Suwabe.
    Other fun facts::
    -I enjoy watching anime, but Kantai collection is a major exception to my rule because the anime I've really grown to like are from the 90's and early 2000's.
    -I was once a console loyalist, but my tastes have shifted from Console-based first person shooters to RPG's and RTS' on the PC.
    -I'm not a weeaboo. It's rather annoying to hear people I'm conversing with throw around slang based on arbitrary preconceptions of internet subcultures codified years ago on sites they've likely never visited. Oh boo-hoo-hoo, I have a leaning towards reading manga and watching (Mainly dubbed) anime. I'm not trying to learn Japanese or sprinkle bits of the language into my general conversation. There's nothing Daijobu about that. I'd seem like a baka to anyone I spoke to. Plus they'd think I was being real Kuso and trying to mess with their heads.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1522 Post(s)
    Welcome to Himeuta. Hope you enjoy your stay! Feel free to contact me if you run into problems.

Last edited by Kalinsre; 10-04-2016 at 03:45 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4504 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome.

Something something #KillThemAllAndRapeTheCorpses.

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3710 Post(s)
    Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing

Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forums UNSC_Marine, enjoy your stay!

"Exaggerations went up by a million percent last year."
    Blog: VST Plugins Free.

Rep
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    You fuckin wot m8, fite me.

And welcome to the forums.

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @UNSC_Marine Hello and welcome to Himeuta! The Miscellaneous forum is going to be your best friend here. Do share your creative fics there. Have fun and enjoy your stay!

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: None! My K2 List