Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana View Post
    I just watched SukaSuka 10 and I'm like wait. What.

I need someone to explain the show to me.
    @Leyana

He just realized that the killing beasts are what humans turned into, which is why they spread so fast. Well, the actual truth (as well as what Leprachauns really are) is more complex, but that's the gist of it for now. Episode 10 is an inflection point, the calm before the storm and everything goes to shit.

Basic overall plot summary is

[+] Spoiler

They're all fucked. The leprachauns are fragments of Elq's soul, Elq being an ascended human known as a "visitor" who arrived on that planet aeons ago, along with other visitors. Elq was killed by the MC's love interest shortly after the MC got petrified. Half of her soul remains in her body while the other half is divided among the leprechauns. Elq and the other visitors were the ones who originally terraformed the planet via magic, and now the planet is simply reverting back to its original state. This includes the humans and beastmen, who were transformed into humans and beastmen through the same magic from their original forms as the horrors that we see lurking on the surface. In due time, the magic used to terraform the planet will wear off completely, and it will revert back to being a virtually lifeless dustball inhabited only by the original 17 beasts and other, lesser, non-sentient creatures. There is no way to stop this process, and the MC's old friend knows this.

Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
    As for me, I'm just excited. We get a better sense of urgency, we see whether or not much of our theory-crafting was right, and we set the stage for some really epic encounters. My only fear is that with the launch of Fate/Apocrypha on July 1, Re:Creators is going to be completely overshadowed because of the weight the Fate series has.

The funny part was that a post I made on MAL got crossposted by someone else on Reddit for a summary of what Altair is (before I read the spoilers) and became the top comment:

"Another user on MAL explained how Setsuna created Altair in a very concise way, so I thought I'd share it (https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topic...97#msg51148652).
    It seems that shortly thereafter, Setsuna Shimazaki published Altair: World Etude as a rhetorical "are you not entertained?" to her critics, incorporating all the features that her "haters" thought such a character should have--chuuni tendencies, ridiculous powers, etc. Judging by her previous artwork, which incorporated lots of bright colors and peaceful settings, Altair was intended to be nothing less than the avatar of Setsuna's revenge; a final "fuck you" to the world which, she felt, had rejected her--a lasting proof of her existence." "

The best response to my post that got crossposted was "holy shit, that actually makes sense."
    Holy crap... that mal reply and possible theory is epic, never mess with the nerdy artist girl with suicidal tendencies XDD

And yeah, lots of shows will be overshadowed by Fate but as long as the fanbase exists then there's still going to be much to talk about them.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4642 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Is there an explanation for why just the humans reverted first beyond "because we need to drive the plot".

Rep
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Is there an explanation for why just the humans reverted first beyond "because we need to drive the plot".
    Nope.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4642 Post(s)
    Good god. How does one even stop Magane when she can warp reality?

Rep
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Good god. How does one even stop Magane when she can warp reality?
    Altair does it too. And if you read the episode 12 spoilers you'll find out more about it.

[+] Spoiler

because she's a secondary creation (a re-creation of a creation) she has absolutely no power limiter whatsoever. She's functionally a living god, but the laws of the world prevent her from completely erasing it.

The difference with Magane is that Magane is a diabolus ex machina, since her power requires that her opponents walk straight into the traps she sets for the sake of the plot. If anyone clams up or simply refuses to deny what she's saying, then her power doesn't work. She's trying to remove that particular limiter, of course.

Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Well then, the time has come... Spring Season 2017 is about to end so let's have a wrap up! I'll try to focus in new titles instead of sequels so let's see how it goes.

-Favorite anime of the season:
    Sukasuka, Sakura Quest, Re:Creators.
    -Honorable Mention: Grimoire of Zero, Atom: The beginning.
    -Worst anime of the season: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai.

-Best Artstyle: Sakura Quest, Re:Creators, Atom: The beginning, Sukasuka, Danmachi Sword Oratoria.
    -Worst Arstyle: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet, Rokudenashi Majutsu.
    -Best animation: Sakura Quest, Re:Creators, SNK S2, Boku no Hero S2, Eromanga-sensei.
    -Worst animation: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet.

-Best opening theme: Re:Creators, Boku no Hero S2, Atom: The beginning.
    -Worst opening theme: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet, Danmachi Sword Oratoria.
    -Best ending theme: Re:Creators, Boku no Hero S2, Sukasuka.
    -Worst ending theme: N/A. (I was gonna put Sin Nanatsu no Taizai here but I honestly like the ending, it's like almost an 80's rock song)
    -Best OST: Granblue Fantasy, Re:Creators, Boku no Hero S2, Sukasuka, Sekaisuru Kado.
    -Worst OST: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet.

(The spot here is reserved for best male voice actor, acress and all that but I'm honestly... not that good in that area, so I'll leave this blank but feel free to give your impressions.)

-Best male character: Wilhelm (or whatever you spell it) from Sukasuka, Takashi from Re:Creators, Deku from My Hero Academia S2.
    -Worst male character: The MC from Clockwork Planet.
    -Best Female character: Mamika from Re:Creators, Ctholly and Nyglato from Sukasuka, Yoshino from Sakura Quest.
    -Worst Female character: All the female cast from Sin Nanatsu no Taizai.
    -Best couple: Wilhelm and Ctholly from Sukasuka, Takashi and Selesia from Re:Creators, Zero and Mercenary from Grimoire of Zero.

-Surprise of the season:

-Re:Creators: It blew my mind honestly, such a good show and I cannot stop praising it, sure it has it's flaws like every other anime but it makes up with good characters and a decent pace in terms of development and stuff. The OST is also fantastic and the characters are charming enough to keep you hooked, it also has a very unique story that I think few animes dared to explore, which makes it even better.

-Sakura Quest: I love PA Works animes (except one that should never be named again) and honestly Sakura Quest turned out to be pretty good, what I love the most about the show is the development that the MC Yoshino is going throught right now, she's really starting to enjoy her job and doing her best for the sake of the town... you really have to admire that change of attitude and her guts.

-Atom: The Beginning: I think this is the underrated show of the season... it's really well done, it manages to merge the new style of the current animation with the old styles from the Tezuka era, I also love the fact that it gives us a background of how life was before the birth of Astro Boy (Atom) and it makes you wonder how things ended up like that in the future... cuz yeah, Atom's story is pretty sad considering how he was created and what his original father is doing... I'm wondering if this "prequel" will give us a new anime for Atom, perhaps a remake or an entirely new story, only time will tell.

-Sukasuka: I thought that this was gonna be another mediocre harem show with mahou shoujos... oh how wrong I was, I got so hooked to this show that I downloaded all the LN already... to think that the suffering it's just starting breaks my heart even further, it's a really powerful story and very well done to be honest. I'm not sure if I should read Sukamoka though (the sequel), considering many people say that Sukasuka is better, but I'm curious nonetheless so I'll dive into it when I have the time.

-Disappoinment of the season:

-Sin Nanatsu no Taizai: I'm honestly a fan of ecchi shows, I love them as long as the're funny and have a decent story... people were saying that this anime was gonna be a AAA ecchi show but it turned out to be mediocre at best... a mere production just to promote the PVC figures and such... oh well, I didn't wasted much of my time with it.

-Sekaisuru Kado: Ugh... it was hard to put this title here but... to be honest I like the show and I still do but I must be frank about it, I honestly have no idea why this show kept going from CGI to tradional animation between characters, that was just nuts and distracting. Also the last couple of episodes were... kinda lame I guess? but I'm still gonna keep watching it till the end.

-Clockwork Planet: I was hyped for this show to be honest, I mean it's a story made by the same author of No Game No Life but damn son... NGNL it's miles better than this crap, the animation was pretty potato and the story extremely convoluted... it started good but it flopped hard after the first half. The Only reason I ketp watching it was because it reminded me of Resonance of Fate, a pretty good yet underrated JRPG.

Overall thoughts of the season: The majority of the big hitters of this season were pretty much sequels, I have to say that Re:Creators and Sukasuka carried this season pretty hard considering all the titles... sure there were good shows in it but nothing spectacular in the end... only because of those two shows I'll give this season a 7/10.

Last edited by Kranesh; 06-23-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    Well then, the time has come... Spring Season 2017 is about to end so let's have a wrap up! I'll try to focus in new titles instead of sequels so let's see how it goes.
    [+] Spoiler

-Favorite anime of the season:
    [+] Spoiler
    Sukasuka, Sakura Quest, Re:Creators.
    -Honorable Mention: Grimoire of Zero, Atom: The beginning.
    -Worst anime of the season: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai.

-Best Artstyle: Sakura Quest, Re:Creators, Atom: The beginning, Sukasuka, Danmachi Sword Oratoria.
    -Worst Arstyle: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet, Rokudenashi Majutsu.
    -Best animation: Sakura Quest, Re:Creators, SNK S2, Boku no Hero S2, Eromanga-sensei.
    -Worst animation: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet.

-Best opening theme: Re:Creators, Boku no Hero S2, Atom: The beginning.
    -Worst opening theme: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet, Danmachi Sword Oratoria.
    -Best ending theme: Re:Creators, Boku no Hero S2, Sukasuka.
    -Worst ending theme: N/A. (I was gonna put Sin Nanatsu no Taizai here but I honestly like the ending, it's like almost an 80's rock song)
    -Best OST: Granblue Fantasy, Re:Creators, Boku no Hero S2, Sukasuka, Sekaisuru Kado.
    -Worst OST: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai, Clockwork Planet.

(The spot here is reserved for best male voice actor, acress and all that but I'm honestly... not that good in that area, so I'll leave this blank but feel free to give your impressions.)

-Best male character: Wilhelm (or whatever you spell it) from Sukasuka, Takashi from Re:Creators, Deku from My Hero Academia S2.
    -Worst male character: The MC from Clockwork Planet.
    -Best Female character: Mamika from Re:Creators, Ctholly and Nyglato from Sukasuka, Yoshino from Sakura Quest.
    -Worst Female character: All the female cast from Sin Nanatsu no Taizai.
    -Best couple: Wilhelm and Ctholly from Sukasuka, Takashi and Selesia from Re:Creators, Zero and Mercenary from Grimoire of Zero.

-Surprise of the season:

-Re:Creators: It blew my mind honestly, such a good show and I cannot stop praising it, sure it has it's flaws like every other anime but it makes up with good characters and a decent pace in terms of development and stuff. The OST is also fantastic and the characters are charming enough to keep you hooked, it also has a very unique story that I think few animes dared to explore, which makes it even better.

-Sakura Quest: I love PA Works animes (except one that should never be named again) and honestly Sakura Quest turned out to be pretty good, what I love the most about the show is the development that the MC Yoshino is going throught right now, she's really starting to enjoy her job and doing her best for the sake of the town... you really have to admire that change of attitude and her guts.

-Atom: The Beginning: I think this is the underrated show of the season... it's really well done, it manages to merge the new style of the current animation with the old styles from the Tezuka era, I also love the fact that it gives us a background of how life was before the birth of Astro Boy (Atom) and it makes you wonder how things ended up like that in the future... cuz yeah, Atom's story is pretty sad considering how he was created and what his original father is doing... I'm wondering if this "prequel" will give us a new anime for Atom, perhaps a remake or an entirely new story, only time will tell.

-Sukasuka: I thought that this was gonna be another mediocre harem show with mahou shoujos... oh how wrong I was, I got so hooked to this show that I downloaded all the LN already... to think that the suffering it's just starting breaks my heart even further, it's a really powerful story and very well done to be honest. I'm not sure if I should read Sukamoka though (the sequel), considering many people say that Sukasuka is better, but I'm curious nonetheless so I'll dive into it when I have the time.

-Disappoinment of the season:

-Sin Nanatsu no Taizai: I'm honestly a fan of ecchi shows, I love them as long as the're funny and have a decent story... people were saying that this anime was gonna be a AAA ecchi show but it turned out to be mediocre at best... a mere production just to promote the PVC figures and such... oh well, I didn't wasted much of my time with it.

-Sekaisuru Kado: Ugh... it was hard to put this title here but... to be honest I like the show and I still do but I must be frank about it, I honestly have no idea why this show kept going from CGI to tradional animation between characters, that was just nuts and distracting. Also the last couple of episodes were... kinda lame I guess? but I'm still gonna keep watching it till the end.

-Clockwork Planet: I was hyped for this show to be honest, I mean it's a story made by the same author of No Game No Life but damn son... NGNL it's miles better than this crap, the animation was pretty potato and the story extremely convoluted... it started good but it flopped hard after the first half. The Only reason I ketp watching it was because it reminded me of Resonance of Fate, a pretty good yet underrated JRPG.

Overall thoughts of the season: The majority of the big hitters of this season were pretty much sequels, I have to say that Re:Creators and Sukasuka carried this season pretty hard considering all the titles... sure there were good shows in it but nothing spectacular in the end... only because of those two shows I'll give this season a 7/10.
    To springboard off of your thoughts here a little:

I don't think there were any surprises this season. Each show had its own niche to an extent, which allowed me to categorize based upon my interests. That being said, there were a bevy of disappointments.

1.Like you, I'm a fan of quasi-smut shows like Sin Nanatsu no Taizai (were they hoping to tack onto the actual Nanatsu no Tazai?), but I've also noticed that the quality of the writing and story-boarding in such shows has decreased in exchange for more, *ahem,* "plot." With this latest venture, we've sort of hit a nadir. I'm honestly glad that I dropped S:NnT after the first episode.

2. By far the biggest disappointment of the season for me was Sekaisuru Kado. It had an intelligent premise, and seemed to be putting a lot of thought into its issues--just like Re:Creators. Then episode 9 rolled around; Kado ran off a cliff into mediocre shonen territory and basically blew a massive hole through its own plot with Saraka. Episode 11 was even worse, with the implication that
    [+] Spoiler
    ZaShuina goes full Yandere and effectively deletes most of the metropolitan Tokyo area, possibly all of existence--leaving only the MC and Saraka left

3. Tsugumomo was also a disappointment. The manga, after about chapter 20 (episode 12) finds its own legs, and gets interesting--with copious amounts of smut, hilarious character interaction, and so on. Yet the anime (we have to sell BDs, man!) opted for censoring and slower pacing--effectively turning it into a generic battle-harem series.

4. Danmachi Sword Oratoria was also a disappointment. Without Hestia and her dynamic with the other characters, particularly her affection for Bell, the story felt a bit flat and unimportant to the narrative overall. We're given hints of something darker going on, but insofar as the plot pacing is concerned, we're never really shown why we should be caring about Ais and her past.

5. SukaSuka has been.................decent. I feel like a lot of the mystery about the world has been lost or not expanded upon enough. This is one series that deserves a lengthier showing (particularly if you spoil yourself and read about what's going to happen, since the anime is almost entirely faithful to its source material).

6. To be honest, SnK shouldn't have gotten a second season until its source manga (now through chapter 96+) has been more fleshed out. A lot of ground could have been covered very quickly, yet from what I hear this season wasn't really worth watching.

7. For me, Re:Creators is definitely the show of the season. It's smart, parodies its source genres or at least touches upon concepts within them, and has managed to create some notable characters, particularly Mamika, Meteora, Selesia and Magane (Altair is too much of a background character to warrant much attention). I've most enjoyed how it's a story about storytelling and its consequences, though it's had its rough spots. Magane feels artificial, particularly with relation to her ability, to the point that she has become an obvious plot device. Similarly, Souta's relationship with Setsuna (Yuna) hasn't really been exploited enough. Other than the event, we really don't know how deep their relationship went, or if they met afterwards. To all indications, they didn't and yet from this episode (12), Souta was apparently significant enough to Shimazaki that her mother thought to call him.

On that note, Re:Creators is disappointing in that (according to sunday webry) the writers feel the need to include a re-cap episode as the 13th episode.

Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    @firemagnet At least our thoughts about this season are kinda the same, Danmachi was dissapointed as well and never watched Tsugumono because I knew it was gonna be a flop anways, This season of SNK was mostly focused about world building and that kind ruined it with tons of explanations and kinda repetitive episodes.... it was still decent tho. And about Kado... yeah, the past of couples of episodes were crap but I still like the show honestly, perhaps the final episode will be the one that will redeem it or something like that... and don't get me started on Sin Nanatsu no Taizai... but yeah, it was a decent season and Summer season is looking good so far.

Also are they really gonna make a recap for Re:Creators? Well... that's stupid but considering the pieces of info we're getting I think it would be a good idea to gather everything in a single episode so everyone can get a general idea of what the heck is going on right now.

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7794 Post(s)
    That final episode of Uchouten Kazoku really was way better than the first seasons final episode.
    [+] Spoiler
    Tenmaya taken back to hell, Soun taken with him. Nidaime and Bentens fight was quite the spectacle and Akadama's entry at the end of it all just to give a short few words makes it feel his willing to have peace with his son.
    It didn't tie up all the loose ends but it was a very solid ending episode, I would of like a bit more on Yajirou, if he went back on his journey or something but I guess Yachirou's marriage as well as Yasaburou's blunt and casual "We are engaged" to his grandmother about Kaisei was just the best thing to happen as a last major scene.

Easily best anime of the season, Those who disagree just prefer shows with more cute girls, more action or hate slice of life style stories with a passion.

Wake me up if Yuzuki or Fiume get added