Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The next Maint will be on 31st July. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Looking forwards to:

Re: Creators. Very interesting concept. Take the concept of Inkheart--the ability of a "silvertongue" to read worlds or characters into existence, and apply it to anime. As far as I can tell it's: Aldnoah Zero meets Fate/Stay Night meets Madoka Magica meets Gangsta---and it's produced by the team that did Aldnoah Zero, Fate/Zero and directed by the guy who did Black Lagoon. Asks the question: "What if these characters had wills of their own, beyond what they were written as? What if their battles were brought into our world?"

Promotional is here:
    http://dai.ly/x56oukm

Basically, take the concept of the Fate's Grail War, and then apply it to the heroes of any anime that has ever existed, as well as their weaponry.

Tsugumomo: Hilarious with a decent plot, also for the crap that it gets past the radar--beating out even Toraburu Darkness.

SnK Season 2: But of course; the gravy train must continue.

ATOM: The beginning: A modernized version of Astro-boy? Why not?

Danmachi: Sword Oratoria: More Danmachi is always a good thing.

Busou Shojou: Machivelianism: Looks interesting.

Clockwork Planet: Interesting concept, will watch.

Overall, I think that Re: Creators has the potential to be anime of the year, if only for art. It's concept is effectively unique, having the precedent of Inkheart, and it's probably every anime-watcher's dream come true. Of course, like Aldnoah Zero, It has the ability to flop spectacularly, but the concept is so interesting "what happens when mecha, mahou shoujou, mythic heroes and gangsters with superpowers all collide in the realm of their creators?" is so interesting that it'll have to be my watch of the season.

Last edited by firemagnet; 02-06-2017 at 02:45 AM.

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7784 Post(s)
    woah woah what they are doing a second season for Uchouten? Meme about PA works and sequels here
    I really wonder how it'l go since it wrapped up reasonably well for the first season.
    It'll go under everyones radar like the original if the sequel follows suit, since it seems slice of life shows only seem popular when it's in a school setting.
    Already calling it that if it's as good as the first it'll be the best anime of the year most people didn't watch, just like the first.

Outside that.. I'd say
    Frame arm girls is going to be the spiritual successor to Busou Shinki with it's plot, akin to the actual models because fucking konami. Not expecting much from it but I'll probably watch a few to see if it does the concept right (Busou shinki anime just ended up derpy comedy and fanservice in a way that the KanColle anime should of done but didn't).
    Eromanga-Sensei I worry about having oreimo vibes which is slightly putting me off but I'll give it a chance since the character herself is great.
    GBF anime is obvious marathon when it finishes airing. Shit's going to feel predictable after playing the game.

Going to wait until stuff actually starts airing outside that before I make any choices and anything that stands out as a recommendation after the fact. Still a surprise this has come up so early though it's two months away isn't it?

But Uchouten getting a second series.. Really wasn't expecting that. First series definitely got overlooked because of how many huge titles where out when it aired (no seriously go look at summer 2013, so many of those where really hyped up so a show with little hype and low on action scenes would get overlooked)
    Talk about unexpected surprises.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4551 Post(s)
    There's been an update to the chart. I see more Naruto nonsense.

Rep
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Meh, nothing new, guess I'm gonna add sin Nanatzu no Taizai to my list since it has the possibility to be the best ecchi show of spring 2017.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2913 Post(s)
    I'm keeping a good eye on Ero-manga sensei since I read the manga... I had good hopes for it.

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 130]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Took a closer look at this. Wow. Lot of fantasy (which I like) and sequels/spinoffs - especially the latter. Picked out about a dozen shows to try out. Don't watch that much anime later (and KC events, especially a large one will make me fall behind) so probably won't watch all to the end. Also, lot of "3 Episode Rule" anyway.

Call me a sucker, but yeah, going to give Berserk another try *crosses fingers* Probably naive, but maybe all the criticism about the crap CGI will be heard and improvements made. Not the biggest SNK fan, but eh, if I don't think about things too much it can be a nice popcorn type of show. Like Fantasy so, sure, I'll give Granblue a try. I did like Aiz a lot in DanMachi so definitely going to check that out.

sin Nanatsu might be OK - taking a shot on that. Not big in to sci-fi, but Clockwork Planet might be interesting. Getting a DearS/Chobits vibe with that though it may not go down that road. Listed as "seinen, comedy, supernatural", etc. so I'll give Tsugumono a try. Hope the comedy's good. KonaSuba is going to be hard to replace.

Little early for AOTY talk (or even AOTS), but agree with @firemagnet that Re: Creators does look good based upon premise. Definitely interested in checking out that show.

Question I have is what happened to Fate/Grand Order? I mean, no second OVA? O.o. Figured there would be maybe one per season for a while, but I guess not. They didn't just do the one OVA as a game ad and that's it... did they?

@Leyana: Thanks for the updated chart

Last edited by goesto11; 03-25-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Nanaya
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    It sure feels like a sequel season is ahead of us... Lots of sequels, and some interesting new series as well, too bad I probably won't have the time to watch everything I'm interested on :(

The "must see" for me are Saekano S2 and Danmachi:SO. I loved both series back when they aired, so it's really a no brainer for me.
    Other than those, I want to pick up SnK S2 (I followed S1 and enjoyed it overall, despite not really liking the main character and finding some plot points really predictable) and Granblue Fantasy (started playing the game when it got the English release , but ended up dropping it since it required too much time to progress), and with four series in the watchlist I think I've already filled up my freetime.
    I'm somewhat intrerested in Clockwork Planet and Re:Creators too, I'll probably check them out at least...

@goesto11 Yeah, I would really like a sequel/full animated series of F/GO, since I found the characters pretty likeable (Mash best kouhai), but there's no news on that front sadly... Being a long time Nasuverse fan, the bait OVA worked on me and I started playing the game, and I've seen a decent amount of new players as well, so I guess the OVA served its purpose as an ad campaign...

Marriage Anniversary: October, 2nd

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    @Nrvn: Not into phone games and as far as I know, no way to legitimately play FGO on a PC. If there was, I'd probably be playing though lack of something like KC3 Kai or KCV would make things more difficult for me. From what you wrote, seems like the OVA did its job to advertise the game.

Anyway, I'm in this for anime-only. I didn't think the first OVA was all that good, but good enough and read so many comments about how that was only the tutorial and how the story gets much better. Actually, doesn't take much imagination to see how it would get better, thus my interest in more FGO. *sigh* Guess that won't happen or at least anytime soon. :/

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    Took a closer look at this. Wow. Lot of fantasy (which I like) and sequels/spinoffs - especially the latter. Picked out about a dozen shows to try out. Don't watch that much anime later (and KC events, especially a large one will make me fall behind) so probably won't watch all to the end. Also, lot of "3 Episode Rule" anyway.

Call me a sucker, but yeah, going to give Berserk another try *crosses fingers* Probably naive, but maybe all the criticism about the crap CGI will be heard and improvements made. Not the biggest SNK fan, but eh, if I don't think about things too much it can be a nice popcorn type of show. Like Fantasy so, sure, I'll give Granblue a try. I did like Aiz a lot in DanMachi so definitely going to check that out.

sin Nanatsu might be OK - taking a shot on that. Not big in to sci-fi, but Clockwork Planet might be interesting. Getting a DearS/Chobits vibe with that though it may not go down that road. Listed as "seinen, comedy, supernatural", etc. so I'll give Tsugumono a try. Hope the comedy's good. KonaSuba is going to be hard to replace.

Little early for AOTY talk (or even AOTS), but agree with @firemagnet that Re: Creators does look good based upon premise. Definitely interested in checking out that show.

Question I have is what happened to Fate/Grand Order? I mean, no second OVA? O.o. Figured there would be maybe one per season for a while, but I guess not. They didn't just do the one OVA as a game ad and that's it... did they?

@Leyana: Thanks for the updated chart
    Tsugumomo will be the ecchi anime of the season, hands down. Just read the manga; batoto has it listed as smut for a reason: it has full on detailed nudity that would make To-Love-Ru Darkness run for the hills, screaming. In addition, the plot for it is actually decent, and certainly not the sort of "will they won't they" contrived bullshit that you see in To Love Ru or other similar ecchi-rom-coms.

Rep
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KotoNano View Post
    woah woah what they are doing a second season for Uchouten? Meme about PA works and sequels here
    I really wonder how it'l go since it wrapped up reasonably well for the first season.
    It'll go under everyones radar like the original if the sequel follows suit, since it seems slice of life shows only seem popular when it's in a school setting.
    Already calling it that if it's as good as the first it'll be the best anime of the year most people didn't watch, just like the first.

Outside that.. I'd say
    Frame arm girls is going to be the spiritual successor to Busou Shinki with it's plot, akin to the actual models because fucking konami. Not expecting much from it but I'll probably watch a few to see if it does the concept right (Busou shinki anime just ended up derpy comedy and fanservice in a way that the KanColle anime should of done but didn't).
    Eromanga-Sensei I worry about having oreimo vibes which is slightly putting me off but I'll give it a chance since the character herself is great.
    GBF anime is obvious marathon when it finishes airing. Shit's going to feel predictable after playing the game.

Going to wait until stuff actually starts airing outside that before I make any choices and anything that stands out as a recommendation after the fact. Still a surprise this has come up so early though it's two months away isn't it?

But Uchouten getting a second series.. Really wasn't expecting that. First series definitely got overlooked because of how many huge titles where out when it aired (no seriously go look at summer 2013, so many of those where really hyped up so a show with little hype and low on action scenes would get overlooked)
    Talk about unexpected surprises.
    IIRC the author of Uchouten is very well known in Japan, he also wrote The Tatami Galaxy novel, and Uchouten is a trilogy(?, read it long time ago, already forgotten the source). So it get 2nd SS does not surprise me at all xD
    Talking about the 1st SS, as much hyped for Kyojin, Uchouten overshadowed Kyojin in that season to me, it's so fresh and unique. And now it's my most anticipated tittle, along with Kyojin, Berserk, SnBahamut, Natsume and BLAME! Movie and maybe some new tittles like Re:CREATORS justbecause of Hiroyuki Sawano OST xD

Last edited by Geirhildr; 03-27-2017 at 09:14 AM.