Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event has ended. Check the event threads for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    The Sub-comp isn't meant to S-clear or even A-clear the boss node right?

My effort to try to clear 5-4 (not for ranking) started with my fleet of 4 common SSs at 99Lv + 70-ish I-401 & Ro, didn't even get close to A-clearing

Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 126/155, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10

Rep
    Mentioned
    4504 Post(s)
    @kazenorin A is possible depending on your luck and how well equipped your subs are. S is the luck of gods.

IGN
    Tedster59
    Server
    Shortland
    Rep
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    @kazenorin If you're just trying to clear, just run a surface fleet, it's much more consistent. S ranks with subs require good RNG (and often green T)

Newly Registered LovelyIcecreamPrincess's Avatar
    IGN
    Shinobu
    Server
    Parao Hakuchi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hello, I want to try and rank this month, top 500, and was looking around for some pointers until I found this, is 5-4 the map that gives the most experience? and I am currently clearing 6-5 so after that should I focus on repeating this map? I am more inclined to 6 subs since I have lots of subs and 4 docks so I can rotate easily and I have like 80k baux so I am worried about the event since it is close, how many clears should I do per day? Thanks

Rep
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyIcecreamPrincess View Post
    Hello, I want to try and rank this month, top 500, and was looking around for some pointers until I found this, is 5-4 the map that gives the most experience? and I am currently clearing 6-5 so after that should I focus on repeating this map? I am more inclined to 6 subs since I have lots of subs and 4 docks so I can rotate easily and I have like 80k baux so I am worried about the event since it is close, how many clears should I do per day? Thanks
    Map 5-4 does not yield the highest admiral experience/points, but it is the best map to gain said points (fairly) consistently and probably where the points gain per hour is the highest.
    With 80k bauxite, you should definitely not worry about running low on it for the event. My bauxite count is at 70k+ and I am 100% confident it it is more than enough to clear the event on hard. Either you or the devs have to pull something crazy for you to run out of it, especially in a small scale event.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Shinobu
    Server
    Parao Hakuchi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Thanks, then i'ill try to make the carrier runs 2 hehe, hope I can make it to top 500

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4374 Post(s)
    @LovelyIcecreamPrincess You are in Palau server, right? To estimate how many runs you need, knowing which server you are in is important, as different server's 500th line differs a lot.

Something you can take in mind is the past ranking records, which you can find here. We can use the 500 line in Jan/2016 as a reference point. Top 500 is 1636 for Palao in Jan/2016. Since then, the only change in ranking is the addition of 6-5, so adding 250 from 6-5 to that, and then another 100 as buffer, and you got an estimated line you should aim for. (About 2000 in this case). If you clear all EOs, you get 1030 bonus points, which means you need another 1000 from daily, weekly, and 5-4.

As for the choice of surface/sub fleet, it really depends on how much resources you have, and if you are actively training some ships. I personally go for a 1:1 ratio of surface fleet and sub fleet, since almost all my CAs, CVs and BBs reach 99, and I want to save buckets and bauxite. This is a typical consumption of a day's sortie for your reference:
    [+] Spoiler

My surface fleet consists of a wildcard flagship, 1FBB, 2 Unryuu class, 1 CA, and 1 CAV, while my sub fleet is a mix of SSV and SS. None of the ships are married. I don't use any buckets on subs, and only sortie my surface fleet when the repairing dock is full.

Last edited by 211303; 01-17-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyIcecreamPrincess View Post
    @Kuropo Thanks, then i'ill try to make the carrier runs 2 hehe, hope I can make it to top 500
    You are welcome! ^_^

Also, you can save quite a decent amount of bauxite by equipping more and better fighters on your CVs. While people here have suggested to equip multiple bombers on the CVs, I recommend to gain as much air power as possible. With the exact composition in one of my previous posts here, each sortie uses up around 70 bauxite, whereas it would be doubled (around 170-200, I believe) with 2 bombers and 1 fighter equipped on each CV.

The composition I have posted is probably also the most common one for 5-4 grinds (along with full submarine fleet). Hence, you may (have) frequently encounter(ed) almost identical fleet compositions as "mine" in PvP/exercises.

PS. As stated before, I do not sortie full submarine fleets to 5-4 though. However, I do recommend it if you are very serious about ranking. Though even with only my given surface fleet composition, it is possible to get into top 20 "fairly easily" (on my server) without hurting your resources count too much.

Last edited by Kuropo; 01-17-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Shinobu
    Server
    Parao Hakuchi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Ok, ill try your comp today and see how it goes, I want to get better planes but i have 6 reppus 8 shiden kai2 and the cool exclusives from graff and last event so I feel fine, bombers i have some of the quests rewards and event rewards with unryuus and the black haired unryuu ones, I dont focus on new planes rioght now since I want good AA cut in equipment cause I finnaly have enough akizu dd to sortie on event maps and I was always trolled by Wo class. Also I wanted to get my CA some decent guns since I alreeady finished my BB gun upgrades except for 41 since they are so expensive.

IGN
    Tedster59
    Server
    Shortland
    Rep
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    @211303 I'd personally add 250 points to the 2016 values to be safe because 6-5 didn't exist then.