Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Winter2017 event has begun and will end on 28th, Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
    Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Angry Any good wiki beside wikia?

Look like wikia.com force me to see their ads, sadly i dont want to disable my adblock. I choose to quit them.
    So, there is any good kc wiki beside that site?

p/s: what about u guys? disable adblock for view it or quit?

Never forget 28/11/2014, RIP my girls:
    Kumano Kai 56.
    Kiso Kai Ni 70.
    Yuudachi Kai Ni 75.
    Fubuki Kai 80.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1518 Post(s)
    @Opeth007 Some people use this one: http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki

Though if you can read any bit of Japanese at all I would suggest http://wikiwiki.jp/kancolle/

2 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    @Opeth007

Are you referring to the "fandom" section at the sidebar?
    I've never seen wikia requiring you to disable your ad-block when I went there, however the fandom section is not blocked by adblock and requires some extra steps to disable. You can do that through the adblock itself and treating the fandom section as an ad to block.

五月雨 124/155
    Twitch (Inactive)

"The more lazy efficient it makes me, the better it is!"

Rep
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    What kind of adblock filter subscriptions do you use? Try to have the subscriptions:
    - EasyList
    - Adblock Warning Removal List
    - EasyPrivacy
    - Untick the box saying "allow some non-intrusive advertising" or something similar to that

I had the same problem as before and had only the first two subscriptions, adding the third one pretty much solved it for me. I'm on Firefox BTW, hopefully it'll work on Chrome or whatever browser you use.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Married:
    Choukai (2016/09/03), Ooyodo (2016/12/24)
    Will Marry: Haruna (Lv.98), Kumano (Lv.96)

Lieutenant
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If you have a wikia account (its free), you can disable ads in your account preferences. Apart from Fandom (which is an inbuilt semi-ad service, and rather low key) it removes virtually all ads.

Alternatively, find an anti-anti adblocker to block the site from telling you to disable your adblock (you can see the direction this ad/adblock/anti adblock war is going) or a rather obscure adblocker. Most anti adblock systems target only the major adblockers.

LSC Successes: Maruyu 23/6/15, Akitsu Maru 1/7/15, Bismarck 6/7/15, Taihou 10/9/15
    LSC Failure Count: 23

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    @Drantai Wikia itself started by first graying then straight up started blacking out the page if it detects Ad block (this does not show up if your a registered contributor for some reason, I had to log out to see what all the fuss was about last week on the Skyrim wiki) .But they reverted to the floating bottom banner asking to unblock a couple of days later. Given it seems to have happend to several pages on the wiki I suspect its from the owners of Wikia in general not the individual game Wikis.

Also Taboola and (Ironically) Fandom are already white listed by Adblock.

that said if money is actually a problem then I don't know how to fix that.

Rep
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    The Wikia used to be great, now it's like cancer. I'm not sure what changes they did, but it tend to crash my browser pretty frequently, I just stop going there. It's not the fault of the Kancolle Wikia community, it's the Wikia itself that being a problem, other games in the Wikia also giving me the same problem. Also if you are a Wikia article contributor, you probably already know that Wikia is notorious can be one sided and make major changes and destroy everyone's hard work wikis.

I've been using what @Kalinsre are using and other JP wikis myself.

It's really a shame they have a great community in Kancolle Wikia too. They deserve a better place.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4314 Post(s)
    @Opeth007 The one Kalin linked is the alternative KC wiki that isn't burdened by any ads. It's too bad, the wikia is quite good but just let down by the platform.