Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    @Kuropo I joined in late April so not too long after the server started.

Do you remember that guy who used to rank 1 every month? Then he changed his status to "out of money" in Japanese and then disappeared lol

Rank 1 doesn't really feel that bad but it depends on whether or not someone decides to race you that month because that could make the difference between having to do 8k versus having to do 14k+ and that's pretty much the most annoying thing. I feel like 5~20 is doable pretty casually on 10 points an hour but if you're going for that rank 1, you actually have to play efficiently and rotate fleets instead of just slowgrinding.

In any case, I'm not going to be able to just plop my butt in front of a computer all day anymore but dunno, still kinda want to try eventually.

Last edited by Jifaru; 12-29-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jifaru View Post
    @Kuropo I joined in late April so not too long after the server started.

Do you remember that guy who used to rank 1 every month? Then he changed his status to "out of money" in Japanese and then disappeared lol

Rank 1 doesn't really feel that bad but it depends on whether or not someone decides to race you that month because that could make the difference between having to do 8k versus having to do 14k+ and that's pretty much the most annoying thing. I feel like 5~20 is doable pretty casually on 10 points an hour but if you're going for that rank 1, you actually have to play efficiently and rotate fleets instead of just slowgrinding.

In any case, I'm not going to be able to just plop my butt in front of a computer all day anymore but dunno, still kinda want to try eventually.
    Yeah, I used to check the top 10 regularly and saw the same guy constantly at the top of the list for the first few months. I cannot read Japanese, so I just assumed he got banned for botting. :d I believe there was a pretty big ban wave during that time too. But I have always wondered where those people got their money and time from... :O

It is indeed not too bad to grind for a spot in the top 20, but I have found myself being distracted too much while grinding 5-4/playing KanColle, especially since the end of last year. Also, grinding that hard costs me more resources than I can gain, whereas I now (slowly) stockpile while grinding for the lowest bracket rewards.

The fights for rank 1 indeed seem to be either tough battles until the end or everyone else giving up on being number 1 early, as it is now.

Scrolling through the ranking lists, I still recognize a couple of names, such as Antonio, kaien M, ClariS, and Demonist. However, I've seen many of my "old rivals" dropping out of top 100 (like myself now) and even top 500. Only a handful of players that have been in ranked quite consistently since the first months still remain in the top 500, with names including Ailes Grises, SPEEDBOYA, whitemz, Hedgehog, and two - out (and myself :D). The one I'm "missing" most is qbniceboat. That guy very often was on the same page as I was.

Lastly, you've probably long noticed someone called kurepo in the rankings. That player had been one spot above or below me a couple of times. =P And I assume ktkr8 in the rankings is the equally named person on this forum? What about mikan? =P

PS. How many hours have you ground for on average per day? I sortie around 5 times an hour to 5-4, if I am playing somewhat actively. I only swap out my shipgirls who are on the edge of being moderately damaged and have them be repaired by Akashi overnight. After having played this game for nearly 3 years, I still have 2 repair slots. :/

Last edited by Kuropo; 12-29-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    @Kuropo I pretty much do the same as you, except I do have 4 repair slots which I use to rotate subs for some extra senka. I aim for about 10 points an hour which is honestly pretty lazy. Iwakawa's always been pretty slow. I think 100 is pretty easy to do on just 80-100 points a day. That's like 4 hours of not being lazy.

But yeah a lot of old faces got banned or quit after last year.

Rep
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Jifaru @Kuropo Wow you guys are ranking veterans! I'm playing since early 2014 in Iwakawa and i only tried to rank one time. During that one time i've only been going to work, playing kancolle and WoWs (back when i played it daily) and nothing else..... in the end i didnt even manage to get into top 500 lol xD. Looks like im just not hardcore enough. Well i have 8 masochist medals, maybe that counts for something..... Oh well.... the Kancolle ride never ends! :D

Last edited by Raven2k5; 12-30-2016 at 04:08 AM.

The Evolution

Rep
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jifaru View Post
    @Kuropo I pretty much do the same as you, except I do have 4 repair slots which I use to rotate subs for some extra senka. I aim for about 10 points an hour which is honestly pretty lazy. Iwakawa's always been pretty slow. I think 100 is pretty easy to do on just 80-100 points a day. That's like 4 hours of not being lazy.

But yeah a lot of old faces got banned or quit after last year.
    80-100 points in 4 hours requires quite active playing though, since a full 5-4 sortie takes 6-7 minutes and an S rank at the boss node yields slightly more than 2 admiral points.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven2k5 View Post
    @Jifaru @Kuropo Wow you guys are ranking veterans! I'm playing since early 2014 in Iwakawa and i only tried to rank one time. During that one time i've only been going to work, playing kancolle and WoWs (back when i played it daily) and nothing else..... in the end i didnt even manage to get into top 500 lol xD. Looks like im just not hardcore enough. Well i have 8 masochist medals, maybe that counts for something..... Oh well.... the Kancolle ride never ends! :D
    There is no need to get into ranked to become a "successful" teitoku. :) It takes quite a bit of your time for just a couple pieces of equipment, which usually become available for the masses nonetheless. I think having 8 "maso medals" is a pretty good feat already. ^_^ I almost ended up giving up on those medals for Iowa and Warspite..

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Zayinas
    Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    maybe i should ask for ranking advice since i can only manage around 15-ish points per hour 60-70 in four hours