Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Visual Novel Recommendations Thread

Giving that we can include Eroges:
    Totally consider trying Monster Girl Quest
    it has everything:you got intercourse,plot (a big one too),a solid gameplay,deep characters,good animations AND monster girls(tons of them)
    Be advised: reverse-rape is a big thing in this game :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't played that much but I've played majikoi, majikoi S, and some parts of majikoi A-1. Grisai no kajitsu part 1 since the other aren't translated yet. and last one is Himeragi Dungeon meister.

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I strongly recommend Planetarian. It's one of the few VNs I consider buying instead of just shamefully playing it for free via illegal means (spent a lot of money for Saya already, it will have to wait).
    I played it maybe 3 years ago, and just went through the first drama CD, and the feelings are still vividly perceptible.
    It's been released on steam a week ago planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ on Steam
    I listened, or rather read, the first drama CD here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15O_0waTqyo
    The video's quality isn't that great, but good enough.
    The second drama CD is on the same channel, as well as the excellent Saya no Uta and Narcissu. There's also a May Sky walkthrough, which is also worth a shot.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@ofi123 I started with Little Busters and then played Clannad. I think the story lines in Little Busters did more for me than Clannad, but it might be that I developed an immunity to Key with Little Busters.
    @Darwino28 I honestly played monmuso quest for the wrong reasons but ended up falling in love with the story. Part 2 and 3 amazed me since I didn't expect a good story from it.

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned but Narcissu is a free visual novel that I thought was really good. It's pretty depressing but it's worth the read.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2406 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncilla View Post
    @ofi123 I started with Little Busters and then played Clannad. I think the story lines in Little Busters did more for me than Clannad, but it might be that I developed an immunity to Key with Little Busters.
    Thanks for trying this. This will show that people may prefer Clannad to be the moving work because it's the first KEY work they are exposed to. If there's are more people who did what you did and gives me the same answer, I can call this a fact.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Darwino28 I actually wanted to try that, but it costs money I think...

I'm trying to find a pirated version to download.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not sure if any of you played any RPG-based visual novels before. but i really enjoyed playing them over the normal ones since its not just about text. it involves action as well.

madou koukaku, a war-strategy based visual novel that involves alot of battles, defeat/capture girls/unlock H-scenes is very satisfying.

sengoku rance- again a war-strategy based visual novel that involes alot of battles too, but set in ancient japan, (Samurais+ Ninjas+ Demons)

other Esuhully games such as Kamidori, soukoku no arterial is also very good.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by takilung View Post
    N
    madou koukaku,
    Magic route a best, "masked gentleman, you know who" best bro, riseru best girl, 3 commanders in field system still shit. I expected at least some form of C&C style base building shit though, so yeah.

Also, you might want to play rance IX if you enjoyed Sengoku. Quest is just a huge grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebneb
    DansGame

Rep
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Okay so. Guys. Cartagra is really really good. Like seriously go play it. Just. You know. Expect graphic depictions of really messed up murders. Also cannibalism.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)

@Katze If you like Cartagra you should try its sequel the Kara no Shoujo series.