Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has ended. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Some additional pictures from TAP:

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    And according to some initial leaks , Henri IV will have 3 triple 240mm guns.

Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    So I was right about it being another Moskva. It's looking pretty bad though... 17.15s reload time is pretty huge, and according to Reddit it would've the lowest DPM of any T10 cruiser. The penetration values are also pretty mediocre and the velocity is pretty meh (which is silly considering that French guns tended to be on the high velocity side with their guns). The AP damage is also fairly medicore considering the increase in calibre and the fact that French bursting charge were much heavier than their counterparts: 8kg on the French 203mm vs 2kg for Germany, 3.1kg for Japan and 3.4kg for Italy... More than double the amount.

If my math isn't wrong, Moskva can output a maximum of 313 200 dmg/min at 985 m/s. Henri IV would be 195 300 dmg/min at 845 m/s...
    And then there's the penetration:
    359mm at 5km
    266mm at 10km
    195mm at 15km

Meanwhile, Moskva:

Moskva has the same amount of penetration at 15km than Henri does at 5km.
    And Henri's 240mm HE shells deal as much damage as Zao's 203mm.

No way 5% additional fire chances and shitty torps can make up for these kinds of differences. Here's hope that it will receive the changes it needs during ST. The whole ship just doesn't make any real sense at the moment, both in terms of stats and historical design philosophies of the French navy.

At least MN cruisers flavor isn't "HE only". I was quite afraid that it would be their "thing".

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    @Mobius As usual can't comment on any in-game stats if any.

Regarding real-world data though, if we go by the guns mounted on Algerie or Suffren, they do not have notably high muzzle velocity compared to their contemporaries. Fairly average. I do not know what is the shell velocity performance at range, but in this aspect at least I don't think it's that much of a stretch to tweak it this extent. Also if these guns are intended to have similar muzzle velocity to the ones on Algerie, its pretty correct.

As for the bursting charge, the larger charge is needed for the larger mass of the shell. It's not just the bursting charge that matters, in fact I will say the mass matters the most in a naval shell, and there are also disadvantages to excessive bursting charge.

Based on that, if I assume the shell mass is around 200-220kg, with 840m/s muzzle velocity, if the AP damage came out to be just over 6000 it would seem about right (I will not comment on any specific numbers purported to be in-game). That doesn't mean I'm saying the shells are actually good, or bad, or anything, if they are around this range of damage, just saying that it would fit the general trend of damage to shell characteristics set in game.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Raven
    Server
    Palau Dockyards
    Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Are you a supertester?

How I got into Kancolle
    Also known as Cruiser_Kumano on World of Warships

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8251 Post(s)
    I can comment a bit at least. Tl;dr: yes, it's basically a shittier Moskva. This thing loses so much penetration power over range. The velocity is great, for sure. But it has bad long range air resistance, giving it shit arcs and pen power at range. Does "Atlanta Rainbows" mean anything to y'all?

Also none of the Moskva armor to accommodate the Moskva size, and the extra torpedoes and Engine Boost don't make up for it.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 95/99 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (5/1)

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    @Raven At the moment yes.
    @Emerald Acid Without being too specific, your info is rather........fast isn't it.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8251 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Combo of data mines from Dev Server and news from the CN ST.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 95/99 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (5/1)

IGN
    Raven
    Server
    Palau Dockyards
    Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @DLRevan That's cool. Some of my clanmates are also supertesters. Well, time for me to stock up on free exp.

How I got into Kancolle
    Also known as Cruiser_Kumano on World of Warships

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid Early first-hand impressions are often inaccurate when its made in too short a time.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo