Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4725 Post(s)
    @Murrue I guess I know who this certain someone is. But if this is really the case, this could be a compact k2. Say, you can choose between the CVL form and the other form.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Newly Registered Hyper Shinchan's Avatar
    Server
    Shortland Islands
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrue View Post
    @211303 I know who someone will really cry if his waifu CAV become a CVL :p
    Mine is ready. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    @Murrue I guess I know who this certain someone is. But if this is really the case, this could be a compact k2. Say, you can choose between the CVL form and the other form.
    Considering how they said that one of the new equipments is a reward of a Suzuya K2 related quest and how convertible K2 have no default equipment, I'd argue that it's quite possible.

Rep
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    RJ be screaming they dont need more buxom CVL. And it might be Tanaka's way to adress people complaining about the lack of CVL, without going into the USN.

Rep
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    So we might get an convertibel Suzuya Kai ni. Hmm that would actually be pretty intersting, let's see how this will turn out. In any case, more CVLs are always welcome convertibel or not.

The Evolution

IGN
    コスモスペンギン
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Hmm......maybe it's me but I don't think I'll keep Suzuya as K2-CVL for long given that we only have 6 CAVs. I might just turn her into a CVL, finish up the (Zero 63?) quest and then turn her back into a CAV.

For me, all these hinges on whether Kumano will really get a K2 (there's a jacket in the current
    Mitsukoshi collaboration that is described as ".....a must buy item for Mogami, Mikuma and K2-inbounding Suzuya and Kumano admirals" but I'll believe it when the devs really tweet about her) as I don't want to separate the sisters. :(

It would be best if them 2 gets convertible K2s and Ibuki joins the fleet (IIRC she was mentioned way back in 2013/4!) but how big would be that chance I wonder?

Ring given to Shigure October 4, 2017 :)

Summer '17 event completed 27 August 2017! (H-H-H-H-H-H-N + all new ships & Graf bagged)
    Yamato added to fleet 2 September 2017 :) MIA list: Musashi/Taihou/Unryuu

Rep
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    @Cosmic Penguin Well if it's a convertible you could always go back and forth, depending on what you need. The constant modernisation for every switch might be a bit annoying though.

I wonder if we really get Ibuki sometime in the future, considering she was never completed. Then again so was Graf Zeppelin.... hmm let's wait and hope for the best. That reminds me neet/sheltered girl Tirpitz when kdkw lol?

The Evolution

Server
    Shortland Islands
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Penguin View Post
    Hmm......maybe it's me but I don't think I'll keep Suzuya as K2-CVL for long given that we only have 6 CAVs.
    On the other hand there are only 5 fast CVLs at the moment and speed locking made itself felt lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Penguin View Post
    (IIRC she was mentioned way back in 2013/4!)
    Did they mention her? I can't find her in the hinted content page of the wiki and I don't really remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
    And it might be Tanaka's way to adress people complaining about the lack of CVL, without going into the USN.
    Well, there were the already mentioned Ibuki and possibly Seydliz as potential alternatives, but I guess that similar issues with what they want to implement and in what order might apply in their case too, who knows.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4725 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Shinchan View Post
    On the other hand there are only 5 fast CVLs at the moment and speed locking made itself felt lately.

Did they mention her? I can't find her in the hinted content page of the wiki and I don't really remember it.
    It was in an interview in the Hobby Japan Feb/2014 issue. The same interview also mentions Tone/chikuma k2, and introduction of maruyu, matsu class DD, coastal defense ship and Shinano though, and only the former two are introduced so far.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by 211303; 03-27-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Highly doubt Suzuya becomes a CVL on remodel based on historical basis. She didn't even become a CAV in reality, let alone there being any plans at all for her conversion to a CVL. The link to Ibuki is extremely tenuous in my opinion, Ibuki may have been based on Mogami class but they are still distinct classes. Furthermore, it would probably have not been worth the effort rebuilding Suzuya into a flat-top. Ibuki still being under construction at the time is another deal.

The Reisen is also a fight-bomber designed to take-off from very short flight decks. It has a lot of weight-saving measures up to the point of minimum viable combat capability. Something like that could conceivably launch from something like Akitsumaru, or Suzuya/Kumano with an expanded flight deck. I think it would make more sense if Suzuya is just able to equip this bomber as a CAV.

But KC is a game, and the game doesn't have to follow these points if it makes sense for gameplay. I don't think I would like it though. I don't see Suzuya as having a CV image at all or fitting that role, else I'd be fine if she is simply able to convert freely between CAV and CVL.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Shortland Islands
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    It was in an interview in the Hobby Japan Feb/2014 issue. The same interview also mentions Tone/chikuma k2, and introduction of maruyu, matsu class DD, coastal defense ship and Shinano though, and only the former two are introduced so far.
    Thanks, I've managed to find the relevant interview here. It should get added to the wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Highly doubt Suzuya becomes a CVL on remodel based on historical basis. She didn't even become a CAV in reality, let alone there being any plans at all for her conversion to a CVL. The link to Ibuki is extremely tenuous in my opinion, Ibuki may have been based on Mogami class but they are still distinct classes. Furthermore, it would probably have not been worth the effort rebuilding Suzuya into a flat-top. Ibuki still being under construction at the time is another deal.
    As quoted from Lacroix "The general outline of the Basic Design No. C-46 was largely identical to that of the cruisers Suzuya and Kumano as definitively completed in 1939 after the Third Efficiency Improvement Works", C-46 being the basic design of Ibuki; Suzuya was much closer to Ibuki than Mogami, to the point that Mogami carried two more boilers (decks' height, length of the protected areas, etc. changed considerably too).

As for the likelihood of something similar happening, after Midway they made a study which included every major surface combatant (i.e. heavy cruisers and battleships) for their conversion into carriers, this what they calculated

(Source is again Japanese Cruisers of the Pacific War)
    Eventually the study produced only the partial conversion of Ise and Hyuga, but all the heavy cruiser except for the Furutaka class were deemed to be viable, they were not converted because they were needed for fleet service, still there's a tenuous, "what if", justification.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Hyper Shinchan; 03-27-2017 at 02:39 PM.