Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Coming back after ....

I stopped playing Kancolle basically right after the event before last only returning long enough to power through the latest event (on easy). Now, I want to get back into Kantai proper. What quest should I be aiming for? I know that Fighter Jet?s are here and have some quest. I also saw something about unlocking a landbase for 6-x?

Rep
    Mentioned
    4230 Post(s)
    @DavsNewG The land base isn't that important unless you plan on clearing 6-4 and 6-5.

As for the jets... you have to do some pretty damned annoying pre-requisite. Like the S rank 6-3 quest. Other than that... you can get a Type 2 Seaplane fighter and a large Daihatsu from quests now. Those are pretty useful.

If you hurry, you have 4 hours to get a Shiun from the new year's quests.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    @DavsNewG: To add to what Leyana said, definitely work on some of the newer quests which provide equipment. Those seaplane fighters come in handy. I'd have at least two if not 3 or even 4. The construction crews for 6-4/6-5 can wait until you want to clear those maps/after next event though ultimately you will want to get the construction crews. Need at least 1 LBAS for 6-5 IMO and it sure helps for 6-4.

There are also some arsenal quests which provide more LBAS planes which you might want/need. As for jets, I got the one (can only be used on CVB which require a prototype catapult - i.e Shoukaku Kai Ni A and Zuikaku Kai Ni A along with LBAS but the range sucks), but I'm not sure how useful they really are at this point to be honest. Some (worth doing the quest for sure), but the Jet Keiun Kai is expensive to build so I've put that off right or wrong. Others can give you a better idea on jets.

@Leyana: Yep. Didn't have a Shiun so chose that as my reward.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4230 Post(s)
    @goesto11 The Kikka is a mashup of a Suisei 12A and a Reppu Kai so definitely useful. Difference being it gets the proficiency bonus for a bomber instead of a fighter so no +25 AP. Jets are better than torpedo bombers because they strike twice in the opening and they get to use the DB calculation for shelling.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    @Leyana: True and it's definitely worth getting, but the comments I read had mixed impressions. Beneficial, but not that great (so I guess props to devs for balancing?). Another issue as I recall is that jets have better chance of being shot down due to all the phases they participate. Don't get me wrong, I'd do the quests and get the Kikka though I'd rather have it get the fighter bonus rather than DB bonus for skill rank. To be fair, the DB bonus is consistent with how skill works for Type 62 Fighter-Bomber. Another factor to consider is that jets have long range as well (in contrast to low combat radius).

Jet Keiun Kai is a tougher decision IMO. Has the best dive bomb stat (15 which is 2 better than Suisei Egusa) and you get Type 0 M52 AA (6), but have to build it and it's NOT cheap AT ALL. If you figure no guarantee to +6, get away with no guarantee at +7, but use guarantee for +8 to +10 and definitely guarantee for conversion, that's 86 improvement materials! >_<

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help! I managed to finish all except for the last of new years quest and am currently working on the newer quest.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4230 Post(s)
    @goesto11 They do go against fleet AA twice but unless against something like Tsu or AA Hime, fleet AA is laughable. Besides, your jets are bombers and they should be in the largest slot.

Keiun Kai is definitely a 'if you're rich and have nothing else better to do' proposition. It's nice to have but not something to prioritise.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    @DavsNewG: You're welcome :D
    @Leyana: Thanks.