Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5763 Post(s)

Game Maint/Update 27 March 2020 patch

The next maint will be on JST1100-2100, March 27, 2020. The current Hishimochi event will end after that maint, and all remaining Hishimochi will be removed from the game.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Danielosama

Dang, should be 27th. I can't change the title though so I am making a new one instead.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5763 Post(s)

Maint will be delayed for 1.5 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

LOLOLOL recon/spb swordfish

Rep
    Mentioned
    2835 Post(s)
    Guess that Gotland fairy is due to her coming k2. But I don't think ranking rewards data are available this early, so new quests rewards?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5763 Post(s)
    Patchnote:

1. End of Hishimochi event. All remaining Hishimochi will be removed from game.

2. End of introduction of White Day lines and Fall/Winter casual wear CG.

3. Introduction of Spring lines, including new lines for Grecale, Janus and Mikura.

4. Introduction of 4 regular quests and 2 time-limited quest. These time-limited quest will last for around 2 months. The Hishimochi reward from B60 will be changed to present box. Winter PVP quarterly will be changed to Spring PVP quarterly.

5. Fix of expedition bug when using DE

6. Buff for skilled lookout. They will primarily provide buff to Japanese torpedo squadron members now. You can also now equip skilled lookout in RE.

7. HAFD can now be equipped in RE. You can also craft the T91 HAFD.

8. New Akashi menu:
    Late 298B
    Swordfish>Swordfish Mk.II (skilled)
    Swordfish (seaplane)>Swordfish Mk.III kai (seaplane)

9. Time-limited Uzuki, Akashi, Gotland, Commandant Teste and Kamoi drop in regular maps.

10. Buff for Furutaka class, Aoba class, Myoukou class, Takao class, Mogami class and Tone class when equipped with no.2 and no.3 gun.

11. Searchlight bonus for Hiei, Kirishima, Jintsuu and other ships.

12. Synergy of no.3 gun with surface radar on Myoukou class, Takao class, Mogami class and Tone class.

13. Buff for Houshou, Taiyou and Shinyou when equipping T96 fighter and T96 fighter kai.

14. New BGM for maps and jukebox.

15. Two new expeditions.

16. New furniture.

17. New CG for Akashi, as well as introduction of Spring CG.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ofi123 judging from the name of the quest, it would be the reward of those two time-limited quests. Perhaps we are supposed to get Swordfish festival IRL event this year before the current epidemic ruins the plan.

Last edited by 211303; 03-27-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2835 Post(s)

No extra bonus for Akatsuki and Aoba? /s

@211303

icic

- - - Updated - - -

Biggest cut in update since....lookout was added I guess? Lookout in expansion slot will help all CLTs, triple torp DDs, CAs and maybe CV/Ls in their cut in chance.
    Still doesn't do much for anti-imp setup given both lookout and machine gun are needed to maximize hit chance with guns.

And following that could be the most pointless addition for expansion slot lulz.

But allowing fire directors be craftable is going to save some leveling, like 20.3 no.2 earlier.

I think this has some use? Someone fill me in?

Though I doubt this is of any use.

RIP screws again. @211303 Guess we are getting the base version from quest and paying a screw tax to get Gotland fairy. Though I am considering just skipping this unless it's really good stat-wise to see if Gotland k2 comes stock with it, unless it can't be converted by akashi and a quest needs a +10 to convert it.

Yay I can stop memeing with IJN cruisers getting bonus from 8 inch guns but not IJN 203s.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I see new sorting tabs above the quests to sort by quest types! More QoL!

Last edited by ofi123; 03-27-2020 at 01:47 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5763 Post(s)
    @ofi123 Eh, currently the biggest use of HAFD will be for the quest of HA version of A gun and B gun. Now that the gun can be equipped in RE, it is possible to let all BB AACI without affecting their major loadout when equipping T3 shell. It's just a weak AACI of cos, so perhaps only when slot is really tight.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and be careful. The two new yearly quest has a different refresh time. These two new yearly are marked as yearly (March), while the older ones are yearly (Feb)

Rep
    Mentioned
    2835 Post(s)
    AHAHAHA.

Though I welcomed the 203 bonus on IJN CAs, it effectively made my 2x 8inch mod 2 +10 that I spent the last 2 months completing near useless, since I have 6x 203 no 3 +10 and alsmot 4x 203 no2 +10.

Also, it seem the quickest way to see optimal 203 fit is both the high bonus as well as whether there's extra bonus with radar. Or simply 203 no2 on Furutaka/Aoba classes and no3 on all the others, even Myoukou class.

@211303

I see. Maybe Musashi with AACI in 5-5 would be viable for me again, given I hated 10cm on the expansion slot messing with my DA with APCI that can be shit more often than I like.

- - - Updated - - -

Since now CLTs can TCI better and DDs can triple TCI, if I do run outta torps I guess Myoukou can do GCI if needed lol.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5763 Post(s)
    Poor Mk.9............

No.3 gun powercreep it again in just a few months.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ofi123 GCI is kind of eh, but what you can actually try is MCI. Choukai should be able to cap with MCI now with gun gun recon torp.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2835 Post(s)
    So glad I kept 8 lookouts. Should be more than enough.

@211303

Like this?

What's the cap? If 200 a radar is good as well given the bonus stats.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5763 Post(s)
    eh, scratch that. Around 295 per hit or so if using recon, but still within viable territory now.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ofi123 yeah, more or less. you get close to cap night damage while retaining day artillery spotting. MCI rate is also slightly higher than TCI. Not saying you should be using it now no matter what, but it is a viable choice now.

- - - Updated - - -

This update actually adds a lot of interesting options to RE.

MG, SLO and HAFD are now all viable choices with different strength.

MG: Day firepower and torp from star. Strongest individual AA, 1 firepower 1acc (only bofors)
    HAFD: Day and night firepower from star, but not torp. Less individual AA than MG, but provides fleet AA.
    Skilled lookout: Day and night firepower and torp. Very little AA. 4% CI rate. Additional misc stat, including 2 ASW which makes single slot OASW easier. Highest raw acc (for support).

- - - Updated - - -

oh, I should add that HAFD upgrade also provides day shelling acc, but not mg upgrade.