Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 140
  1. #81
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,613
    Rep
    16
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Setakat View Post
    As someone who... dislikes the Crane K2s, is it worthwhile to get the jets for use in LBAS, or should I stick to LBAA?
    The land-based aircrafts are better for bombing (damage) since those have both a torpedo stat as well as a dive bomb stat, whereas the jets only have dive stats. Furthermore, the land-based aircrafts have good to great operational range (8+), while the jets have very poor range (3 or 4). However, the jets have better AA stat than the land-based aircrafts, where the Kikka Kai even has 12 AA (equal to Reppuu Kai and Model 53 Iwamoto). Lastly, with the introduction of jets, there is a new combat phase that occurs even before the LBAS phase. I believe this "jet phase" happens with jets equipped on your CVBs, but I do not know whether the same is applicable when the jets are assigned to your LBAS.


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  2. #82
    Rear-Admiral Raven2k5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,998
    Rep
    17
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Well we'll see how good this thing actually is in the future.... since it apparently works in it's special Jet phase and the normal aerial and bombing phases...... i smell a lot of plane losses already. But since i dont own jets myself i can only talk about hearsay and speculations....

    Also my German engineering senses smell Me 262 coming in the near future and those senses are real since i work in the engineering branch..... well i hope they are coming or else.... (Tanaka please don't let me down on this one) ... i'll look like a damn fool for announcing them....


    Last edited by Raven2k5; 12-12-2016 at 01:57 AM.


    The Evolution

  3. #83
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,613
    Rep
    16
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2k5 View Post
    @Kuropo Well we'll see how good this thing actually is in the future.... since it apparently works in it's special Jet phase and the normal aerial and bombing phases...... i smell a lot of plane losses already. But since i dont own jets myself i can only talk about hearsay and speculations....
    We shall see indeed! I have yet to test it out myself, which I will do in 6-5 and after my finals are over. You can pair those jets up with a Taitei-chan/Catalina to reach 6-5 boss node.
    The best use for the jets in LBAS I can think of, a priori, is to have these jets replace regular fighters in LBAS in sortie mode. But then again, their range severely limits their use.


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  4. #84
    Rear-Admiral Raven2k5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,998
    Rep
    17
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Well if the tradition of max range boss nodes continues in the future, they are usless for LBAS purposes. But maybe Tanaka is generous enough to let them be used in earlier maps.




    The Evolution

  5. #85
    Lieutenant
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Posts
    147
    Rep
    10
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuropo View Post
    The land-based aircrafts are better for bombing (damage) since those have both a torpedo stat as well as a dive bomb stat, whereas the jets only have dive stats. Furthermore, the land-based aircrafts have good to great operational range (8+), while the jets have very poor range (3 or 4). However, the jets have better AA stat than the land-based aircrafts, where the Kikka Kai even has 12 AA (equal to Reppuu Kai and Model 53 Iwamoto). Lastly, with the introduction of jets, there is a new combat phase that occurs even before the LBAS phase. I believe this "jet phase" happens with jets equipped on your CVBs, but I do not know whether the same is applicable when the jets are assigned to your LBAS.
    My (most likely horribly incorrect as bar usual) understanding is than aircraft with mixed attack types such as LBAA use either Torpedo or dive bomb when attacking, not both. With the high dive and AA stats of the jets, I was thinking that they'd be something to aim at annoying preboss nodes (assuming we're allowed to use LBAS on that map).
    If LBAA do use both dive and torpedo in their damage calculations then no point in me getting the Jets since the LBAA will outdamage them.


    LSC Successes: Maruyu 23/6/15, Akitsu Maru 1/7/15, Bismarck 6/7/15, Taihou 10/9/15
    LSC Failure Count: 23

  6. #86
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,613
    Rep
    16
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2k5 View Post
    @Kuropo Well if the tradition of max range boss nodes continues in the future, they are usless for LBAS purposes. But maybe Tanaka is generous enough to let them be used in earlier maps.
    Now that we have jets in KanColle, we might get "real" tanker aircrafts (soon, hopefully), instead of having to use flying boats for the purpose of extending operational range. :O


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  7. #87
    Rear-Admiral Raven2k5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,998
    Rep
    17
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Well that would be pretty neat indeed. :D but seeing that most stuff in this game is somewhat WW2 related i dont think we'll see proper tanker aicrafts..... but knowing Tanaka and Kdkw even that might be a possibility in the future!




    The Evolution

  8. #88
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,613
    Rep
    16
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Setakat View Post
    My (most likely horribly incorrect as bar usual) understanding is than aircraft with mixed attack types such as LBAA use either Torpedo or dive bomb when attacking, not both. With the high dive and AA stats of the jets, I was thinking that they'd be something to aim at annoying preboss nodes (assuming we're allowed to use LBAS on that map).
    If LBAA do use both dive and torpedo in their damage calculations then no point in me getting the Jets since the LBAA will outdamage them.
    Yes, I believe it is correct that the LBAAs cannot perform both dive and torpedo bombing in the same run. LBAA dive bomb will only be performed against installation type enemies though.
    These jets might indeed be good replacements for LBAAs if their range is not a problem.
    We still don't know about their consumption though, compared to LBAAs.

    Keep in mind that I have not delved into the LBAS mechanisms deeply though. Correct me if I'm wrong. :O

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2k5 View Post
    @Kuropo Well that would be pretty neat indeed. :D but seeing that most stuff in this game is somewhat WW2 related i dont think we'll see proper tanker aicrafts..... but knowing Tanaka and Kdkw even that might be a possibility in the future!
    I'm fine with not ever getting proper tanker aircrafts in the game, as long as they don't create horribly long maps again.. :/
    Although I'm an advocate of "challenging" events, long maps deduct all fun from this game, with high consumptions, long sorties (therefore more time consuming), high potential retreat rate, 0 evasion at boss node, 0 damage at boss node, "p2w" Hayasui barrels "mandatory". Nope, not again please.


    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

  9. #89
    Rear-Admiral Raven2k5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,998
    Rep
    17
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Well the problem with all this stuff is, how is kdkw going to satisfy newcomers, veterans/long time players and whales alike. I think giving the option of choosing your difficulty was a big move in the right direction. But even so, there is probably more than enough people who go hardmode even if it's way too advanced for them and if they dont make it, they are dissatisfied with the game.

    But i agree with you on the fact that creating long ass maps, that can only be cleared by pay to win strats on hardmode is not the way to go. If they go too hardcore with hardmode difficulty, even veterans will get offended.... balancing that stuff is really complicated. So i can forgive some of their past mishaps. But like i said, they shouldn't slack too much or go overboard!

    Damnit i just noticed this is way off Topic... sorry about that. xD


    Last edited by Raven2k5; 12-12-2016 at 03:29 AM.


    The Evolution

  10. #90
    Vice-Admiral Kuropo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,613
    Rep
    16
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2k5 View Post
    @Kuropo Well the problem with all this stuff is, how is kdkw going to satisfy newcomers, veterans/long time players and whales alike. I think giving the option of choosing your difficulty was a big move in the right direction. But even so, there is probably more than enough people who go hardmode even if it's way too advanced for them and if they dont make it, they are dissatisfied with the game.

    But i agree with you on the fact that creating long ass maps, that can only be cleared by pay to win strats on hardmode is not the way to go. If they go too hardcore with hardmode difficulty, even veterans will get offended.... balancing that stuff is really complicated. So i can forgive some of their past mishaps. But like i said, they shouldn't slack too much or go overboard!
    The couple of events before Spring 2016 were a bit too easy to clear imo, then suddenly came the "long ass maps".. Although I had burned through some p2w barrels, which I wouldn't have used otherwise anyway, I got the final kill on Spring 2016 E-7 without Hayasui. Summer 2016 E-4 was cleared completely without sortieing Hayasui though. Anyway, I suppose those long maps are good for "taking Hayasui out".. :o She is kinda useless otherwise.
    Although these maps took me significantly less attempts to clear than Summer 2014 E-5 (70 attempts), those were a lot more frustrating ones, for the reasons I mentioned before.
    I think Summer 2015 was the most "successful" one in terms of balancing fun and difficulty, especially with the introduction of aircraft proficiency and air battle nodes. I somewhat miss the latter too. Recently, it seems to have been replaced by air strike nodes since its introduction.

    I should indeed quit this off-topic conversation (and go to sleep anyway).. :O


    Last edited by Kuropo; 12-12-2016 at 03:45 AM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

    Hello!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 7.41%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Thread / Post Bookmarks provided by Thread / Post Bookmarking v1.1.1pl1 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Live Threads provided by AJAX Threads (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com