Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Funimation & Kancolle?

So... yeah. Funi just posted some very specific tweets. Wonder what it means?

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Funimation wasn't kidding

Let the speculation begin as to which english VAs will be assigned to which Kanmusu! :3

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

IGN
    ExtraCrunchy
    Server
    Harashajima
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Well what do you know, "It's happening" after all! Hearing the characters in English should be...memorable.

I generally think KanColle isn't a very good vehicle for mining the human condition, anyway. It's a mostly light and fun place where the maps are named after food and people speak in catchphrases. - Some guy on Danbooru
    "We were somewhere around Rabaul, on the edge of the Bismarck Sea, when the bauxite began to take hold."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshimaru View Post
    We're someone's fanfic that went viral after all.

Rep
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Heh kinda weird that they would release an english version of the Anime when players from overseas can't even play the game without some Workaround.

I wonder how fun the Anime is when you don't actually play the game. And i'm really curious to see how much they will sell on the english market.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

The Evolution

Newly Registered
    IGN
    Kahlev
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2k5 View Post
    Heh kinda weird that they would release an english version of the Anime when players from overseas can't even play the game without some Workaround.

I wonder how fun the Anime is when you don't actually play the game. And i'm really curious to see how much they will sell on the english market.
    I think you can now create your account from zero through the android client, so there would be no need to go through VPN/cookies/vodoo magic to get it running on a PC first. Only issue would me going though the DMM app which is only in moonrunes still?

Rep
    Mentioned
    4625 Post(s)
    @UNSC_Marine Now the question is, when Iowa appears will she still have the same English?

IGN
    ExtraCrunchy
    Server
    Harashajima
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2k5 View Post
    I wonder how fun the Anime is when you don't actually play the game.
    I can see it now: "Teens react to Kancolle anime English trailer!".

I generally think KanColle isn't a very good vehicle for mining the human condition, anyway. It's a mostly light and fun place where the maps are named after food and people speak in catchphrases. - Some guy on Danbooru
    "We were somewhere around Rabaul, on the edge of the Bismarck Sea, when the bauxite began to take hold."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshimaru View Post
    We're someone's fanfic that went viral after all.

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    @Leyana Given that shes not in the first season its not even an issue .

I woulde be more worried about which Voice Actor will work on the English dub

Rep
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    @UNSC_Marine Haha lol that would be too good. xD

@Kahlev Ahh okay didn't know that, i don't play kancolle on my phone. But the game is most likely still only in the japanese play store, so you atleast need to get QooApp. Also playing on pc still needs VPN/Cookie method even if you have your account set up through the mobile version.

@Drakenred Oh god i can already hear the cringy dub....

The Evolution

Rep
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    How to [Poi] in English...

Since May 29, 2015
    LSC's High Five - Yama 1st get, Musa 3rd (randomly) get, Biscuit 5th get, Taihou 9th get, 401 attempts = 0...got 4 from event
    Retiring from LSC Oct 5, 2015
    1yr-old post