Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Lieutenant
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

[Warship Girls] Defensive event

Saw a guide on a forum.

My experience
    ----------------
    E1:3 waves.
    1st wave has 2 fleets, one with 5DD, one with a mix of cruisers and DD. Easy to clear.
    2nd wave has 3 fleets, 4SS + 2 Torpedo CL; 3SS + 2 others; mix of cruisers and DD (one high HP CA flagship)
    3rd wave has 1 boss fleet, 2CV + 1 CVL + 1 BB + 1 SS + 1 DD (flagship CV has high HP).

My fleets:
    Tirpitz-kai 100, Goeben 100, PoW-kai 100, Wichita-kai 100, Helena-kai 99, Koln-kai 100
    Brooklyn-kai 100, Yuubari-kai 100, Gearing-kai 100, Laffey-kai 99, Taihou-kai 100, Lexington-kai 100
    Friend fleet: IsseiG (didn't use in the end)

Yuubari and Laffey took around half damage without going yellow. Everything else went as planned.

E2 next.

E2

Round 1: Mix cruiser-DD fleet, and a fleet with 2CV 1 CVL
    Round 2: 2BC 1SS fleet, 1 carrier fleet, 1 cannon fleet.(high hp)
    Round 3: 3SS + 2 Torp CL; 4SS + 2CV; 2BB1CV1CVL1DD1SS; 1BB2CV1Torp2DD (high HP)
    Round 4: 1CV1BC1BB2CL1SS

My fleets:
    Brooklyn-kai 100, Koln-kai 100, Gearing-kai 100, Taihou-kai 100, Lexington-kai 100, Zuihou 100
    Hood-kai 100, PoW-kai 100, Andrea-Doria-kai 100, Colorado-kai 99, Helena-kai 99, Enterprise 100
    Friend fleet: 涂零, 2BB2CVL2CV

Round 1: cleared with my gunship fleet.
    Round 2: sent friend for the 1SS fleet, gunships cleared the other 2 fleet (high hp fleet cleared first, then carrier fleet). Refilled cannon fleet after this round.
    Round 3: ASW fleet took out the two SS fleets. Sent friend for 1SS fleet, his Sara went red. Got T-disadvantage against the high HP opponent, Enterprise red.
    Round 4: Sent my ASW fleet first. Took out all except the BB and 1CL after one round. Sent them in a second time and cleared.

Last edited by fril; 02-01-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Lieutenant
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    E3: 3 fleets for 5 battles

Koln-kai 100, Gearing-kai 100, Laffey-kai 99, Inazuma-kai 97, Yuubari-kai 100, Enterprise 100
    Brooklyn-kai 100, Sirius 100, Taihou-kai 100, Lexington-kai 100, Shouhou 100, Zuihou 100
    Tirpitz-kai 100, Andrea-Doria-kai 100, PoW-kai 100, Vanguard 100, Bismarck-kai 100, Helena-kai 99

ASW fleet took out the 4SS enemy with no damage, while Zuihou got medium damage in one of the battles.

For the final battle against the 1940 hp BC, I sent my friend's fleet first, which had 3BB/BC and 3CV. The fleet took out the 4 DD and did sizable damage to the 2 BC. At this point, I made a mistake and decided to send them in for night battle. What I should have done instead was to retreat and send the fleet in again, so that the CV's would once again be in play. Instead, my friend's PoW took heavy damage in night battle and couldn't be sent in a second time.

After this, I sent in my ASW fleet first in order to clear the last 2 BC. Enterprise and Inazuma took medium damage after the first battle, but the 2 BC had one red and one yellow. I sent them in a second time and they finished it off, with Laffey dealing 300 damage to sink the last BC.

E3 clear.

E4: 3 fleets for 11 battles across 4 waves with 3 refills

I went for a more uncommon formation, but I believe that this gives the highest chance of clearing the event.

Fleet 1: Tirpitz-kai 100, Andrea-Doria-kai 100, PoW-kai 100, Lion-kai 100, Bismarck-kai 100, Helena-kai 99
    Fleet 2: Brooklyn-kai 100, Yuubari-kai 100, Gearing-kai 100, Taihou-kai 100, Enterprise 100, Lexington-kai 100
    Fleet 3: Hood-kai 100, Laffey-kai 100, Inazuma-kai 100, Koln-kai 100, Siririus 100, Hornet 100

The main point of this formation is to have two ASW fleets - one with 4ASW backed up by one CV and one BB/BC, and another with 3 ASW backed up by 3 CV. This setup is important because there are has two types of SS fleets in E4. The 3SS fleet in round 2 is accompanied by 2 torpedo cruisers that MUST be cleared during bombing if possible, while the other SS fleets in rounds 2 and 3 are accompanied by weak ships. Having 2 separate ASW fleets allows your other ships to counter the enemy's non-SS ships. The 3 CV in fleet 2 are designed to counter the enemy torpedo cruisers, while Hood and Hornet in fleet 3 will counter the weak accompanying ships.

The drawback of this formation is that the CV fleet is a little weaker than having all four CV in the same fleet, so clearing the torpedo cruisers in the first round is much tougher. Since it's the first round, however, it is easy to simply restart if that battle doesn't go well.

Strategy:
    Round 1 - CV fleet vs torpedo cruisers; Cannon fleet vs other 2. Do not replenish.
    Round 2 - CV vs torpedo cruisers; ASW vs 4SS; Cannon vs CVL. Replenish cannon fleet.
    Round 3 - ASW vs 3SS; CV vs cruiser fleet; Cannon fleet vs other 2. Replenish cannon fleet and one other (probably ASW fleet)
    Round 4 - CV attack first with line abreast to clear the 2 SS; ASW fleet in echelon formation as many times as possible before cannon fleet finishes them off.

My experience:
    The torpedo cruisers in the first battle of round 1 did medium damage to Lexi and Enterprise three times in a row, so I retreated, repaired, and restarted all three times. I accidentally pressed diamond formation in round 2 vs the 3SS torpedo cruisers, causing Enterprise to take heavy damage. Went to round 3 but took even more heavy damage when I got T-disadvantage against the big BC fleet, so I restarted.

Second time around, after restarting a few times due to the torpedo cruisers in the first battle, I finally cleared round 1 with all girls green. Nothing much happened in round 2.

Round 3, my cannon fleet managed to win against the big BC fleet, but PoW took medium damage and Lion took heavy damage. At this point, I was fully prepared to use up a damecon if necessary. Cannon fleet then defeated the CV fleet without much damage, while the ASW and CV fleets had no issues either. Replenished cannon and ASW fleets.

CV fleet went first in line abreast formation against the boss, taking out the two SS. The fleet didn't do much damage against the other four because Brooklyn missed her first night shot, Yuubari got hit before she could fire at night, and Gearing was heavily damaged.

ASW fleet went next in echelon formation. T-advantage. Hood took out the DD, while the combination of everyone's attacks sank the BC and CA by the end of torpedo phase. Going into night battle, only the enemy flagship was left, with 163 HP. Hood sank her with the night shot.

E4 clear.

--------------------

I'm satisfied with the rewards up to this point and won't attempt E5 and E6.

Thankfully, I didn't use up much in this event. Only 17 buckets, 3k bauxite and 5k steel.

Last edited by fril; 02-02-2017 at 02:14 PM.