Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4224 Post(s)
    @Valkirion Already a beach scene and only 3 episodes in.

Where are we at?

IGN
    Valkirion
    Rep
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    @Leyana i think we can safely cover "loser male friend" "Ass & tiddies" "stupid MC" "titties" "Ass" and "misunderstandings" also spoiler: "random new girl" in the future

http://i.imgur.com/PDr9Jgn.gif
    "i walk through the shadow of the valley of boobs"

Rep
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Aww shit. I spoiled Beseria for myself. Damn you, tv tropes.

As it turns out
    [+] Spoiler

Beseria is literally the creation story of Zestria's world; why malevolence exists and the genesis of the first shepherd.

Rep
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Jesus christ the art of Konosuba S2 ಠ_ಠ It reminds me of episode 4 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which is really not a compliment.

I'm enjoying Demi-chan far more than I should. I really like the fact that the show avoided a lot of tropes that could've brought the quality of the show down, especially regarding the teacher. He's not a pervert, a goof or a total monmusu nerd. Instead, he's a teacher who behaves in a realistic and adult fashion. He's pretty conscious about trying to avoid causing discomfort to the girls despite his interest and actively looks out for their well being (ep2). I can't wait to see more of the Succubus and how he's going to handle his relationship with her, since it won't be the same dynamic as with the students.
    Also, Macchi is just too adorable for words.

Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @Mobius: I got the same yuri-bait impression as well.
    I think the first episode has pretty firmly demonstrated that it intends to be pretty damn fanservicy with that stomach "joke" (that they are already running into the ground), the yuri-bait is just another facet of this. As far as I'm concerned, it's probably the first show that I will drop if it doesn't improve in the next two or three episodes.

Last edited by Mobius; Yesterday at 06:29 PM.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    4224 Post(s)
    Right here I go with this season's batch.

Must Watch:
    Urara Meirochou - Reminds me a lot of Gochuumon. If you like super sweet moe shows, you'll love this. The animation is bright and colourful and the cast is quirky and funny in the right ways. Having the background being about the girls leaning to be fortune tellers adds an extra layer of silliness to the proceedings that makes it better.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi Hen - God I loved the first season and the 2nd season steps it up with a timeskip and heapings of drama right out of the gate. But I realise that the 2nd season is practically an entirely different cast since the main characters didn't exactly get much air time during the 1st. That said, the quality animation and acting is still there so definitely pick this one up after you've watched the first season.

Gabriel Dropout - A funny comedy that might just give KonoSuba 2 a run for it's money this season. It's comedy comes from interactions between a slovenly neet/her minder and naive girl/sadist. Character designs are pretty cute and there are plenty of laugh out loud moments in the first episode. I must say that if nothing else, this show is a gold mine for reaction faces.

Little Witch Academia (2017) - I have been waiting for this one ever since the short and the movie. The first episode hit all the right notes that I've come to expect from this franchise. I really like Trigger's animation and this show proves that they've still got it. I see a bit of class warfare on the horizon along with plenty of character development to go along with the comedy.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! 2 - They say the best comedy is bad things happening to bad people. When I watch the 2nd season I get where people are coming from when they say that. Just watching Kazuma get his comeuppance when he gets too arrogant was a high point of the episode. The jokes are still there and the antics are still there. You don't really need to have watched the 1st season to grasp this one but it does add a little bit of context to some happenings.

Kuzu no Honkai - This appears to be a remarkable mature romance drama. I say appears because while it shows some adult themes at the start, time will tell whether there is any depth to the drama. It does appear to be quite a slow paced show but don't let that put you off. There's something there to make this worth it. I also really liked the 'floaty' feeling the art gave off. Give this show a shot.

Masamune-kun no Revenge - A pretty funny romcom. I like the way the characters interact with each other and the lovely art helps too. But, this is one of those shows where you might need to get used to the MC copping abuse. It has the makings of a harem so I hope the characters manage to carry the show beyond just being your standard school story.

Worth A Watch:
    Akiba`s Trip The Animation - The show has a nice mix of action and comedy but it is kind of lacking in the plot department. From where I'm sitting it just appears to be a flimsy excuse for the MC to beat up and strip people. Now that was fine as a game, but as an anime I kind of want more.

Seiren - A romance show in the vein of Amagami. 3 different girls with their own story arcs. I do like this format since it presents a nice compact story without drawing it out too long. Saves a lot of the drama. The art is pretty darned good and I already like the 1st girl's personality. If you liked Amagami, give this a shot for sure.

Youjo Senki - I liked the manga but the first episode left me hanging. The cold open leaves out a ton of context and world building. If I didn't read the manga I would've thought this show was trying to be some sort of Joan of Arc retread. The character designs also feel a bit off with the fat lips. But that said, the dogfighting sequences are pretty good and it does capture the slow slog of WW1 trench warfare. I have hopes that subsequent episodes will fill in on the backstory.

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou Hen - I was waiting for a proper continuation to the first season. I liked this manga and the arc that this season covers. It does start pretty slowly though and does assume that you watched the first half of the first season. Seeing as the first season was 5 years ago now, that can throw quite a few viewers off. I'd honestly suggest watching the first season until episode 16 to get a grasp of what is going on. It is otherwise a pretty standard shounen show.

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari - I think it is neat that this show starts off with the Allied Army of Good failing and the big bad winning. The art and character design reminds me a lot of Zestiria and that is a good thing; Zestiria is really pretty. But anyway, I am very interested in how the story develops. I see lots of character development in the future as the hero comes to grips with his failure and he has to work to rebuild the army for a second shot at the big bad.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai - Another cute show, this time about demi-humans - vampires, dullahans, succubuses, etc. All of the usual characteristics of said demi-humans are downplayed and they're mostly quirky girls. That said, the show is pretty funny and the character designs are nice. The premise is pretty much letting you know more about these girls. Give it a whirl for the humour.

Nyanko Days - This is just pure concentrated moe. It's a short too so it cuts out all the cruft and just gets straight to the cute. You will get diabetes. You will go to jail.

ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka - It's a show about an internal affairs department. There will be red tape and there will be investigations. So far, you get a sense of some vast political conspiracy roiling beneath the calm surface that the show presents. Some of the character designs are FMA-ish and the others feel a bit retro. The show does introduce characters very fast though but I do suppose they will get around to fleshing the rest of the cast out. Some members of the cast appear to serve no purpose at the moment and I hope that changes as they feel as if they don't belong in a show like this.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation - The return of the great cycling sports show. This time putting the 2nd years into the limelight. The 3rd years have left and the 1st years have gotten a powerup with brand new bikes tailored to their strengths. I am very interested in seeing if a new generation of 1st years will be added to the lineup. Otherwise, if you liked the first two seasons, definitely pick this up. If you like a good sports anime, pick this up.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - A comedy that relies on absurdity for its humour. KyoAni doing the animation means you know going in that the art and animation will be good. The characters are silly and the dragon gimmick has some legs to it. I'll keep watching to see if this becomes Amagi or Musaigen.

To Pass The Time:
    Hand Shakers - This will remind you a lot of K. It has very similar art and character design and, unless I'm mistaken, very familiar voice acting too. From the first episode, I don't really see anything special with the show and it just looks like a standard shounen battle show. Also this show has another titty monster with some of the worst tit animations I've ever seen in anime.

Eldlive - I think this is trying to be a super sentai show? The MC doesn't really endear himself to me but I heard Kugimiya Rie voicing the familiar. Overall the show isn't bad but it isn't anything special so far either.

Fuuka - Now being perfectly honest, the art, animation, character design and music alone should put this show up into the Must Watch category but it's a story by Seo Kouji. As such, I can expect the first episode to be a high point and the story and plot to go rapidly downhill from here. To those of you who like watching trainwrecks or stupid dumb fuck MCs doing every 'Don't Do This, Stupid' thing in the romance handbook, give this show a go. That said, in my opinion it has the best OP in the season.

Tales of Zestiria the Cross (2017) - The first season didn't leave me wanting to watch more of this but the 2nd season does start with more Rose so that's a plus. The story still isn't going anywhere so here's to hoping it picks up.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha Bu - I'll preface this by saying it was released in a bad position to be competing with Yowamushi. It compounds this weakness by presenting us with an MC that has 'forgotten how to ride a bike'. I headdesked the moment I heard that line. Going by the opening, it appears that this airhead is going to be joining a competitive cycling race. I know it's a staple of sports anime but "She has inborn genius talent" can only allow me to suspend disbelief so far. All in all, it looks like it won't be as serious as Yowamushi and will be attempting to use cute antics to set itself apart. All that does is make it feel disjointed.

Chaos;Child - A continuation of Chaos;Head with a new cast. I consider this a good thing because I hated the MC in C;H so much I couldn't finish 2 episodes. The first episode of this show is 47mins with the first half being a recap of the happenings in C;H. As per the usual with this franchise, prepare for crackpot conspiracy theories and gruesome murders. The first episode doesn't exactly get things going so I hope that it steps it up starting from episode 2. O;9 managed to do it so I think this one might just do that too.

Piace: Watashi no Italian - A more focused version of Working with less characters. It's a short and I have a feeling that has to do with needing to squeeze out all the comedy they can from the cast. The episode lengths are just right though. If you missed restaurant antics, this is your fix. Don't expect super weird characters though.

Marginal #4 Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang - An idol anime about a boy band. I won't completely dismiss it out of hand because the songs are actually catchy but my god is the rest of the show so much cringe.

Idol Jihen - I must admit the premise does sound interesting and the music is good enough. I fully expect this show to just dance around real issues and just cute/sing problems away. Honestly, I'd actually vote for any idols that stood for election. Can't be worse than the corrupt pieces of shit in power.

Stay Away:
    Ai Mai Mii: Surgical Friends - There's no better descriptor for this show than 'insane'. The creators were clearly on some really hard drugs and possibly some experimental ones too. The animation quality is all over the place along with the plot and all the characters are clearly bipolar or schizo in some way. This is pretty much a meme anime.

Kemono Friends - This feels like a huge advertisement for a zoo/zoological infodump. It's got the same animation style as Tesagure which means really crappy CG. It also lacks the ad lib humour that made Tesagure transcend it's shitty animation. Right now it just feels like a really low budget advert you'd see on local children's television in the ass end of nowhere.

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel - This is a pretty bland, paint by numbers magical girl show. Didn't see anything that would hook me and from the title itself lends me to think that this will be fetish exploitation.

Spirit Pact - A show about exorcists that comes from Korea and takes place in China. It doesn't really have anything special and the humour feels formulaic. I fully expect this to turn out like a worse version of The Outcast.

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi - A chibi show about the shinsengumi. Lots of historical in jokes and just random antics. Nothing special.

One Room - Someone thought it would be a good idea to animate a VN. I really mean that in every sense of the word. The girl in the first episode talks directly to the camera and is the only character there. The MC is silent and implied to be you. I know VNs are lacking in gameplay but come on. This is just pushing it.

Couldn't find anyone subbing Reikenzan or Onihei. I'm not touching Super Lovers or ReWrite. Will see what Bang Dream is all about when it comes out next week.

IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jifaru View Post
    @goesto11 Because Gochiusa is anime of the millennium and Urara feels a little bit like lewd Gochiusa
    Gochiusa + Lewd?

My brain sort of ran into an infinity loop thinking about this .

Gochiusa + Lewd -> Wut? -> Gochiusa + Lewd -> Wut? -> ....

Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 126/155, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10

Rep
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    @Leyana Surely it's not coincidence that Urara is at the top of your list, right?

It's because you're becoming one of us, right?