Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Exclamation Kancolle Kai to cease all production of game on January 2017

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/15...-january-2017/

As you can probably note from the Article here, Kancolle Kai is no longer going to be sold Physically or Digitally via PSV on January 2017. The reasons as to why have not been explained. But one can assume that despite the early sales, the game probably didn't sell well as intended. Since an old article once suggested that KanColle Kai would likely sell 500k units on the first week.

It sold only a little over a quarter of that. And after Iowa was revealed, game sales diminished more as far as I can tell. The game also stopped updating after two updates which was a clear sign that something was wrong.

So for anyone that has been wanting to get ahold of the Vita game, you best get to it as soon the game will be a rare item that will only be sold by second hand users after January.

Best to give the heads up now before you regret it.

Last edited by Totaku; 12-15-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind!

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8287 Post(s)
    Welp, there goes the existence of Canal Hime.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)

Newly Registered ShinigamiRikko's Avatar
    IGN
    Rikko Shini
    Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that they shouldnt make Kancolle Kai for a "low" Popularity device like the PSV. I am sure if they would make it for PS3 or PS4 they would have gotten alot more Buyers especially from overseas.

We lose what is certain when we seek what is uncertain.

Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2549 Post(s)
    I'm sure that the lack of updates killed the game, like how do you expect people to buy it and keep playing when there is absolutely no more updates while browser version keeps getting more all the time.
    @ShinigamiRikko Implying they would make it available overseas when even the browser game is not.
    Also Vita seems to doing decently on japan so there is that.

Also @Totaku there is a typo on the title :v

Rep
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid Well I wouldn't count her out.... she's bound to appear in the browser version in due time... but it'll be whenever they decide to do a theme centering around invading the Panama Canal.

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind!

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3775 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomzai View Post
    @ShinigamiRikko Implying they would make it available overseas when even the browser game is not.
    Also Vita seems to doing decently on japan so there is that.
    Objection dismissed : the Android version has no region lock.

Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2549 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Not localized/translated, heck off my dude.

Newly Registered ShinigamiRikko's Avatar
    IGN
    Rikko Shini
    Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @Tomzai I understand your point, but even discounting overseas. The Vita is one of the "failures" of the Sony systems, I have/had pretty much every Sony system since I was a child and the PSP and PSV dont come close to the level of Nintendo. This is my personal bias of course.

Last edited by ShinigamiRikko; 12-15-2016 at 02:35 PM.

We lose what is certain when we seek what is uncertain.

Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2549 Post(s)
    @ShinigamiRikko It's doing decently in japan but everywhere else it's a failure. I get that.

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7809 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiRikko View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that they shouldnt make Kancolle Kai for a "low" Popularity device like the PSV. I am sure if they would make it for PS3 or PS4 they would have gotten alot more Buyers especially from overseas.
    Vita as a console has significantly better sales in japan.
    In fact it has several weeks with new game launches it sells more than the 3DS and has for years, the vita in Japan is incredibly popular. Since most Japanese companies don't care about overseas sales they have no issue releasing to a popular device in their own country.
    [+] Spoiler
    The Vita/3DS sales wise in japan is similiar to the PS/Xbox sales in the west honestly.

It's unpopularity in the west is because.. nobody likes handheld consoles? The only reason the Vita has to not sell in the west is because of the stupidly overpriced memory cards. When you sell them $2 per GB of save data... it's way too expensive.
    Any other complaints fall flat. "It's too weeby" is contradiction to "Well 3DS has only weeby games and indie shit too.." Vita actually has more typical western-style games than the 3DS it's just not many due to it's poor western sales.. which again is because it's expensive to purchase+get memory for.
    It's kinda funny because the Vita-versions ports of games are superior in some cases. Disgaea 4 has the $200-odd worth of DLC the PS3 has.. for free and comes with the game for example. It's all "complete editions" of games when ports too with extras. I do agree the attitude of porting them to the PS4 lately that has come up is a good move by companies though, it'll help get stuff brought over so I can't complain. Just sad they can't use it as an excuse to release the original vita-version too.

Then again I only own like 10 games for the 3DS because it's just literally filled with guttertrash and games I don't care about. 3 are EO games, 3 are Pokemon games. Another game I got the Vita sequel is vastly superior...

TL;DR Vita's just expensive... which to the Japanese isn't as big an issue as it is to westerners, considering that you get two anime episodes on a DVD for 4000 yen or something. As a console it's just flat out better than the 3DS but eh. It's just that price+branding gets you everywhere in this commercial world.

Kind of surprised they released and ditched the game. I think with all the issues and delays actually getting it released in the first place this goes beyond just sales and has definitely something to do with developer/production issues. It's a shame because overall the game is not a bad game, it just visually has some really ugly moments (such as sadly, combat which is a significant part of the game) and the live2D models are kinda wonky for some girls.
    Visually was the only bad part though, the gameplay was a bit more indepth than the browser and there abyssal ship are used to much better variety, I think every one up to the point of it's release is in the game at least for one stage, and it has somewhere along 3x as many worlds to clear than the browser version, on top of it not being locked to real-time in opt for turns makes the game different but work really well mechanically. Lots to do in it it's just... yeah, a bit on the ugly side and never got updated with new girls. It's like a time capsule from this time last year + Iowa.

Last edited by KotoNano; 12-15-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Two things will never happen:
    Yuzuki getting added or Kagero-class K2.