Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Vice-Admiral silentcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,000
    Rep
    8
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)

    Best BBs to use with Nagato for Nagato's special attack

    While banging my head on LD Hard of the on-going Hishimochi event, I realized that it's possible to bring in Nagato if I can mod her speed from Slow to Fast with a Turbine and a Boiler while still allowing her to bring in 2 main guns and a radar for her special attack (the one where the second ship helps her in a special shelling attack) thanks to a Reinforcement Expansion slot which will make the fleet with her in it still fast.

    So which BBs are best to use alongside her other than Mutsu (I only have 1 Reinforcement Expansion slot)? My guess is Iowa but I'm not sure.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

  2. #2
    Kantai Analyst 211303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Posts
    8,748
    Rep
    321
    Mentioned
    5764 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentcap View Post
    While banging my head on LD Hard of the on-going Hishimochi event, I realized that it's possible to bring in Nagato if I can mod her speed from Slow to Fast with a Turbine and a Boiler while still allowing her to bring in 2 main guns and a radar for her special attack (the one where the second ship helps her in a special shelling attack) thanks to a Reinforcement Expansion slot which will make the fleet with her in it still fast.

    So which BBs are best to use alongside her other than Mutsu (I only have 1 Reinforcement Expansion slot)? My guess is Iowa but I'm not sure.
    If you are doing the quest, you just need A rank and there is no reason you would need touch for the easy chipping comp. Just use FBB and speed hack BBV.

    If you are at LD or chipping after clearing the quest, just use STF and there is no need to speed hack.


    The sexiest bridge ever made.

  3. #3
    Vice-Admiral silentcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,000
    Rep
    8
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    If you are doing the quest, you just need A rank and there is no reason you would need touch for the easy chipping comp. Just use FBB and speed hack BBV.

    If you are at LD or chipping after clearing the quest, just use STF and there is no need to speed hack.
    Can you give me an STF fleet comp suited for final kill? Also, the LBAS ones too?

    I prefer STF due to it apparently having an easier time dealing with the pre-boss nodes than CTF but my experience has me getting sniped at node O every time (Commandant Teste was getting sniped there and I have her as SPF mule). I decided to give CTF a try after getting sent back 8 times in a row when I used STF.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

  4. #4
    Kantai Analyst 211303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Posts
    8,748
    Rep
    321
    Mentioned
    5764 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentcap View Post
    Can you give me an STF fleet comp suited for final kill? Also, the LBAS ones too?

    I prefer STF due to it apparently having an easier time dealing with the pre-boss nodes than CTF but my experience has me getting sniped at node O every time (Commandant Teste was getting sniped there and I have her as SPF mule). I decided to give CTF a try after getting sent back 8 times in a row when I used STF.
    Look at the top post of the maint thread.


    The sexiest bridge ever made.

  5. #5
    Vice-Admiral silentcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,000
    Rep
    8
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    Look at the top post of the maint thread.
    It's the Updated STF right?

    BTW, can I replace Asashimo with Naganami? I just got Asashimo as a drop so I don't have time to level her up to lv80+.

    Also, I can just use Maya in place of Atlanta right?


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

  6. #6
    Kantai Analyst 211303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Posts
    8,748
    Rep
    321
    Mentioned
    5764 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentcap View Post
    It's the Updated STF right?

    BTW, can I replace Asashimo with Naganami? I just got Asashimo as a drop so I don't have time to level her up to lv80+.

    Also, I can just use Maya in place of Atlanta right?
    Yes and yes.


    The sexiest bridge ever made.

  7. #7
    Vice-Admiral silentcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,000
    Rep
    8
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    Yes and yes.
    Thanks. Also, just to cross-check (since I'm also looking at the wikia where there's a lot more people posting), how good is the passing rate of the Updated STF? The STF I used was different compared to that (i.e. using Akagi with her 5-slots instead of Zuikaku and Ise's 2 22-slots and 1 9-slot stuffed with fighters to maximize airpower. Maya is also in escort fleet and Kamoi, level ~70, is escort flagship because she's kinda squishy).


    Last edited by silentcap; 03-19-2020 at 01:33 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

  8. #8
    Kantai Analyst 211303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Posts
    8,748
    Rep
    321
    Mentioned
    5764 Post(s)
    @silentcap well, your mileage will obviously differ because of fleet quality, sparkle and exact comp. Atlanta>Maya for example in reducing enemy air raid, while Ise was able to kill pt imp in my setup, but not yours. I won't be too worried about Kamoi in escort fleet either considering that the only sub and airstrike should be able to touch her. All other nodes should be wiped out or almost wiped out by the end of main fleet shelling. It's best to try for yourself. All I can say is that I have over 70% passing rate in chipping. (don't know about LD cos I cleared it in three tries)


    The sexiest bridge ever made.

  9. #9
    Vice-Admiral silentcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,000
    Rep
    8
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    is that 70% passing rate for the STF?

    Ironically enough, when I was using CTF during pre-LD runs, there are at least 2 occasions where the escort fleet managed to reach the boss without anybody of them even getting at yellow health somehow.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 8.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Thread / Post Bookmarks provided by Thread / Post Bookmarking v1.1.1pl1 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Live Threads provided by AJAX Threads (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com