Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Japanese character encoding

Hi,

May I know what happened to the character encoding? I used to be able to view Japanese text on this forum fine but after going on a hiatus for 4 months, my browser doesn't seem to recognise it anymore.

I can read Japanese text fine on other sites like I always do, it's just this forum that has this problem.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    On the lower left of the forum page there is a dropdown menu. Try choosing UTF8 and see if it helps.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinsre View Post
    On the lower left of the forum page there is a dropdown menu. Try choosing UTF8 and see if it helps.
    It doesn't. I only have 2 options: UTF-8 EN and English (US)

What's the difference between UTF-8 EN and UTF-8? UTF-8 in the past works wonders, this UTF-8 EN doesn't.

Also, this forum have a tendency to not register my spacebar when I quote someone. Always have to cut the quote, reload the page, and then it works normally again. Is there some kind of problem here?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    @Jiharo What browser are you using and what encoding are you using for the browser? Just want to gather more info on this. Thanks.

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinsre View Post
    @Jiharo What browser are you using and what encoding are you using for the browser? Just want to gather more info on this. Thanks.
    Chrome.

UTF-8, Shift-JIS, whatever that can let me read Japanese text fine on all other Japanese sites i visit.

Also the quoting function disables the spacebar issue. Is it my browser or is there something wrong with it?

Lieutenant
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    UTF8-EN allows the Japanese characters to show fine for me at any rate.

Also seconding the spacebar quote issue. If the spacebar is at the end of the text, it won't work, but as long as there a character to the right of the cursor, it'll work.
    Can replicate in Chrome on both Windows and OSX.

LSC Successes: Maruyu 23/6/15, Akitsu Maru 1/7/15, Bismarck 6/7/15, Taihou 10/9/15
    LSC Failure Count: 23