Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @211303 I don't quite follow. You mean they fixed the cookie method to enact the ban that was imposed today?

It should be blocked at the server level.
    Old cookie method basically trick the server to think you have passed the region check by inserting a cookie that will be issued by the server when someone passed that check. That no longer work.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ofi123 View Post
    Guess this is our Winter Event?

Seems so, Hishimochi quest chain and mini time-limited map. They might move the maint to next week though if the server attack continues.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5717 Post(s)

So they are splitting it into two maint:

First maint at JST1400-1730 on Feb 28 for strengthening server security and distributing ranking reward.

Second maint starts at JST1100, March 3 (no end time yet) for the hishimochi event and time limited map.

Edit: I like how they are also acknowledging the other innocent foreign player base in the next tweet.

Last edited by 211303; 02-27-2020 at 06:01 AM.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    Edit: I like how they are also acknowledging the other innocent foreign player base in the next tweet.
    Lmao, as if they really cared.

Death from above!

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    Old cookie method basically trick the server to think you have passed the region check by inserting a cookie that will be issued by the server when someone passed that check. That no longer work.
    KC server never had anything to do with it. Cookie shenanigans was only relevant to the DMM page where KC is hosted, but technically it's just a gateway. Either way the region block is still to limit access to the DMM pages in general, which C2 doesn't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielosama View Post
    Lmao, as if they really cared.
    Funnily enough, they do. If they didn't they could easily hard block all foreign access at the network level and solve all their ddos problems, which has plagued them for years, overnight. It's not practical to mask foreign IPs for a ddos attack, plus they usually originate from the same few countries (ie. russia, china, vietnam, etc) even if the perps are located in another country.

Geo-blocking is a highly effective, even foolproof method of halting ddos attacks. That they don't do it means they actually do care.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5717 Post(s)
    So apart from ranking reward, we will also get the Mitsukoshi collaboration update (she will drop in the coming time limited map) and some minor seasonal furniture update.

Valentine cg and line will stay till March 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Was debating whether to start a new thread for this or not, but since this batch doesn't really have anything else....

January 2020 Ranking Reward:

T1-5:
    Kikka kai x1
    T3 shell kai +4 x1
    8inch triple gun mount Mk.9 mod.2 +4 x1
    Proto keiun (recon) +4 x1

T6-20:
    T3 shell kai +4 x1
    8inch triple gun mount Mk.9 mod.2 +4 x1
    Proto keiun (recon) +4 x1

T21-100:
    T3 shell kai +4 x1
    8inch triple gun mount Mk.9 mod.2 +2 x1
    Proto keiun (recon) x1

T101-500:
    T3 shell kai +4 x1
    Proto keiun (recon) x1

- - - Updated - - -

Giving us jet and its component at this era......

and not including the ne engine as well

I hope this prelude the buff of jet, but they didn't mention anything about that.

- - - Updated - - -

And they have determined to stop access from the area where the DDoS attack originates from, since the attack still persists. This will be a temporary measure.

so I suppose that basically means if you get kicked out even if you have VPN on up until you are in the game, the attack comes from your area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    KC server never had anything to do with it. Cookie shenanigans was only relevant to the DMM page where KC is hosted, but technically it's just a gateway. Either way the region block is still to limit access to the DMM pages in general, which C2 doesn't care about.

That's what I said though.
    It's the login server of DMM. No idea if that would be temporary or not as there is no announcement other than that the server is getting DDoS attack from foreign IP.
    On an other note, the dev announces in this above tweet that they are also banning access from certain country after this maint. Since this is the dev announcing it and they say they are only starting to do so after this maint, I would take it as a new measure from the dev's side, probably on the game server itself.

We will see when we try to disconnect the VPN after maint.

- - - Updated - - -

and nope, I got kicked up as soon as I disable VPN and press something.

Need VPN on the whole time I am playing now.

You guys can try to see if you are having the same experience.

Last edited by 211303; 02-28-2020 at 08:10 AM.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    @211303 Same for me, VPN has to be activated all the time now. We are forced to buy one basically.

Death from above!

Rep
    Mentioned
    2791 Post(s)
    Weehoo. Before it's VPN to get in, now I need VPN to play~ We Iris Myseria level now~

As for ranking, rewards is pretty meh. I doubt there's many who run more than 1 jet per CVB anyway. Unless this is a hint for upcoming Taihou k2/Kaga CVB k2, this month's reward is a ranking sink.

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yep, VPN off results in the connection getting severed. Not gonna lie I'm a bit afraid to use one for gameplay, because I assume the same IP would be used by many other accounts, which may or may not run the risk of a ban.

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Same here - turning off the VPN results in a catbomb.

For the purposes of figuring out if they just blocked one country or blanked-blocked foreign IPs, I'm in Guam this week. Anyone outside the US getting blocked?