Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    @firemagnet MAL in 2K17 LUL

Rep
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    @firemagnet MAL in 2K17 LUL
    Funny thing is that the majority of posters on Re:Creators actually like the show. Of the maybe 30 or so people consistently discussing it, at least 23 really like it, 2 don't like it but don't really explain why, one has dropped the series, and the remaining five shitpost constantly about how bad the show is, to the effect of:

"there are too many plotholes, it's unoriginal, it has bad writing, I don't like the focus on LN/Animu shit; why not Japanese folklore or [insert F/SN knockoff here], there's too much dialogue, all of this could be explained in 5 minutes," etc. Actually, let me go and quote my own response to one of them to show you precisely how retarded they are.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topic...50#msg50632702

incoming text wall that may not be formatted properly. My ID there is the same as it is here. I'm responding in support of Daniel Naumov to AnimeFanboy:
    [+] Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFanboy1234 message=50631766
    Quote Originally Posted by firemagnet message=50631183
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFanboy1234 message=50630018
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Naumov message=50629911
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFanboy1234 message=50629673
    Quote Originally Posted by firemagnet message=50628780
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFanboy1234 message=50628520
    Quote Originally Posted by firemagnet message=50628401
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFanboy1234 message=50628183
    I decided to be generous and give the anime another shot.
    Beginning was boring as fuck...minutes of info we already knew.
    Pretty cool how the military actually interferes, but all they did was talk, and nothing new was learned, really.
    I have no clue what that ending scene's supposed to be though.
    As I predicted, this anime REALLY is not gonna give any actual context to these JRPG knockoff characters.
    Oh well, it's...kinda entertaining again...talking...about stuff..

I can't quite understand why you don't like this when you also like Sekaisuru Kado, which is itself another "superpowers" show.

Regardless, they both ask and explore good concepts; this show explores what the practical effects of bringing fiction to life in a more limited world would be, and how the personalities of various characters as written would cause problems.

Sekaisuru Kado explores the practical effects of having an alien appear from a parallel dimension whose technology is so advanced that it makes the user effectively a benevolent god.

You have the wrong person.
    I dropped Sekaisuru Kado within 5 min 'cause it wasn't my kinda thing.

"this show explores what the practical effects of bringing fiction to life in a more limited world would be, and how the personalities of various characters as written would cause problems."
    I'm not seeing any of that, nor do I really care. All I see is characters...talking about...hypothesis...or whatever...*yawns*. I mean I've watched plenty of action anime where characters talk, but they talked about stuff I cared about. Here it's...5 min of shit we already know...10 min of office meeting that could've just been those 5 min...and then 5 min of something new actually happening.

As any history student will know, establishing the "who, what, when, and why" of something is important. That's what Re:Creators is doing right now.

Although

?\_(ツ)_/?

If you don't like it you don't like it. I can't change that.

Dude...I'm starting to get really annoyed by how you oversimplify others' complaints.
    You are complaining about action,or rather lack of it, in a sophisticated series that takes aim at examining and explaining the connection of people to their "creation"(which is not limited to girls in short skirts), the reality and fiction clash and the lack of responsibility, at least moral, in modern society that leads to whatever the GnH is trying to do. You find that not worthy of your focus. You yearn for action, violance, destruction and chaos. How can it be ANYHOW MORE simple? As one-dimensional as it could ever be.
    Just come back around episode 9 or 10. There will be WAY more of it. Just enough for you to say "rehabilitated 8/10".

*sighs* If you actually paid attention to my original post, my complaints are a little more complicated then just, "I want action".
    I've watched the crown champion, the anime exclusively KNOWN for talking entire episodes:
    Mother.
    Fucking.
    Monogatari.
    My high praise for that series on myanimelist should tell you PLENTY about my tastes.
    Pacing felt much smoother, more fleshed out, there was a sense of urgency and stakes.
    What you call, "sophisticated", I call, "beating the viewer over the head with info they can easily deduce and presenting it in the most pretentious and boring way possible".

Monogatari was good, but what kept it alive was that it had okay action and the way it did the scenes was interesting.

Still, I'll agree with Naumov. You're being a bit shallow here and saying that the way the plot is explained doesn't interest you. That's fine, but keep in mind that the show is operating on the mechanic that the characters don't quite know what's going on, and so it's being explained to them.

"that the show is operating on the mechanic that the characters don't quite know what's going on, and so it's being explained to them."
    That's literally almost ever story in existence.
    How am I being shallow? Is it because I don't have an essay that's prepared to argue like a Supreme Court Case?
    Dragged out pacing, scenes where characters are JUST exchanging some info bores me, ESPECIALLY when it's about info that I already know! Like the first 5 minutes of the ep, dedicated to explaining what's going on that we already know, to another character, but instead of jump cutting to the characters already having explained the plot of the anime, I have to watch 5 minutes being told what the plot is! I don't care! Why not use those 5 minutes showing the perspective of the villains?
    I don't want to see characters talk about teaming up with the government and being explained that collateral damage is happening, when that shit could be explained in 5 minutes.
    Again, you are generalizing someone else's reasoning, just like Fai's.

I'm actually not generalizing your reasoning, since your reasoning is simple; the subjects being discussed or examined in this anime do not interest you, you feel that the anime is moving to slowly, and therefore you want more action or to see what the other side is doing. Or more action.

I don't care!

Your view of this anime and its plot in two words.

I don't want to see characters talk about teaming up with the government and being explained that collateral damage is happening

Then you missed the point of that discussion which was: "actions have consequences and, more importantly such actions will not be tolerated."

Also in this episode's discussions:

--get in the fucking robot, Shinji

--consequences and social impact of creators imparting specific personalities to their creations (see: Rui Kanoya's tantrum, Alisteria's creator).

--more expansion on the undoing of the universe, pointing out that "by the time someone sees cracks, it'll be too late, so we need to start acting now"

--the logical consequences of trying to pick a fight with a government when said government is trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

--We're given a timeline of what's going on.

--redirection of the plot's focus onto Gunpuku no Himegimi and her team.

And I will repeat myself the upteenth time: you know what's going on, but the characters don't. So, it's fleshing out the universe, imparting motivation to the next segment of the plot. Those discussions are also, I might add, being used to introduce the character and flesh out their personality by showing how they react to information and various situations. The way the characters interact with the world and with each other is the device that is being used to move the plot forward more than events or fights.

If this is boring to you, so much so that you come here to complain over and over again, then might I suggest that you watch something else? After all, you did say that you "don't care" about the heroes and their motivations, or how they arrive at their conclusions and reasoning for action.

Last edited by firemagnet; 05-12-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Heh, that was a fun read honestly, stuff like this makes me love the show even more.

Rep
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    @firemagnet Heh, that was a fun read honestly, stuff like this makes me love the show even more.

Eh, arguing with people like animefanboy makes me annoyed. Though I do enjoy trolling them and laughing at their arguments.

Episode 6 was merely ok, though. As predicted, Souta chose to hide his information about the main villain. That was a huge disappointment for me, and it really threw off the pacing of the show.

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Considering this show will have more than 20 eps... it's kinda understandable, things will get interesting because of this I bet.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Now that I've cleared the event, time to catch up on shows (though I do play to still farm a bit). Got a lot of anime to watch. I'm as much as 4-5 episodes behind on some shows >_<

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4764 Post(s)
    @goesto11 That's a massive backlog. Godspeed.

On the other hand, I dunno how I'd have gotten past the event without anime to distract. It's like watching someone else play five finger fillet with your hands.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    @Leyana: Thankfully(?) I'm "only" watching maybe 10 shows so not that bad. Sometimes I watch anime while playing, but that's usually for mundane stuff like sparkling or doing 10 A ranks at 1-5 or something Even then couple times I didn't pay sufficient attention and almost proceeded with taiha'd ships >_<. I also take notes during events which isn't very conducive to watching shows. Also Id rather watch anime (or movies, etc.) full screen with undivided attention. For me it's reading manga or LNs while farming & such. Oh, also been watching Cinamasins on youtube lately for some reason. XD

Anyway, 1st world problems, and I'll manage. Question is where to start...

Last edited by goesto11; 05-15-2017 at 12:40 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7809 Post(s)
    Man I just want to splurg how great the visuals where in episode 6 for Uchouten Kazuko. Hell was quite a visual treat.
    [+] Spoiler
    Soun becoming so messed up was an unexpected surprise though. He really has fallen really far.

Nothing super exciting but it was still enjoyable to watch for sure.

Two things will never happen:
    Yuzuki getting added or Kagero-class K2.

Rep
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Re:creators episode 8 was a blast (pun intended).

[+] Spoiler

Mamika putting Nanoha to shame

https://streamable.com/nelxo

The character development of Mamika, even while confined to the logic of her world, was awesome. The way that development finalized within the last few minutes of the episode means that this'll go down in my book alongside Attack on Titan, UC Gundam, Girls und Panzer, Golden Time, and Full Metal Panic as one of the better anime out there. Is it up to the standards of depth and atmosphere set by Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, Evangelion, Get Backers, or Black Lagoon? No. However it stands on its own two feet, and the director and writer clearly know what they're doing. The pains to address and play with the concepts that the narrative brings up are a great highlight.

Also, while many criticize souta for being a "generic beta," his reasons for being meek have now been firmly established and are credible; he feels personally responsible for the death of his friend, an event which clearly shattered his identity and ego. It's not that he won't share what he knows; it's that he deeply fears being judged and ostracized for even being involved in the first place. Mamika made it clear that she was someone who would listen without preconditions or bias.

Re:Creators soundtrack preview is here. Par for the course for Hiroyuki Sawano. Excellent music.

Last edited by firemagnet; 05-28-2017 at 02:50 AM.