Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

[Warship Girls]Operation Boom Shakalaka Annoucement

Operation Boom Shakalaka
    Event start: Soon™

Ex - 1 Palawan Passage ambush battle - Reward HE-119
    Ex - 2 Battle of the Sibuyan Sea - Reward USS Tang
    Ex - 3 The Battle of Cape Engano - Reward F7F Tigercat
    Ex - 4 The Battle of Surigao Strait - Reward F2H Banshee
    Ex - 5 The Battle off Samar - Reward IJN Shinano

Completing above maps will unlock Ex 3 - 5 hard mode, at the same time bonus level Ex - 6 will also be made available. Reward for Ex - 6 is a special avatar.

Ex - 7 The Battle of Cape Engaño (Hard Mode) - Reward Tiny Tim Rocket
    Ex - 8 The Battle of Surigao Strait (Hard Mode) - Reward Pantsu x 10
    Ex - 9 The Battle off Samar (Hard Mode) - Reward Special Avatar

No new ships are offered in hardmode players are encouraged to try your best.

2 Additional player achievements are available for completing normal and hardmode maps

Last edited by pyr0bee; 12-08-2016 at 06:23 AM.

Lieutenant
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just started the event yesterday after coming back from a holiday in a country with little internet access.

Ex-1:
    I went against the RNG on the upper route since I only have three SS, of which only two are at a feasible level. RNG was fair to me this time, getting to the boss node around 40% of the time. Goeben landed the killing blow.

Goeben 100
    Alaska 100
    Wichita-kai 100
    Sirius 100
    Brooklyn-kai 100

Ex-2
    Hood with level 3 speed skill to reduce chances of T-advantage, coupled with Alaska for firepower. The two BCs were necessary in case the boss fleet went with anti-air formation, but in all other cases, good CVs are enough. Enterprise one-shot the boss flagship on my 3rd clear, and also got the boss flagship from full to 10 hp on my last clear before Lexi finished her off. Succeeded on all five attempts, using up around 1k bauxite and less than 10 buckets.

Hood-kai 100
    Alaska 100
    Colossus 69
    Ranger (CVL) 80
    Lexington-kai 100
    Enterprise 100

Ex-3
    Just realised that I put the wrong skill on Hood, so I've been using her crit skill instead of speed skill all this time lol. No time to change her skill, so I went without Hood this time, retreating every time I failed to circumvent one of the first 2 nodes. I started out with 2BB + Eugen + 3CV, but realised that one of the nodes needed max speed to be at least 35, so I switched out Eugen for Yuubari after my first clear. With 19% left on the boss bar, I went into night battle with 3 shots against 4 enemies. My girls hit every enemy except the flagship so I had to clear the boss node a 6th time . Andrea-Doria one-shot the boss with the very first shot on my last clear.

Tirpitz-kai 100
    Eugen-kai 100 / Andrea-Doria-kai 100
    Andrea-Doria-kai 100 / Yuubari-kai 100
    Hornet 100
    Lexington-kai 100
    Enterprise 100

Ex-4
    After getting artillery support, I started out with the 2CV top route, but Enterprise took heavy damage at node I even though I had four slots of fighter planes. I switched to the bottom route by replacing Lexi and Enterprise with Laffey and Inazuma respectively, and managed to down the flagship on first attempt, though my gunships missed the destroyers several times in the end node. Finally, I replaced Inazuma with Helena and cleared the boss node another four times in four attempts.

Tirpitz-kai 100
    Colorado-kai 99
    Andrea-Doria-kai 100
    Hood-kai 100
    Lexington-kai 100 / Laffey-kai 98
    Enterprise 100 / Inazuma-kai 97 / Helena-kai 99

Ex-5
    I went route B using 2BB2DD2BC. I originally started with the 2 DDs at the back, but my first attempt failed to sink the boss because airfields are not affected by torpedoes, so I put the 2DDs in the middle for subsequent rounds. It took me around 12 attempts in total, including 3 to 4 retreats when earlier nodes didn't go in my favour. In the final battle, my girls chipped the flagship down to around 120 hp before Colorado finished her off by dealing 150 damage in night battle.

Tirpitz-kai 100
    Colorado-kai 99
    Hood-kai 100 / Laffey-kai 98
    Alaska 100 / Inazuma-kai 97
    Laffey-kai 98 / Hood-kai 100
    Inazuma-kai 97 / Alaska 100

I'm going to attempt Ex-7 to get Tiny Tim, and perhaps Ex-8 if I have sufficient resources and repairs, but I'm not going to bother with Ex-6 and Ex-9.

Ex-7
    I started with 2BB1CL3CV, but this formation did no damage to the boss at all. I switched to 3BB1DD2CV, and took out half of the boss hp, but it took several tries to get to the boss node, and each attempt required around 1k bauxite with Ranger in the lineup.

There was no choice but to switch Hood's skill to her speed skill and retrain her stats from scratch, so I farmed 6-1A for five hours straight in order to get Hood back to max stats. This resulted in a formation with 1BC2BB1DD2CV:

Hood-kai 100
    Colorado-kai 99
    Andrea-Doria-kai 100
    Laffey-kai 98
    Lexington-kai 100
    Enterprise 100

Even with this lineup, I only made it to the boss node around 10-20% of the time, since one ship would often take medium damage after the earlier nodes, or the circumvention attempt would fail on one of the three nodes.

At this point, Laffey had only 14/37 hp left, but I stopped repairing her since her skill would make her immune to air attacks when she had medium hp. This allowed me to replace her AA gun with a propeller. The next four attempts at boss node, I managed to clear the boss 3 times and half hp once, leaving the level bar with 19% hp - one more clear would do it. The success was attributed to Laffey drawing a lot of fire during the bombing phase at boss node, taking 0 damage each time.

On my 7th attempt, I made it to boss node with T-advantage and only Laffey still at 14/37 hp while all others were green, but the enemy fleet only targetted my three gunships during the bombing phase, leaving Hood and Andrea-Doria with medium damage while Colorado had heavy damage. Needless to say, my girls failed to take out the flagship.

On the 8th attempt, Laffey had the final shot in the night battle and critted the flagship, but left it with 22 hp.

On the 9th attempt, I had four night battle shots against two enemy ships. Hood missed the flagship. Colorado hit the BBV in position 4. Andrea-Doria missed the flagship. Laffey missed the flagship.

On the 10th attempt, I entered boss node with only Laffey with medium damage. The bombing phase left Enterprise and Hood with medium damage, but all others were untouched. During the shelling phase, Laffey finally took a little more damage to go red, but she had done her job. The boss had around 50 hp left entering the second shelling phase, and Hood finished her off.

This is it for me with this event, since Ex-6, Ex-8, and Ex-9 aren't particularly worth the amount of resources that I'll need to expend.

Comparing my before-and-after resources, my steel is reduced by 23k, bauxite by 10k, and buckets by 86. Total expenditure is definitely higher than that since it does not factor in the additional resources that I gained through expeditions during the event.

Good luck with the last few days of the event, everyone!

Last edited by fril; 12-25-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Anyone get 参数错误/parameter error when tried EX-6?

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandaka View Post
    Anyone get 参数错误/parameter error when tried EX-6?
    Make sure you have enough free slots in your barracks before proceeding.

Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @anonymous29

yep, fixed the issue :D