Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4749 Post(s)

Rep
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    I'm plan to do the CAV k2 Suzuya Q on 5-3 and Zara due Q also on 5-3,. can you suggest any good formation ? it had been too long and i can't remember which good comp for 5-3 that use 2 CA

Last edited by honglong17; 04-20-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    @honglong17 You can't do both at the same time since the CA whose quest you're completing must be the flagship. But you can use the same formation for both of them (just have a different CA as flagship depending on whose quest you are completing).

I used CA / 2 CLT / 2 DD / CL for both quests, CL being Isuzu with ASW equips and the CA having 2 guns and 2 seaplane fighters. No one can do daytime double attacks at the boss but neither can the boss do artillery spotting on me. I am counting on Isuzu killing off the submarine, 2 CLTs knocking out some of the trash and then the team murdering the boss node in the night battle. There's also a small chance of skipping the NB node with the transports and fighting only 3 battles instead of 4 battles.

Some people have also tried 2CA(V) 2FBB 2DD, which lets you do daytime double attacks/AP cut-in at the boss node if you load seaplane fighters on your CA(V)s (if really necessary, you can also bring a seaplane fighter on Italia/Roma as the FBB) and get Air Superiority at the boss. Personally I have never done this as I never had problems with the boss node, only with surviving long enough to actually get there.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

Summer 2017: The War Against Europe ALL 甲 CLEAR