Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7794 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    Ah, just remembered this. The discussion reminds me of something similar with tanks in WWII. Designation was really by intended role. You could have some surprisingly light "Medium" or "Heavy" tanks.

As for the drops. I'm with you 100%. I'm missing one ship (Asakaze) which thankfully drops at E-2 where there's another farming target. Still, this is too much. EASILY could have made another ship a reward so it's 50/50, though IMO Summer 2015 got it right with 4 rewards & two drops. OR...uh, just don't introduce so many ships. I want some new ship, but I'd also like more Kai ni remodels. Haven't checked, but my guess is new ship introductions are outpacing kai ni remodels. Ships like Gamgut with "built in Kai ni" are rare.

Re. BGM, I'm fine with reusing some of that - as long as I like the music :P. CGIs though should be good. Higher armor SS Hime isn't fun, but with enough OASW ships, not bad. I cleared E-1 Hard easily. Guessingn the new ASW equipment will provide a boost as well, though usual troll "Here some equipment that would have helped you clear an earlier map".
    Well it doesn't help when designation is different by nation, for example back in WWI then the RN listed any battleship over 25kn as a battlecrusier which means.. if QE-class was actually 1~2kn faster they would of been officially listed as battlecrusiers too like the hood was. While QE was a battleship and the hood was a BC, the hood had more guns and thicker armor but because of the classifications it doesn't actually sound that way.

I gave up farming for drop ships last event, with Asakaze. It's the most boring chore to do in an event and when you go into an event and don't have the resources to repeat a map for no reason other than drops 100+ times it's pretty annoying when the majority of ships are locked behind it.

The BGM is pretty important though. Sure people didn't like last springs music but each event has added at least map/battle/boss music and it's something that doujin music artists use for remixes and songs. I still very clearly remember 2015 winter's map music pretty clearly, just the opening brings back the nostalgia of the event. and while spring 2016 was "meh/bad" to people it's distinct enough you'd go "Oh I remember that, it's the event Iowa was a reward" It just kinda feels bad.
    I haven't got far but it does sound kinda just lacks any umph so far. I need to change my homeport music because it's way too loud in comparison.

Last edited by KotoNano; 05-04-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Wake me up if Yuzuki or Fiume get added

Rep
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KotoNano View Post
    The BGM is pretty important though. Sure people didn't like last springs music but each event has added at least map/battle/boss music and it's something that doujin music artists use for remixes and songs. I still very clearly remember 2015 winter's map music pretty clearly, just the opening brings back the nostalgia of the event. and while spring 2016 was "meh/bad" to people it's distinct enough you'd go "Oh I remember that, it's the event Iowa was a reward" It just kinda feels bad.
    I haven't got far but it does sound kinda just lacks any umph so far. I need to change my homeport music because it's way too loud in comparison.

Only on the first map, but i liked that tune. It felt like a creeping start of an epic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    I am an idiot.

I happily dropped Kamoi and put her on the backburner for leveling while I continue clearing/farming the rest of the event. Didn't read up much on her.

Only now, 5 days later, do I notice shes Ainu, not Wajin (the common japanese ethnicity). At least, not fully.

The clothes in her Cg make it obvious, but its only after I heard some of her lines in Ainu...

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo