Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event has ended. Check the event threads for more info.
Bookmark Thread
    Captain
    Rep
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)

Jet Planes vs Installation Bosses

I didn't find any discussion about this between the release of jet planes until now. At least, on Himeuta, Wikia, or the Kancollewiki. It's possible I might have overlooked it and failed lurking class.

So, uh, these jet planes function like fighter bombers, and because of gameplay mechanic (that doesn't make much sense), CVs with dive bombers cannot target installation bosses.

Does that include opening airstrikes for jet planes? I just did 3-5 for that New Years questline, and, uh... my jet planes attacked Hoppou during the jet opening phase. For 1 damage, sure, but they still attacked Hoppou (Shoukaku and Zuikaku did not during the shelling phase, which makes sense. Not really, but yeah).

Here, the replay. Download it and play it using this link. Should be obvious, but it's node F.

IGN
    Zayinas
    Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    isnt the reason that only Torpedo Bombers can attack Instalations because the japanese navy only ever equiped the anti-instalation bombs onto torpedo bombers Planes that became torpedo bombers in Kancolle

dont remember where i heard it though

Rep
    Mentioned
    4504 Post(s)
    @Fazel Dive bombers can damage installations in opening but not shelling. Torpedo bombers are the opposite.

Captain
    Rep
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    @Adraste Hmm, assuming it's true, why did they turn into torp bombers when something like anti-installation bombs are more of a dive bomber's role? Because of the success of torp bombers whereas the disappointment of dive bombers? Either way, interesting.

@Leyana Okay, yeah. That was something I never knew. Thank you.

IGN
    Tedster59
    Server
    Shortland
    Rep
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    @Fazel the torpedo bombers could carry a 800kg bomb load, vs the 500kg a suisei or 250kg a val could carry.