Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)

Event Discussion: 薄れゆく魂の刻印 (Kamei Event)

JP Wiki

Returning: 9/26 (Tue) to 10/3 (Tue)

[+] Spoiler

It is a drop event with a Hills bonus. Complete the map to have a chance for a castle to drop. If they do not drop, the next completion has a higher chance of dropping. Difficulty does not affect drop rates or rarities as far as we know. Only the event map itself affects the drop rarity. The easier maps (E-1, E-2) are much less likely to drop the ☆4 units, and the harder maps (E-3+) almost only ever drop ☆4.
    The chance brackets are
    1~2 Slightly increased chance
    3~7 Increased chance
    8+ Greatly increased chance

Rewards are
    ★4 Kamei-jou

Skill: Increase HP by 25%
    Stratagem: Increase target's DEF by 30 and blocks up to 3 targets for 30 seconds
    Cooldown: 50s

★2 Sakurao-jou

Skill: Increase range by 20

E-1
    Special Mission: Complete without gigantifying (any difficulty)
    Reward: 5000 Gold

Super easy map. Just set up melee units 4/5 and 17, add some support.
    e.g. Sword at 5 and 17, spear at 2, 16, some ranged units at 3/7/14/15.

E-2
    Special Mission: Complete without taking any damage on Tono (any difficulty)
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kai-ichi]

A and B get attacked by the new hammer bros kabuto. You'll want a strong unit at 22 to defend it. Sword's DPS plus one or two upgrades is good, but I think a Spear is also viable with its range being able to hit earlier. The enemy has such low range that it can walk directly on top of A and then hit it instead of 22 so be careful.

9 and 21 with Swords and 6 and 20 with Spears is a decent set-up if you want to play more melee. Otherwise, Crossbows with multitarget is great too.
    Some flying enemies appear from the top and bottom. Something at 3 can defend from the bottom one. 7/13 should be able to take out the top one.

E-3
    Special Mission: Complete without losing any warehouses (any difficulty)
    Reward: Byakusen [Kai-ichi]

A is safe for round 1 with only a flyer going near it which can be stalled with a token or one unit at 2.
    I recommend a Sword/Hammer at 25, with a Spear supporting at 24 and some sort of ranged at 23. If you have a crossbow with multitarget, it's quite good there.
    A gunner at 7 with two upgrades can eliminate the clubs that appear on the top left.
    Magic at 15 for taking out the boss in the future is recommended. Top off your high ground with a bow or gun at 19 would be good for damage output against everything nearby, particularly a Bow with the event bow equipped.
    You can set up melee at 10/13 or at 12.
    Round 2 can have a unit at 2 to defend A I think, though I used a fully upgraded spear at 3. The enemies at go 3-6-9 don't go in range of it as far as I know.

My specific setup:
    25: Shuri
    3: Shikano
    24: Marugame
    23: Fukuoka
    7: Hagi
    12: Sendai
    19: Komakiyama
    15: Hirado
    17: Ki generator
    22: Ki generator

My Sendai isn't too high level, so 12 might take a lot of damage. Because I didn't have a lot of support at 12-13-10, some dogs go through to Tono, where Hagi can support but he'll have to take them out.
    Hagi needs two upgrades to be able to hit the club on the top left. More might be necessary to take out the two that appear in Round 2. Max her for the boss as she can range 12 and the stairs to support.
    Hirado needs to be maxed before the boss appears. I recommend placing stratagems at 21/18/14 to stall the boss as his attack speed is super slow.
    Komakiyama's skill helps with attack speed for her. A gun would be able to support more damage but I prefer the bow to take out flyers more reliably. I use Marugame's stratagem on the boss as it gets to Sendai to let Hirado hit it a bit more, then Hagi's stratagem on Sendai at 12 to stall, and Marugame's again and it dies before getting up the stairs.

Generic setup:
    7: Gun
    10: Spear OR 12: Melee
    13: Melee OR 14: Melee
    15: Magic
    19: Ranged
    23: Ranged
    24: Spear
    25: Sword/Hammer
    Round 2:
    Reposition spear to 2/3?

E-4
    Reward: Byakusen [Kai-ichi]

Vast majority of enemies are flyers. Highly recommended to take mostly ranged units, preferrably bows since they're low cost and extremely effective against flying enemies.
    You'll probably want two melee units at 12 and 16. 1, 4, 9, 13, 15, 17, 20 are good spots for ranged. A token at 1 is probably enough to protect A, especially on normal. Otherwise a ranged combined with someone at 4 can defend that side. I managed to solo the left side with just a fully upgraded Shimabara.
    13/15/17 can help protect C as flyers can go along the wall and still attack the warehouse. This position otherwise helps shutdown the bigger mass that comes on the right side. If you have the event bow that gives multitarget, this is a good position for that. Multitarget crossbow is also decent here due to the volume.

E-5
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kai-ichi]

This is a completely ground based map and includes the boss with a stomper, several cavalry and some magic.
    My general set-up was
    2 - Sword (Shuri)
    6 - Spear (Marugame)
    15 - Spear (Shikano)
    18 - Hammer (Morioka)
    12 - Gun (Hagi)
    16 - Magic (Hirado)
    20 - Crossbow (Fukuoka)
    22 - Sword (Sendai)

You can avoid placing units on the high ground in round 1 if you want to conserve Ki. The big clubs, cavalry, and magic goes 18-15-11-9-10-7. You'll need units at 15/18 to stop them from taking out B/D. 11 too if you're not strong enough. Hagi's stratagem to block comes in handy here if you have her. Otherwise, someone with a blocking token or a blocking skill may be needed if you can't DPS the cavalry.

The battering rams, broilers and stomper come from the left and go 2-6-9-10. I placed my units forward because they're quite high level and can tank the hits early, just watch out for the burst from the battering rams. 2/6 can be moved to 9/11 if you want to be more conservative and have 12 support them. I placed them forward so I could retreat and replace further back after the first time with the stomper near the end of round 2. After the stomper dies, retreat both these two units to help with top right.

I set up at 22 with Sendai to take care of the round 2 spears. The unit isn't too important as long as she has the HP to survive a hit and upgrades available to heal, but I use Sendai because she's my second best hills sword/unit I have left. Fukuoka at 20 helps support as they go up the stairs because she has a multitarget crossbow, but I think Hirado there might be better since she's more crucial against the boss as it walks up, but if it doesn't die by the time it's at the top, she'll start taking damage. I use Fukuoka's token at 19 which slows the boss considerably, though moving your gun here if you don't need her to clean up on the left staircase will help a lot with knockback. If you have Marugame, use her stratagem to knock the boss back before it starts to engage Sendai the first time and let it recharge for a second round. I use some upgrades to keep my Sendai healthy and then retreat her when she gets low and set up another unit in her place waiting for her to recharge. 20 will start to take damage too and may need a retreat. Slowly set up again and at 21 too to keep the boss slowed down before it can reach C and it should get taken out.

E-6
    Special Mission: Complete without losing any warehouses (any difficulty)
    Reward: Kamei-jou
    Special Mission2 : Complete without losing any warehouses (hard only)
    Reward: ★3 双龍槍 +3 (Spear)

This one's a toughie like any other E-6 has been.
    9 - Sword (Shuri)
    11 - Spear (Shikano)
    13 - Spear (Marugame)
    17 - Melee (Morioka)
    23 - Sword (Sendai)
    12 - Ranged (Hagi)
    16 - Ranged (Komakiyama)
    3 - Crossbow/Cannon (Fukuoka)

9/11 take a lot of punishment and have to deal with those red cubs, regular clubs, and the bosses. You'll want stronger units here, but it can be manageable without a blocker if you focus upgrading the sword at 9, but be sure to keep 11 alive since spears are generally weaker
    13/17 engage the enemy first though and you want someone at 17 to keep C safe. You can push a bit forward to 17/21 if you want to protect a token at 14 because it will take damage otherwise. I'm a bit fan of having a spear behind a primary melee to take care of units due to their great range and these are two good positions for it.
    12/16 can support them on this while also taking care of flying enemies coming from the bottom right, and eventually the top right. A bow at 16 would need upgrades to be able to hit the low ground, and they're not too strong against those types of enemies, so a gun or crossbow can be good too, just be sure they can range the flying enemies that come by and take them out.
    23 needs a Sword to be fast enough to take care of the hammers that walk into D. On normal, 300 ATK is enough to 3 shot them and stop them from damaging the warehouse (much).
    Hammers appear from the house behind Tono in round 2 and walk 1-4-7-A-Tono. I use a crossbow at 3 because they have high defense to tank through their high attack speed, and my multitarget crossbow lets me take care of them all at once while also taking out the stray flying enemies that get through from the bottom. It's a low-to-no priority on round 1 though. I think a cannon would be acceptable as well, and would be able to help the low-ground, but I'm not sure how they would prioritize targets in that case. Needs testing and my only cannon that's viable is Itajima-marugushi at the moment.

It's a lot tougher on Hard, and the biggest hurdle to reaching the special mission I feel is having a unit strong enough to take care of those hammers at D without sacrificing the rest of the match's ki.
    If you just want the clear, while abandoning warehouses, you can set up further back
    i.e.
    9 - Sword
    11 - Spear
    7 - Melee
    10 - Melee
    13 - Melee
    12 - Ranged
    16 - Ranged
    3 - Ranged
    Though in this case, you might need a melee unit at 4 to tank some of the hits for 3, or just abandon the idea of having a unit at 3 and repositon to 8 since the hammers from the top left will go 1-4-7-A-Tono anyway.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Folseus; 09-26-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Kamei looks very cool. She might also be one of the more useful 4* in an event, ability wise. The main potential issue is that she is indeed a spear. Art is so flashy though. Wonder who the voice provider was and what it sounds like...

Anniversary: 28/07/14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mogamin~
    Amatsukze: Punished
    Sources 1 2 3

Rep
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Kamei is fucking beautiful

One of the best designs so far, especially on an event castle.
    Her skill has a pretty long gap between reuses, but she is a rank below Hagi and free. I'd expect her Kai to be fairly good too though. Either increase on the effectiveness on that stratagem, or something like more range.
    She's fairly good in combination with the castles that have the buffs her skills lack.

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    E3 boss is a pain, tons of armor, normal attacks without defense reduction do puny damage even at normal and nearest ranged/melee spot don't let pretty much any castle reach his standby position without significant range enhancements; best thing is to catch him on lower road with a caster I guess, delay him further with random melee tokens and if that's not enough, spam him with lightning abilities on cooldown

Rep
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    @Beregond It walks pretty slowly, but I barely managed on Normal without blocking or magic. Ended up repositioning Shuri to the top of the stairs with Shikano at the bottom, and barely having enough time to use Marugame's stratagem twice to push him back and kill him before he reached the top. I highly recommend using something like a block or slow with magic. Fukuoka's stratagem at the top of the stairs or on the right to slow its attack would be really strong too.

It's super strong and two shots my Tono on Hard. I think if you have one level lower than I do on the upgrade, it's a oneshot...

Last edited by Folseus; 11-29-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    @Folseus I just tried hard, I tried to focus him on the lower road with maxed Utsonomiya and maxed Anping for armor debuff and another gun always on the ledge, barely managed to bring him half life before he reached top of the stairs.....but I got tono rekt by flying beforehand, The amount of crap the game throws at you when boss is moving it's overwhelming, most shots went wasted on them

Rep
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    @Beregond Added my composition to the OP. Hirado is really good for this map as you can use her stratagem to stall the boss a bit too on top of being type appropriate. Marugame is very good as well since it pushes the boss so far back and it's slow. I had a fully upgraded Komakiyama at 19 and Fukuoka with a multitarget crossbow at 13 to help take out the huge number of enemies, though I didn't need to upgrade Fukuoka at all.

Seems impossible to do Hard without Magic given how much damage the boss does. You would need a fairly high level Gaillard with healing to stop the boss or something since there aren't any good Hill castles with block.

Rep
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    my setup
    [+] Spoiler

Some units barely contributed a thing, like sword at 2.. Some of flyings could attk my WH B, I think Sunpu at 7, Taiga replaces her at 19, Neu-tan 24 ->20 will do much better. Neu-tan can be replaced by hammer, she did nothing but blocking some mobs.

Rep
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    E-3 hard is pretty hard. I probably should have brought a healer and cheesed a bit, come to think of it. Instead, I tried tanking with a buffed lv 74 Shuri, but even that wasn't enough to survive. (Had to withdraw and place her down again.) I can confirm that magic users cannot reach the boss, even with a +100 range boost. The melee units can reach the boss, but without magic debuff, they do next to no damage, so it's not worthwhile to rush them. My best advice if you're not using a healer would be to relocate your tank for the final boss, maybe.

I've gotten none of the event drops during my runs, but I'm not wasting stamina on those maps until the second half of the event. Unless you really need 4* material for kai, it's probably a good idea to wait for the second half's maps, which should have better rates.

Anniversary: 28/07/14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mogamin~
    Amatsukze: Punished
    Sources 1 2 3

Rep
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    For E-3 Hard, I dropped a Gunner (5* Sakamoto) at 11, and a magic user at 15. Each of her shots was enough to propel the boss back indefinitely on the left end stairs, and the magic user's slowing also took effect, surprising me by preventing the boss from advancing. Gunner needs enough range to hit the stairs though.

Might have to try it again, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't using any special strategems or guns (just a 3* gun upgraded a few times) or anything either, nor was she maxed out.

Edit:
    Wait no, tried it again. I had token banners that slowed down enemies in range too.
    Slowing from mage and gunning knockback was enough to keep it stalled at the top half of the stairs presumably.
    Katana above the stairs doesn't do much other than contribute damage.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...70/unknown.png

Last edited by NME; 11-29-2016 at 06:56 PM.