Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)

Event Discussion: 固なる異邦の守護者(★4 Caernarfon Castle Event)

JP Wiki

It is a drop event with a Plains bonus. Complete the map to have a chance for a castle to drop. If they do not drop, the next completion has a higher chance of dropping. Difficulty does not affect drop rates or rarities as far as we know. Only the event map itself affects the drop rarity. The easier maps (E-1, E-2) are much less likely to drop the ☆4 units, and the harder maps (E-3+) almost only ever drop ☆4.
    The chance brackets are
    1~2 Slightly increased chance
    3~7 Increased chance
    8+ Greatly increased chance

Rewards are
    ★4 Castell Caernarfon (Caernarfon Castle)

Skill: Increase Recovery by 30
    Stratagem: For 10 seconds, all damage taken by castles is divided to all castles. 50 second cooldown

★2 Castell Conwy (Conwy Castle)

Skill: Increases HP and DEF of warehouses in range by 2x

E-1:
    Special Mission: Complete without gigantifying (any difficulty)
    Reward: 5000 Gold

All the enemies come from the bottom left. Biggest concern for a new player or a 0-gigantify clear might be that armoured archer who will start attacking 1 while being out of range.

E-2:
    Special Mission: Complete without taking any damage on Tono (any difficulty)
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kai-ichi]

The majority of units come from the bottom left again. A few flyers come from the top left and swoop in on A. Decently leveled ranged units at 2 and 4, upgrading against the armoured archers, and some melee units at 3 and 10 to stop anything that gets by should be enough. One of the armoured archers and the boss goes 6-building-12 I believe, so she may get away from your ranged units if they're weaker attackers like bows.

E-3:
    Special Mission: Complete without losing any warehouses (any difficulty)
    Reward: Byakusen [Kai-ichi]

Round 1, all units come from the bottom right. Two ranged units up front should be enough to take care of things. Crossbows can tank well, and archers can take care of the flying units that accompany the ground units. C might be in danger if your unit at 19 doesn't shoot them down fast enough. I prefer a bow here. 16 is a bit far from the fork, so some upgrades might be necessary if you're not using a gun/cannon to range things well. If things get through, a melee unit at 12 can stop them.

Round 2, some more units come from the bottom left and a couple of flyers from the top left. A melee unit at 1 protects A while a ranged unit at 7 protects B. The biggest threat on the ground are the armoured archers as they do a lot of DPS. From the air, the multihit flying archers come in, and they can burst down a weak ranged unit so be prepared to upgrade or have more defenses.

E-4
    Reward: Byakusen [Kai-ichi]

This map has a lot of Knights which have a ton of defense, especially on Hard. Utsunomiya and Fukushima are very good here. Matsumoto is a very good castle here as well as Crossbows have high base attack and her stratagem deals a lot of damage to counter the defense. A high damage gun is strong as well.

A melee unit is required at 8 to protect A. The leaves at the beginning will likely range it when they go through the middle too, so another unit at 7, possibly with ranged support at 6/11 is good.
    3/5 and 12/15 can help take out a lot of the Knights as they approach. Near the very end, two knights come in from the back sides which can be difficult to take out quickly.

E-5
    Reward: Tsubasa [Kai-ichi]

This map has a rather large number of units, particularly fast hammer rabbits, Knights, flyers, and such, which come in packs together, which can make it somewhat difficult to deal with at once.

I recommend starting with a melee unit at 9, a ranged at 4, and then a melee at 14. The first set of rabbits walks down mid and need to be slowed down/killed there. Some walk up the top left and 4 should take care of it. Then some attack C and you need a melee at 14 to protect that. You probably want additional melee support at 12 since everything has so much defense, 9 likely won't solo it all. I recommend additional ranged support at 7 to protect A and for the other flyers that come through.

You can get away with protecting D with a token at 19 while you have a strongly upgraded ranged at 18 and 17.

My overall setup was
    9: Sword - Shuri
    4: Magic - Utsunomiya
    12: Shield - Caernarfon
    14: Hammer - Nagoya
    8: Healer - Oosaka
    18: Crossbow - Matsumoto
    7: Bow - Sunpu
    17: Gun - Sakamoto

I put my Magic at 4 and Crossbow at 18 but they could probably be swapped just fine.

Healer probably isn't absolutely necessary. Additional damage from Fukushima or a supporting Gun at 8 or 13 would probably be good as well.
    14 doesn't need to be as great a castle as Nagoya, but something with decent defenses (i.e. not a spear) is best as the rabbit hammers attack quickly, and the knights do decently high damage.

I used a Bow at 7 to help take out the extra flying enemies and stragglers that Magic at 4 couldn't finish, especially the flying enemies since Magic isn't too great at anti-air.
    A gun at 17 was basically just to take care of whatever walked into 20-19 to protect D.

E-6
    Special Mission: Complete without losing any warehouses (any difficulty)
    Reward: Castell Caernarfon
    Special Mission 2 : Complete without losing any warehouses (hard only)
    Reward: ★3プリトウェン +3 (Shield)

@Geirhildr 's clear is a good setup for this map.
    A Shield at 11 to block, a decently tanky melee at 2 to protect A, and a ki generator castle at 22 to protect D. 22 is fairly safe, especially if your ranged at 20 is strong.
    Magic at 6 with a few upgrades can help ranged enemies that get stopped at 11. 9 with more upgrades can help too, but she's also good for the stragglers that go north. I used a healer at 10 to keep my Shield healthy. As a note, 10 will start taking damage if the armored bows aren't killed fast enough. A bow at 15 only works if they're very strong, i.e. Sunpu or Jurakudai. I don't think many others can make it work since there's so much defense to go through. You want at least 500 to be able to hurt the Knights effectively on Normal.
    A gun at 9 is to help kill the dog/bears that spawn and go north later. You can use a token near the very top right to help stall while she shoots, and when they're taken care of, she can range 11 and help support.

Overall:
    22: Ki Generator
    11: Shield
    6: Magic
    10: Ranged
    2: Tanky Melee (Not a shield)
    20: Crossbow/Gun/Magic
    9: Gun
    15: Ranged

20 basically solos the entire right side, and Matsumoto is perfect for this. I imagine Hiroshima and Uchi are great here too. Nuking stratagems are good when too many knights overwhelm 11.
    2 only needs to be strong enough to protect A. Both 20 and 2 can be placed a bit later in round 1. Not much threatens those sides on the offset. You'll see armored archers start walking towards A, and yellow spears spawn on the bottom right, you'll know when to place them.

Last edited by Folseus; 01-19-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    The new archer type seems interesting. I wonder if it resists ranged units, perhaps. I oneshot it with a rock stratagem, but I have 3 rock stratagems on the team that I used and can't remember which one I used. It seems to take very little damage otherwise and lightning stratagems from one of my gunners didn't do much either. For the last map, you might want to put a magic user to deal with the boss coming from the southeast. It's pretty easy though.

Anniversary: 28/07/14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mogamin~
    Amatsukze: Punished
    Sources 1 2 3

Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    yeah the armored archer units are tough but it's manageable

"I get it Kyousaru, you smoke weed everytime you do your art."

Rep
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    They just have a ton of armor. Might be rough in E-4~E-6 though.

Rep
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    @Folseus

They weak againts magic.......that is if those archer not shot your mage to death first (1st form mage died under 1-2 shots)

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Rep
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    So the new enemy type for E-4~E-6 is a Knight. They have stupidly high defenses, and if you've been around long enough to have her, this may be the time to pull out the Utsunomiya + Fukushima combo.

I haven't tried E-6 yet, but my current advice is to bring nuking stratagems since they can chunk right past the extremely high defense. Nijou might be a good choice here if you have her leveled. Matsumoto as usual is indispensable.
    Fully upgraded Nagahama would help mitigate a lot of the defenses, but positioning can be restrictive and the cost might be too much.

My estimations put E-4 Hard Knights at ~400 defense, and E-5 Hard at over 500. Deus vult is too strong.

Rep
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    E-6 is surprisingly not as hard as we imagined. It's pretty straightforward, but it has a buch of armoured archers xD

[+] Spoiler

Rep
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    E-6 seemed pretty easy, even on hard. If necessary, you want to bring something to block with. I can't remember which one, but one map has a tricky thing where two enemies come from east and west and attack Tono near the end, despite all other enemies coming from elsewhere. I died twice to it.

Anniversary: 28/07/14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mogamin~
    Amatsukze: Punished
    Sources 1 2 3

Rep
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    E-6 Hard seemed easier than E-5 Hard for me.

Was tempted to run Caernarfon instead of Neuschwanstein, but playing it once, she definitely would have been destroyed quickly. Had to keep Neu-chan's stratagem on her for a few cycles. Accidentally lost my first attempt because I didn't notice Oosaka was being sniped.
    My Neu-chan is only 53 since we haven't really gotten any Mountain maps for me to run her with, and my Caernarfon is 40 after feeding her all the kamimusume from the event and a few from my box.
    Not sure if I would have had as good a run without Nagoya since I ended up nuking mid with her, but I could have just used Matsumoto's instead and a high level Oshi Kai or Arioka (or god forbid someone actually uses Yoshinogari) would have been fine. Particularly Arioka still having the ability to nuke with her stratagem while also stunning. Nijou would be a better choice than Sakamoto if I actually had leveled her higher since she ignores defenses with her stratagem I suppose.

My team:

which isn't as high level as some other players here since I basically evenly split playtime across my different teams depending on the event terrain bonus, with the exception of Shuri and Shikano basically always being active because of ki, and the occasional ringer when E-6 gets too hard.

Rep
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Goryoukaku ended up being amazingly strong, pretty much carrying this entire event