Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1738 Post(s)

Can not log in to KC even with JPN VPN

So... I've been using a VPN to log in to KC ever since the restriction without issue. Now it doesn't work. Tried multiple Japan IP with both KC3 Kai and even EO. Once with EO, I got to the loading screen where you should get the start button (but got cat bombed half-way into loading the start button. :<). The other multiple attempts end with getting the screen where you see the "how to play", "ship types", etc. buttons at the bottom, but after that, instead of the loading screen and start button, I get a blank white screen that just hangs. Reloading, new JPN IP, etc. do nothing.

I've checked multiple times to confirm a Japan IP and the VPN is working just fine. I have NO idea what to do if anything. Is this another DDOS attack on the the game (seriously wish the [long string of expletives] individual(s) responsible with move in in life as this is beyond stupid).

Anyone else having issues? Any suggestions on what to do? It's VERY disconcerting. Glad I was able to complete the mini-event already and grab my goal of 4x jet BP and 2x Ne-jet engines, BUT I WOULD like to do the limited time Okinami quests along with modernize Okinami to K2 on top of all the usual stuff.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by goesto11; 03-19-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2834 Post(s)
    No issue on my end. Is this problem ongoing for days, today or past hour?

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1738 Post(s)
    @ofi123: Last 3 hours or so. Realize that it's not that long, but never had anything like this since we had the JP IP restriction in place.

Meh. I guess it's just me then? Did I mistakenly get a "bot" ban or something?

FYI - I've tried to log into the game directly (no KC3 Kai) and still get the same thing. At a loss here.

Last edited by goesto11; 03-19-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2834 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Try clearing the cache and reload and see if it fixes anything. Maybe the live update messed something up.

If not, do you play any other DMM game that you can test if there's any issue connecting to that with/without VPN.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Lieutenant
    IGN
    Kahlev
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Maybe you just got stuck right in the middle of a DDoS attack wave? Depending on the time of the day i try to log here, it might take up to 5 minutes for the game to load for me with the VPN i use.

Open the console of your browser, go to the network tab, reload the game page, and see what errors you get. In any case, if you see the buttons at the bottom then your VPN should be working fine, so the issue should be elsewhere.

Also, might want to avoid switching between several VPN's/IPs, or you might end triggering DMM's account security features accidentally. Might as well check your e-mail to see if they are asking you to change your password or something.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1738 Post(s)
    @ofi123 @Kahlev: Thanks for the help. Finally got in after deleting cash and trying multiple VPN IPs over period of time (trying to avoid being blocked as a "bot"). Checked e-mails, but nothing other than points stuff. Not sure exactly what the problem was - well, still is really as it's not 100% able to long in. Better for sure (so thinking maybe cache part of the issue), but yeah, it can take a few minutes to log in - if I get in as I also still have the ccasional time out/cat bomb on loading screen. Meh. Guess it's primarily DDoS since VPN works for general browsing. Meh. On the plus side, at least it's possible to get in at some point right now which is an improvement I suppose.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I'm not sure if you're on the discord, but there's a way to get Poi viewer to work without VPN (but can get finicky) if you check in the #poi-viewer channel.

Alternatively I tried this method, which involves downloading the entire cache, and it works without VPN too. No idea how long either will last, but they've been mostly problem free: https://github.com/planetarian/KCDoc...CCacheProxy.md

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1738 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: Appreciate the suggestion (yeah, not on discord). Read something about the DL cache method before (never tried, not sure how to do it), but wasn't aware about the Poi workaround. Poi's OK IMO. With KCV and EO gone, KC3 Kai is now my preferred choice so sticking with that. Also the "finicky" part doesn't bode well for me as not so great when dealing with subtle software issues.

Fortunately, it's been better lately. Pretty much back to how it was (VPN working normally -> log in takes maybe a minute -> disconnect VPN once logged into base and works fine).

I think it was a combination of something corrupt in my cache while simultaneously DDoS attack. Will keep what you mentioned in mind though.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2834 Post(s)
    Yeah, initial login takes longer than before for me as well these few days. Maybe they have some checks like cloudfare in the background during login that always take some time to process.

Rep
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, POI and the cache files isn't working for me, VPN ain't working for me. Tried directly connecting to the game on the DMM site and that sorta works, but it's stuck with the ship over the black screen, loading hell which I assume is the VPN just being crap.