Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7802 Post(s)

Re: Visual Novel Recommendations Thread

I'm going to go grab a few of the ones suggested in this when I get the time, VN's are a great way to pass time although I already have like 3 volumes of LN's I've been meaning to read through.
    I can't really suggest much though.
    The only 'pure' VN I've played through was the PS2 version of ToHeart2 way back when it was first released. It was pretty great even without understanding a word of it, I somehow got so engrossed I got through 3 different routes including the Iincho Inazuma Manaka's lengthy route where you end up actually dating ages before the end of the route. Actually there is quite a few similarities between Inazuma and Manaka both visually and personality wise, which is why she was my starter ship. Their hairstyle is just flipped, both are polite and quiet yet react the same when surprised. They both even have a tomboyish sister who looks similar to them just to touch the tip of the iceburg.

Rest have been VN-like SRPGS like TtT and Utaware Yes I was a leaf/Aquaplus fanboy when I was younger

Glad to hear though from people who played through the D.C ones that they was enjoyable, I absolutely adored that series when I was younger but never managed to play the VNs. I've just had to be content with the cropped anime versions and some extra material instead. Guess I should stop being lazy and go see if there's some translations up. That and throw myself at DC3. Even if it's just because of Rikka.

Two things will never happen:
    Yuzuki getting added or Kagero-class K2.

IGN
    Jammies
    Server
    Truk Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: Visual Novel Recommendations Thread

Sings praises about Mahoutsukai no Yoru (Witch on the Holy Night) for the rest of my life. If you can read Japanese it's super worth it, and if you can't then you still have some incredible visuals and a great ost by the same composer behind ufotable's recent Unlimited Blade Works adaptation. It's part of the same universe as Fate, Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai and the like, but as far as storytelling and aesthetics goes it's easily Nasu's best.

Plus it's all ages so yeah. Mahoutsukai no Yoru. Do it.

I'm going first... I'll be waiting for your return...