Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Winter2017 event has begun and will end on 28th, Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    IGN
    illyrin
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    885 Post(s)
    Last season was so dull I literally stopped watching any shows.

Let's see ...

Definitely Watching:

Tales of Zestiria (yeah first season sucked but ufotable compels me)
    Konosuba 2

Checking Out:

Granblue Fantasy the Animation
    Masamune-kun's Revenge
    Chaos;Child (can't be bothered to do the unicode for the umlaut)
    Kuzu no Honkai
    Fuuka
    Demi-chan wa Kataritai
    Hand Shakers
    Koyabashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

Stuff I'll Probably Regret but will check out anyway because I'm like this cat: ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48SfRZKRHa8 )

Kemono Friends
    Seiren (because anime without any descriptions are awesome)
    One Room (because anime without good descriptions are awesome)
    Little Witch Academia (anything hyped by 4chan is likely to be as bad as One Punch Man, but I'll check it out)
    Schoolgirl Strikers

Last edited by illyrin; 12-26-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    @RivieraBlue Gintama will never end.
    Except it's really on the ending course with manga on the final arc. And they aren't Naruto which is pretty much the rotten corpse hanging on the ropes.

Doing all things for the Sixth and Sixty-First Destroyer Division girls.
    I don't want to go grinding. I want plumping. Want to come to the Orel Sea, get drunk with the local Ru-class battleships, and that they're stuffed nose to my kanmusu for the thing about destroyers come in large numbers. Fight, plump, destroyers on the pump.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Wondering what people thought about Fate Grand Order, First Order - especially those who play the game. I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as I expected (like FSN/FZero/etc. so had somewhat high expectations for this). Mash/Mashu was fine (liked her better once she got into demi-servant mode), but the ML was pretty meh. Laff was very much just there a the villain though he had little screen time. From what I've read, this was essentially the game tutorial = entirely setup, and that the anime adaptation should get better next installment.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4320 Post(s)
    I'll be downloading everything that got released this week tonight. Will post the first half of my initial thoughts next week. Been seeing some screenshots floating about though.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @Leyana: Playing the game as well? I'd give it a shot (not sure how much lack of fluency in Japanese matters), but not into mobile/cell games (need to upgrade phone & service plan for one thing. Also, meh, tiny screens). For me I have a surprisingly large number of shows I'm going to try out (15 - 17), but expect a lot of cuts. Have like 4 maybe on the (presumably) will watch list. Still should end up with more shows than last season.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4320 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I gave up on the game after being faced with the massive grind to upgrade anyone decent, the shitty gacha and having other better time wasters like Kancolle and Panzer Waltz.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @Leyana: Ah. Haven't tried the game (again, no mobile games for me), but the premise at least sounds interesting. Still, meh on gatch, etc. so can understand. Back more on topic. Do you know what the schedule is like for FGO? Is the next installment I2nd Order?) due... next month/season/year?

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7702 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    Wondering what people thought about Fate Grand Order, First Order - especially those who play the game. I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as I expected (like FSN/FZero/etc. so had somewhat high expectations for this). Mash/Mashu was fine (liked her better once she got into demi-servant mode), but the ML was pretty meh. Laff was very much just there a the villain though he had little screen time. From what I've read, this was essentially the game tutorial = entirely setup, and that the anime adaptation should get better next installment.
    It only covered the tutorial map so it didn't really go into all the twists that the game gets of course so as an introduction it was pretty good, better than F/SN or F/UB's opening hours at least since both start more or less the same with barely anything happening other than action for the sake of action.
    I do like that it kept the reference to berserker "If you don't provoke him we won't have to fight" as the berserker stage is optional and also pretty much impossible when you first start the game.

It was accurate enough though, although the game slumps a bit story wise for the third (it was rushed to get put out so they might rewrite it for the anime a bit) and fourth orders but two is ok and five onward are supposed to be pretty good so we'll have to see when they do release more of it how it turns out.

Shame both the movies i'm interested in this 'season' are out in february though so I've got a wait on that. Nothing as a series stands out to me so I'm going to just be going off whatever Leyana recommends again like usual-

IGN
    Nanaya
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    For next season I'll give a shot at Chaos;Child and Masamune-kun's revenge, and follow F/GO for sure (I don't play the game because Japanese language+gatcha, but I'm a Type Moon's fan, so I'll take it). I'll probably follow the Chain Chronicles movies, played that mobile game for a while on international server before it got shut down... I may pick up another series (I'm curious about Hand Shakers), but I'll see when it gets released.

Marriage Anniversary: October, 2nd

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @KotoNano: Thanks. The impression I got from reading some other game player comments is that they did a decent to pretty good job. I'm not playing the game, but fairly familiar with FSN (played the original way back when). "Pretty good" was my overall impression though kind of surprising given the amount of exposition, it still felt a bit thin in terms of setup. Got the overall story out/main plot (go back in time & fight singularities), but there were some noticeable changes from original FSN setup that they just kind of glossed over IMO. Definitely got a feeling of "go read something" for background details.

As for going forward, given this was tutorial based setup, show should be better but how much better is uncertain.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Nrvn; No KonaSuba? Comedy is subjective (YMMV), but that was probably my favorite series last year.