Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Winter2017 event has begun and will end on 28th, Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Post Interview with Tanibe Yumi - Voice of the Shiratsuyus, Yura and Commandant Teste

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Tani...e_Style_Vol._3

I thought the perfect way to kick off the new year is by putting together and start off a series of articles I've been busy trying to gather and put together and bring in a bunch of people some people to assist in translating them. Cause let's be serious. People tend to forget, there's more to KanColle then just the game itself.

So for today I've got together an interview with Tanibe Yumi, Seiyuu of some of the early Shiratsuyu sisters, Yura, and Commandant Teste. We get to learn a good deal about her participating in live event ceremonies as well as her playing experience in the game.

Special thanks goes to Admiral Mikado for the hard work on the article!

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind!

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I wonder if her playing is actually true or just something they decided to toss in to make her cooler?

If she does really play that much, that's totally awesome.

Rep
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    @Hailene Well it's known offically that Saki Fujita plays the game and is often praised by the devs almost every event. So it's not surprising if someone like Tanibe Yumi (who's background history is more of a mystery) does this kind of stuff to. I believe there are a few of them who actively play the game as are the artists are also known for doing this.

Rep
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    I'm currently reading through the translated interview. Thanks for the work! ^_^

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3701 Post(s)
    She actually thought going 6-5 for fishing is a good idea?!

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing

Rep
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    @Laisy In my book it varies. Knowing how a person like Tanibe Yumi is like, she may have been under a rather strict schedule at the time.

Think about it, during this time, the movie wasn't out yet, so she may have needed to work on some lines for Yuudachi.

She was also preparing for the going to the Saury Festival in Yokohama so she could, cook fish, hold a panel meeting, sing the Kanmusu Ondo song, AND perform the dance associated with the song. (Which BTW, I STILL have not found anyone who has performed the dance since it was taught on site. ;_;)

And also she was practicing on her French all at the same time so she could be able to deliver Commandant Teste's lines.

A Seiyuu's schedule is somewhat busy, and from the interview, Tanibe Yumi is also a relaxed skilled player at best (since she got to 6-5, but as she mentions, she struggled at stockpiling resources)

So there's a chance she may have went to 6-5 out of desperation. But I gotta admit, she has guts to to pull off what she did and successfully succeed.
    From my personal experience playing 6-5 during the Saury Festival, it yielded a very high drop rate. So I was raking in fish almost every run there I did.

Last edited by Totaku; 01-01-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    She did learn French on the fly or a l'arrache like French would say. That makes me a little more forgiving even tho I have not the slightest idea on the availability of french language teachers.

Rep
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    It's quite a coincidence that Murasame's level in her base is the same as mine.
    But it certainly is quite gutsy of her to challenge the Peacock Island months ago just to unlock the fishing spot for sauries, since I was still licking my wounds from the Spring Event back then.

Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).