Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Containers

Lieutenant
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Thats a pretty hopeful drop rate, one of the easier events then?

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    There's never been something as low as 0.02% as the top drop rate of an event. Numbers can also be deceptive. You can get 1, maybe 2 containers a day. If you can get 3 you really must have a lot of time on your hands. KC runs aren't limited by day, a typical event map can be done at least 50 times a day and still be sane.

That being said, I'd still just open the yolo crates unless you're really hard-on for credits (terrible rate, 50k-100k extra per day, not even a good match's worth, perhaps 150-200 if really lucky) Chance of getting credits again in the same drop (3 drops total right) seems to be quite low. And if you always mount prem damage control, the consumable crate is better credit value since they cost 22k each (once you run out of your free initial 250).

Usually chance options should be less beneficial on average, but I feel like WG didn't really balance this well. Or perhaps you could interpret it as generosity. But basically the yolo crate is actually one of the best options to take. Never mind prems, drop another 250 damecons for example and that's over 5 mil value right there.

Last edited by DLRevan; 10-22-2016 at 12:16 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    SoranoKongou
    Server
    Kanoya Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Received about 200 or 250 DCP ll which was probably the best out of the 6 containers i've opened so far.

Thy who dwells in the light above the surface.
    One who always stares at the abyss.
    Remember that the abyss's glaze will stare back.

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Pardon the noob question, but how the hell do I select a container? Or is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by iPe7eR View Post
    >Implying every place on the internet isn't infested with tumblrfags.

https://asia.warships.today/signature/2008227745/light.png

IGN
    Darjeeling
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5694 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorphine View Post
    Pardon the noob question, but how the hell do I select a container? Or is that even possible?
    when you have enough xp, you click collect a container, then you pick the type and it gives it to you and you open it

Married to Nagato 23/02/2016. Married to Iowa 26/09/2016. Married to Warspite 25/10/2016. Married to Houshou 19/12/2016.
    Married to Musashi 26/02/2017 Married to Ushio 10/03/2017. Married to Maya 25/03/2017. Married the Chitose Sisters 24/07/2017.
    The Ship Soul War (Kancolle Fanfic)

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Harrab View Post
    when you have enough xp, you click collect a container, then you pick the type and it gives it to you and you open it
    ah, so that's how. I just logged in after the patch, I already had 5 containers. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPe7eR View Post
    >Implying every place on the internet isn't infested with tumblrfags.

https://asia.warships.today/signature/2008227745/light.png

IGN
    Darjeeling
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5694 Post(s)
    @polymorphine

yeah those first few are predetermined loot boxes, any more you get can be selected and have random, most likely shitty drops in them.

Happy to help anyway.

Married to Nagato 23/02/2016. Married to Iowa 26/09/2016. Married to Warspite 25/10/2016. Married to Houshou 19/12/2016.
    Married to Musashi 26/02/2017 Married to Ushio 10/03/2017. Married to Maya 25/03/2017. Married the Chitose Sisters 24/07/2017.
    The Ship Soul War (Kancolle Fanfic)

Rep
    Mentioned
    2214 Post(s)
    Finally a supercontainer after all these randoms....

And RNG gives me 1 of the most useless stuff....

Piuy is the boss.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    If we look at the available drops when you get a supercontainer, the least valuable items are flags (though they come in huge batches of 200-250?) and that's what you get most of the time at 40%. No one wants flags of course, especially the troll +15% flooding Ofi just got. 60% chance of getting either damecons (worth 5 mil+ credits), or other stuff which is either directly worth more than 5 mil (100k credits, etc), or stuff that I think most would agree is worth more than credits, like premium ships.

I am not sure whats the drop rate of supercontainers if one picks the luck option, which is the main problem. Not to mention the regular options also have a small chance to get a container. But if we just assume for a moment that the drop chance with regular option is negligble, then the luck option would have to have a worse than 1 in maybe 40-50 chance to drop for it to not match to value of just picking the credit crate option every time.

I think its better than that, so i'm just going to keep opening the luck option.

Additional: I've seen some early experiments that, after accounting for probable reporting bias, suggest the drop rate of a Supercontainer with the luck option is around 10%.

Last edited by DLRevan; 10-23-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8287 Post(s)
    Well, as someone who kinda relies on torpedoes to do most of his work, I wouldn't mind a stack of the +Flooding ones.

I'd certainly not willingly pick it over the other options (except maybe ramming/secondaries flags), but at least they'd be far from useless for me.

Can't tell yu how many times I've hit 4-5 Saipan torpedoes with no flood >.>

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)