Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7802 Post(s)
    @Geirhildr Yeah it was an underrated gem in it's first season at least if you look at western communities and how few mentioned it at all IIRC. I know Japan-side it didn't have as much a problem and was reasonably popular.
    I don't remember if the novel is a trilogy, but I know there's been a follow up novel released since the anime aired which is possibly what the new season will take content from if it did use up all the material from the original. I just hope the animation and pacing quality manages to keep in line with the first.

Two things will never happen:
    Yuzuki getting added or Kagero-class K2.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @firemagnet: Maybe, or they could have a lot of light bars or steam (removed for BD), or just tone the ecchi parts down altogether - especially if it's more than TLR levels. Ecchi shows on the level of say HS DxD level are rare anymore. Like I said, I'll give a shot as it check off enough genre boxes for me though it seems that a lot of the cast is pretty young (middle-school?). Prefer older, especially if ecchi.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Nitroflame
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anime that I'm going to watch for Spring Season 2017

Boku No Hero Academa : The first season was great and I'm looking for forward to season 2.

Gin no Guardian
    : Expecting this show might be entirely average, Interesting to watch anyways.

Shingeki no Kyojin : Going to watch this just to see how season 2 turns out.

Tsugumono
    : Not expecting much from this show, the shrine girl looks interesting.

Warau Salesman NEW: Looks like one of the more interesting shows of the season. I haven't seen the original show.

Idol Time PriPara : I haven't seen any other PriPara show, expecting this to be average.

Love Kome: We Love Rice
    : I like eating rice and is an interesting idea. Might be similar to Pan de Peace which was an okay short.

Sakura Quest : Will be interesting how the Sakura series will be as an anime.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellism
    ; Sound like Prison School 2.0, very interested.

Clockwork Planet : The title artwork looks interesting and that's the main reason why i'm going to watch it.

Berserk : I like Berserk, going to watch.

ID-0 : Space pirates and mechs, hell yeah.

Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl beats Boys: A school with lots of delinquents. The show art doesn't give me too much hope.

Room Mate ~One Room side M~
    : Going to watch just to see how the male character version of this show is.

Dungeon ni Deal wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? Gaiden: Sword Oratoria: I semi liked the original show. Mainly watching since I know it's going to be popular.

Puripuri Chii-chan!! : Might be like Nyanko Days, if so I'm excited.

Atom: The Beginning
    : I think its going to be nice to see the birth of Astro Boy.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho : Cover art looks interesting, I don't have much hope for the overall show.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation : Going to big this season. I don't have high hopes.

Eromanga-Sensei
    : One of the shows i'm actually interested in this season.

Soryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni... : Excited for this show.

Alice to Zouroku : I feel like this show will be big this season, just staying in the loop.

Re:Creators : I feel like this show will be big this season, just staying in the loop.Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Record : Cover girl looks nice.

Sin Nantsu no Taizai :
    "Plot" summary not available

Renai Boukun : The girl looks familiar from somewhere. I think this show will be good.

Frame Arms Girl : Not too hyped about this anime on itself, mainly going to watch it because i have a couple friends how are into it.

Hinako Note : A friend recommended I show watch this, I don't think i'm going to regert it.

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine : Hell yeah, an historical show.

Rep
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    @Nitroflame

Gin no Guardian's 1st episode is already up. It works like a cheap knockoff of SAO, the art and animation are average at best. Dropped after the 1st episode. There's nothing there to keep me interested.

Clockwork planet's manga is interesting so it should be a good watch.

Buso-shoujou: Machiavellism's manga is decent, but seems to be standard tropes. The main villain is pretty creepy, though.

Atom: The Beginning's manga is, well.............hrm. Very slow paced. It'll be a quiet show to say the least.

Re:Creators comes out on friday. I'm hyped. Looks like it has a good sense of character and word, enhanced as usual by Sawano's soundtrack. Given that the last work Aldnoah Zero was a massive flop, I'm going to sit on the fence on this one. Given that the guy who did black lagoon is directing it, though, it has massive potential.

Tsugumomo: Manga is excellent, makes lots of hilarious references and is quite dark. Lots of sexual humor and gags. Should be fun, especially with the uncensored version.

Hinako Note, given that it's drawn by a guy who does ero-manga and is a four-koma, looks like it might have potential. Similar to Setokai Yakuin-Domo?

Edit:

Lots more stuff on Re:Creators.

Third (two and a half minute long) PV from Dailymotion here:

notes + screen grabs:

Process of character summoning is digital. MC drops his tablet on the ground and appears to be sucked into a digitized pocket universe. All characters seem to be digitally summoned. It's like combining Gantz with Fate: Zero.
    The force behind this seems to be at least semi-sentient. Includes an interface screw and the words in multiple languages (most prominently German) "What are you looking for/ expecting" and "You cannot escape."

Note the use of lamarck in the "lamarck kernel" below. Lamarck was a scientist in the early 19th century who proposed that all living beings can acquire traits during their lives that they can pass onto their offspring. This is clearly invoking the principle of cross-universal abilities for the various charaters. Which is why Gunpuku no Himegimi can stop an 800 tom mecha with just a single sword.

character transfer process finishing up.

Gunpuku no Himegimi
    This character also happens to be the villain of the story. Her name is Gunpuku no Himegimi. Her name is wierd. It simply means "noble's daughter in a military uniform" when taken literally, but it could also translate to "Lady of War"

She's quite clearly one of the villains of the series. Halfway into the trailer she can be heard saying something close to "Ware wa Gunpuku...........kamigami no chi seizai" some of what she says is inaudible, but as far as I can tell, she's introducing herself, and then announcing rather casually that she's come for the blood of the gods. My translation is most likely complete off, but what is clear is that she can stop a 50-foot-800-ton mecha with just a single saber.

Oh, and then there's Gundam: Twilight Axis. It looks like it takes place in the original gundam univers, just after UC Gundam (AKA Gundam Unicorn).

Last edited by firemagnet; 04-02-2017 at 01:14 AM.

IGN
    Nitroflame
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Season has begun

I agree on Gin on Guardian but i'm still going to watch just cause.

Attack on Titan was actually pretty nice to watch again even though I'm not the hugest fan and I shit on everyone wearing an AoT cosplay. ( It's really lazy and there's hundreds of them.)

My Hero Academia : OMG OMG OMG YES

IGN
    Kyte or iKyte
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I also have my eyes on Gin on Guardian as well as Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria. Was hoping for a season 2 for Koutetsujou no Kanbaneri this year

Rep
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    @iKyte

Gin No Guardian seems subpar to be honest.

Tsugumomo episode 1: fairly standard fare. Obvious that BS11 broadcast is censored thanks to object placement. AT-X broadcast may or may not be, alternatively the BD release will be. Animation is decent, while the plot follows the manga exactly. Which means we'll eventually get things like this:

eventually we go beyond cliched storylines and the plot actually appears starting chapter 20 or so.

Re: Creators Special 1: Cast interviews. We get to hear all of its opening theme Gravity Wall, which is in my opinion the best OP Sawano has done to date. Lots of clips and tidbits on the plot of episode 1, which makes me really exited. Rei Hirono, the author of black lagoon is doing the dialogue and storyline, so this should be good. OTOH, the guy who directed Aldnoah Zero is directing it, so......

Haifuri OVA 1: skimmed it. Takes place directly after the end of Season 1. Girls going about daily life and lamenting that they're not going to have a ship for their next semester of classes. Sequel hook?

Last edited by firemagnet; 04-03-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4753 Post(s)
    So before I start the season this Friday, any trash I should prepare my soul for?

Rep
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    @Leyana

Gin no Guardian and Boruto (Naruto sequel) are the only radioactive substances you should stay well away from. Else, everything else this season looks at least halfway decent.

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    My hype Academia was good, AoT was dope, so far so good and Gin no Guardian is shit.