Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
Bookmark Thread

Thread: Sports Thread

Rep
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Sports Thread

I haven't seen one of these around here in a while, anyone here into sports? I've mostly followed floorsqueak (basketball), divegrass (FOOTBALL) and now I'm kinda getting into handegg just cause my friends brainwashed me into following it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soryuutown
    Episode synopsis: Soryuu steals a football from a group of small children, raves about conceptions of property and the Ego in an attempt to lull them into a state of constant egoism.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    I'm actually trying to get into baseball when the season starts this year.

It's like a regional tradition or something when it comes to small talk here in NY. All the patients bring it up. Might as well familiarize myself with the culture so that I don't come off as weird.

IGN
    R. Greythorn
    Server
    Ominato Guard
    Rep
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I'm craving all kinds of motorsports on four wheels, from WRC to Formula Drift.

I play lots of sim/semi-sim racing games on Steam.

Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    While I don't play it, I mostly follow basketball. Mostly NBA, not too crazy about NCAA stuff though when March Madness rolls around (like this month XD) I might watch when it comes to the Final Four and / or the National Championship game.

Ice hockey has kind of piqued my interest recently, as one of my longtime friends is an avid fan of it - he plays the game (the actual game as well as videogames of it), has bobblehead figures of his favorite players, and even attends NHL games; his interest got me curious. Funnily enough we both aren't that crazy about American Football / NFL (as most people are where I live), ahaha.

Married:
    Choukai (2016/09/03), Ooyodo (2016/12/24), Haruna (2017/03/30)
    Will Marry: Kumano (Lv.98), Inazuma (Lv.94)

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Oh people are also crazy about US Football (though that's probably a given anywhere in the US). Someone dragged me into watching the Super Bowl once. I got very confused by the rules and they were like "just shut up and watch". lol

I think basketball and baseball rules are much easier to understand for casuals like me.

Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @Kalinsre I know right? I glanced at a TV during my break at work once, a co-worker asked who my favorite team was. I was like, "uhh... Chargers?" (picked a random team) and he started talking about how much he likes that team with player stats and stuff I didn't know. I just walked away, ahaha.

Nothing against American Football, it's just if one starts talking about it don't expect much from me. Each their own I guess.

Married:
    Choukai (2016/09/03), Ooyodo (2016/12/24), Haruna (2017/03/30)
    Will Marry: Kumano (Lv.98), Inazuma (Lv.94)

Rep
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    @thebackup From what I see there is a great deal of strategy involved in the game. It's just that it's one of those things people grow up watching and they take it for granted. They understand it, but they can't explain it.